forum

[Album] Foster the People - Torches

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dkun

Foster the People is an indie pop band out of Los Angeles, California. It's a three man group, with Torches being their biggest album yet. They're most known for "Pumped Up Kicks", which reached #1 Billboard's Alternative Songs chart.

I'm starting this project mainly for my love of Foster the People, and would love to see other mapping styles incorporated with their songs!
Please have at least two ranked maps before claiming a song. And please do try to get your map ranked.
Claims expire in two weeks if not uploaded. Graved maps also lose claim.

Helena Beat - claimed by foulcoon
Pumped Up Kicks - claimed by NotShinta
Call It What You Want - Pending by dkun
Don't Stop (Color on the Walls) - Ranked by MoodyRPG
Waste - claimed by RandomJibberish
I Would Do Anything for You - Ranked by dkun
Houdini - WIP by Xgor
Life on the Nickel -
Miss You - claimed by EEeee
Warrant -

on a little side note: MMzz is offering taikos for any of the FtP maps. i'll offer a guest if needed as well!
Xgor
Claim Houdini.
NotShinta
While you're doing this and Houdini is taken, I shall attempt to map Pumped Up Kicks, then. Person.
RandomJibberish
I wholeheartedly endorse this project and hereby claim Waste.

Please don't kill my claim after two weeks - my maps each take around least two months to make because I'm super OCD over them but I will get it done eventually.
MoodyRPG
Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)
Topic Starter
dkun
I'm liking how much is already claimed here!

@RJ sure, that's no problem. :P
MMzz
<3
mm201
I already have a WIP of Call It What You Want I have every intention of finishing cleaning up.
EEeee
Put Me down for "MISS YOU"
ANd sorry for submitting that "PUmped Up KicKs" I had it in the works for a long time u_u, u know, b4 foster the People became mainstream~
MoodyRPG
BUMP !
Don't Stop (Color On The Walls) is Ranked !
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/38420
Topic Starter
dkun
Congrats on MoodyRPG's rank with Don't Stop.
A step closer to completion. :)
Doodley
Yo! Is it okay if I snatch Houdini from Xgor? He hasn't updated since November and it's in the Graveyard and I really wanna make it and I have a storyboard in a mind in ewuuhhhhh.

So can I claim it from him? I can't submit it until my currently Pending map gets ranked (which is very soon) but I guarantee it won't take long because I fucking love this song oh my god

edit: I also claim using the album art as a background because I'm going to use the characters on it in my storyboard :V
Xgor
If you really want it, then sure. I planned to resurrect it but ehh I have other maps that I want to do more.
I'll probably claim it back if yours get graveyarded though ;)
Doodley
yesssss
I was so happy to see this project but all the best songs on the album were taken. Houdini is easily the most mappable in the entire album.
I probably would have taken Waste had it not already been claimed, though.
edit: also, i don't have two maps ranked, but please just play this map and think about again
MoodyRPG

Xgor wrote:

If you really want it, then sure. I planned to resurrect it but ehh I have other maps that I want to do more.
I'll probably claim it back if yours get graveyarded though ;)
Go Xgor,GO !
RandomJibberish
Since I lost my Waste WIP, anyone is welcome to claim it off me. I will end up mapping it if nobody else does, though :P
NotShinta

RandomJibberish wrote:

Since I lost my Waste WIP, anyone is welcome to claim it off me. I will end up mapping it if nobody else does, though :P
Why, that's such a... waste. yeaaah and all that

Anyway, yes. I probably won't finish Pumped Up Kicks so if anybody wants that they can 'ave it. Maybe I'll pick it up later again, who knows.
Doodley
man i'll just map the whole album if you guys don't wanna do it
karma_komodo
This proyect looks somehow forgotten... Anyone else wanting to help?
mm201
I'll get Call It What You Want ranked whenever I revive my graveyard.