forum

Help with making skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MuzicalAce
Hello~
So, I have to be honest, I understand how to make a skin, and the process of going into it...however, the software and availability of storage and memory on my laptop is causing me to be unable to make or adjust anything...and downloading outside software is not gonna go well...I tried to figure out what the problem might be, but it is most likely due to the laptop being 2012. I was curious if anyone might be willing to work in a collaboration with me...I need the help more so with the sound effects and the coding...I already have most of the designs and color scheme already planned out, it's more the putting it all together and the programming I need assistance with...if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or maybe even offer some assistance, that would be highly appreciated! thank you! :)
Maze

MuzicalAce wrote:

Hello~
So, I have to be honest, I understand how to make a skin, and the process of going into it...however, the software and availability of storage and memory on my laptop is causing me to be unable to make or adjust anything...and downloading outside software is not gonna go well...I tried to figure out what the problem might be, but it is most likely due to the laptop being 2012. I was curious if anyone might be willing to work in a collaboration with me...I need the help more so with the sound effects and the coding...I already have most of the designs and color scheme already planned out, it's more the putting it all together and the programming I need assistance with...if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or maybe even offer some assistance, that would be highly appreciated! thank you! :)
There isn't any programming involved unless editing the skin.ini is considered programming. All you really need is photoshop, gimp or any other editing software that supports transparent images and you're set. I'm pretty sure you have enough space for a 300-2000mb program.
h3oCharles
GIMP, Paint.NET are your best bets for software as they are both free
there's no coding, skin.ini is just couple commands mostly unless you're doing mania

for sound effects, downloading a bunch of other skins is the only way to go, as mixing sounds is allowed
but reading your wall of text I thought that you might like Aesthetic's sound set

EDIT1: _Maze, refrain from quoting OPs
Topic Starter
MuzicalAce

h3oCharles wrote:

GIMP, Paint.NET are your best bets for software as they are both free
there's no coding, skin.ini is just couple commands mostly unless you're doing mania

for sound effects, downloading a bunch of other skins is the only way to go, as mixing sounds is allowed
but reading your wall of text I thought that you might like Aesthetic's sound set

EDIT1: _Maze, refrain from quoting OPs

OMG THANKS SOOOOO MUCH~~~~~