forum

Netsky - Eyes Closed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Geffern
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kradfiz
Hi here for mod.

The timing is pretty off, try 174 bpm with around 26 offset. Then resnap all the notes to be on the white ticks or red ticks. You shouldn't need too many blue tick usage, which you have a lot of.

00:22:181 (1,2) - Like here for example should be on the white tick and the red tick, ending on the second white tick. It will sound in sync with the music once you fix the timing.
00:22:353 (2) - This slider shape is kind of wonky, and it's hard to tell what effect you're going for here. Most of your non-linear sliders have these random-esque shapes, so you might consider having some sort of pattern or consistent idea to enforce the logic of their shapes, otherwise it just looks out of place.
00:22:181 (1,2,3,4,5) - From these first notes, there's no clear indication of what kind of spacing is going to be used, since all of these notes are really close together even though 1 and 2 are much closer in timing than 2 and 3. Since the AR and supposedly difficulty is going to be so high, I would extend the spacing between 1 and 2 so that they clearly overlap, and then it seems like you want to put 3 directly underneath of the tail of 2 to emphasize the pause in the music.
00:23:474 (1,2,3) - These notes don't have any consistent spacing, and it seems like you were trying to follow distance snap by manually placing circles in arbitrarily relatively close locations. Turning on distance snap would be appropriate here.
00:23:819 (3,4) - Same point as above, the spacing differences aren't exaggerated enough to show a different idea when there's a difference in timing
00:26:405 (2,3) - These notes are really close together, but I'm not sure I see the reasoning why. The shape of the slider is appropriate since it's emphasizing a different sound in the vocal part.
00:27:267 (4,5) - The relative spacing on these two notes are really far apart. If you want to go for more flow, I would reverse the order, putting the slider before the circle so that the player clicks on a white and red tick instead of a white and blue.
00:31:232 (4,5) - This is an example of more appropriate placing of the rhythm, though there are still some weird parts about the spacing throughout this section.
00:32:181 (3,4,5,6) - This part is kind of awkward, especially since you can't see the slider at the end, being almost completely overlapped by the first slider. I would either make all the following notes circles, or have one circle at 4 and 5 become a reverse slider that finishes out the rhythm.
00:37:526 (2,3) - This is unrankable, you can't have more than one note on the same tick.
00:42:784 (1,2,3,4) - This is the first time you've used symmetry, which shows that this is something different, and that makes this part of the map seem more well done than the rest because of the inherent aesthetic visual pleasantry of symmetry in general, and also the way the notes fit the new part of the music. I don't want to say to use symmetry the whole map, but it looks so much stronger that you should consider using other forms of patterns or visual structure to make your map seem less random or haphazardly made.
00:58:991 (3,1) - Following your previous logic, it would be appropriate to have a jump between these notes.
01:00:715 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - While the whole section is slightly messy visually, it's most apparent in these jumps, which I assume are supposed to be squares. The flow is fine, but you can make actual squares instead of arbitrary square-like shapes, which will make it visually appealing in addition to vexing to the players (cos we all love square jumps xd)
01:03:301 (4,1) - This makes it seem like the last jump is part of the stream, which it isn't. There is the new combo color, but a small gap between the notes would increase the clarity of something new rhythmically.
01:04:077 (8,9) - You should begin the increased spacing (if at all) at 9 instead of 8, since if you were to map just half of the stream, regardless of whether you choose the first half or the second half, that note at the white tick where 9 is will be used in both scenarios, meaning the 9 acts like a bridge between two different ideas. Starting a spacing change early makes it awkward.
01:04:077 (8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18) - This stream is kind of weirdly shaped. If you want nice curved streams, try converting a slider into a stream. It will come out much more smoothly
01:04:939 (18) - There's no note here in the music. Just end the stream at 17 notes.
01:06:319 (1,2) - In this more intense part of the song (idk if you're going to make this kiai or not) this is like the only jump, and the rest of it is the same small spacing that you were using before. You should probably increase the spacing in addition to furthering the complexity of the rhythms (which tbh don't really get too much more complex since it's a dnb song) to show more emphasis in the change in the music's intensity.
01:07:008 (5,6,7,8,9,1) - The problems with your timing being off are that it's hard to tell which note in the music you're trying to follow. Regardless, I don't recommend having a string of four consecutive notes (5,6,7,8) because of how it probably doesn't fit with the music completely.
01:12:439 (4,5,6,7) - ^
01:18:388 (7,8) - The rest of this section uses soft samplesets and these two notes randomly don't. Not sure what you're trying to emphasize in the music here.
01:27:094 (10,11,12,13) - Unlike the last time this motif in the music came up, you used symmetry, which made it stand out. You still used the same horizontal 1/4 sliders, but it doesn't have the same feel, which was mildly disappointing.

So while those were some specific things to point out, the beatmap as a whole needs a lot of work. Spacing is never consistent, and patterns just seem kind of random. The flow isn't particularly terrible, but that's hard to judge when the timing is so off in the first place. Once you get consistent spacing and smoother angles between the notes (try like 30, 45, 60 degree angles) your map might be able to be looked at in a better light.

Hope this mod helps, and good luck!