forum

invite function and private rooms in multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ash
I see a lot of "2 vs 2" games, and usually they're private.

Why not just implement private rooms? You'd have to invite players into the room to join, though, so /invite could be used.

It could be used for regular rooms too; maybe if you could view the lobby while in a room to see who's available?
mattyu007
I think this is a pretty cool idea....It would help with all the "<user>!! JOIN OUR MP GAEM!1111!!!!!!!!" spam.... i think...
MaxwellDemon
And add a lot of anonymous/random invites. :lol:
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saturos
I can only imagine all the invite spam I'd get.
Ekaru
I'd like this on two conditions:

1. You could only get invites while idle, or checking out the MP room (no invites while in the middle of a beatmap, because that would mess me up, same while editing, or paused, ect.).

2. You could turn invites off, so if you aren't in the mood to MP, you wouldn't have to deal with invites. That way, certain people could actually enjoy themselves without getting a bunch of invites every five seconds from sfg! :O

Aside from that, MP room invites would be okay (with the two things above, of course), and the old fashioned password would work for private rooms.
Olinad
What about just being able to invite your own friends? That feature would become useful tihs way!
Saturos

Olinad wrote:

What about just being able to invite your own friends? That feature would become useful tihs way!
An ingame friend list needs to be added first for this to happen, which is low priority.
Topic Starter
ash

Ekaru wrote:

I'd like this on two conditions:

1. You could only get invites while idle, or checking out the MP room (no invites while in the middle of a beatmap, because that would mess me up, same while editing, or paused, ect.).
well, during editing wouldn't be as bad as during playing, but this is generally a good idea

Ekaru wrote:

2. You could turn invites off, so if you aren't in the mood to MP, you wouldn't have to deal with invites. That way, certain people could actually enjoy themselves without getting a bunch of invites every five seconds from sfg! :O
audition has this too i think; we would need it for invite spam to be properly avoided

Ekaru wrote:

Aside from that, MP room invites would be okay (with the two things above, of course), and the old fashioned password would work for private rooms.
^
James
or invites would only work at people in multiplayer. outside multiplayer channel is meh.

You could turn invites off
another toggle-the-added-feature-off ^^