forum

Nintendo - Tetris Theme A

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheConan_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Samstag, 12. November 2011 at 13:47:49

Artist: Nintendo
Title: Tetris Theme A
Source: Nintendo, Tetris
Tags: Nintendo, Tetris, Theme A
BPM: 149,39
Filesize: 1262kb
Play Time: 01:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,06 stars, 67 notes)
  2. Hard (2,62 stars, 101 notes)
  3. Insane (4,36 stars, 148 notes)
  4. Normal (2,62 stars, 105 notes)
Download: Nintendo - Tetris Theme A
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first map.... Sorry... i know it is bad....
Edit: Larger Circle's, Slower Approach, more HP, more sliders
Edit 2: Normal Diff
Edit 3: Hard Diff
Edit 4: Not finished Insane Diff.... Damned timing >.<
Edit 5: Easier Easy Diff
Edit 6: Some changes in the Normal Diff
Edit 7: Some changes in the Difficult of Insane
Edit 8: Sliders in the Insane Diff, re-placed notes in the Insane Diff
Edit 9: Backround
Edit 10: Thanks to Soulix for help with the Timing~
Edit 11: Much changes! In Easy, Normal and Hard. And one fix in Insane
Edit 12: I was bored so i create a CTB diff...
Edit 13: Some changes in Easy,Normal,Hard and Insane - Thanks to Danzai for the Mod <3
Edit 14: Thanks to ztrot for the help with the timing
Edit 15: Replaced notes

I hope you enjoy with the good old Tetris Theme
Gipphe
The timing seems perfect to me, so I'll just go right ahead at the individual difficulties:

Easy:
  1. Although it feels a bit more like a Normal, I see little need for improvement here. Some of the notes at the beginning, especially the blue at 11:761 and 12:162, should be closer to their previous circles.
  2. The opposite applies to the two orange circles at 25:818 and 26:621; they need to be spaced a little further apart, something along the lines of the spacing you see between the two first of the green circles following right behind starting at 27:425. The 3rd, at 29:031, is a tad too close to the 2nd.
  3. The triplet you have beginning at 53:932 is an intriguing concept for an [Easy] difficulty, but I personally think it fits.
  4. Like cases with the slider starting at 58:350, be cautious with starting sliders or placing circles right after or right before a beat. People will automatically assume it follows the beat, and, in this case, hit the slider too early, since it's placed 1/2th of a beat too late. I advise you to either make the preceding circle and the slider one big slider, or moving the slider 1/2th of a beat earlier, although that may make the song a bit too hard for being an [Easy].
  5. The spacing between the 1-combo circles starting at 1:04:375 is acceptable. They are distinctly different from each other in color, making it easier to separate them from each other and see that they do not follow the proposed rhythm they would have at that spacing.
  6. ---------------
  7. Overall, I believe the [Easy] could do with 1 size larger circles and a decrease in approach time. After all, it's supposed to be [Easy] :P
Normal:
  1. The first slider at 07:343 is way too close to its preceding circle, making it too easy to hit the slider too early.
  2. The 3rd circle in the first combo, following the aforementioned slider, is also a little too far away from its succeeding circle. Try moving it down a little, about the same distance you see between the 4th and 5th in the same combo, or along the height of the 7th should do the trick.
  3. That 5th red circle at 53:129 at the bend right there is spaced too far apart from both it's preceding 4th and succeeding 6th. Halve its distance to both of them, and see what it's like.
  4. The red combo starting at 16:982 is neat, but the 4th is too far away from its preceding 3rd. Switch places between the 4th and the 5th of that combo, and it should be more [Normal].
  5. The orange combo starting at 19:392's 1st circle is too close to the earlier red combo's 5th. The same applies to the 2nd, which is too close to the 1st.
  6. I'll let the green combo at 21:802 slide, since it seems to fit neatly.
  7. Make the 2nd circle of the combo starting at 35:457 a new combo. Either that, or you need to move the 2nd, 3rd and 4th of that combo further away from the 1st.
  8. Place the 6th circle at 37:867 of that blue combo on the 5th one, making a stack. It might fit better, since it's a long tone in the song.
  9. The green combo starting at 45:096's 1st circle is too close to the 2nd. I advise you move the 2nd, 3rd and 4th further down.
  10. The red combo starting at 51:523's 5th circle, which is at 53:129, is too far apart from the 4th and 6th, just like in the easy. Halve its distance from the preceding and succeeding circles.
  11. The orange circle at 1:12:508 is off-beat by 1/4th. I think you just simply missed while placing it.
  12. ---------------
  13. The normal could need a slight increase on approach speed. Currently, it is actually slower than even the [Easy]. If you make the [Easy] this slow, and the [Normal] as fast as the [Easy] is now, you're set!
Hard:
  1. I really love what you have done to the [Hard]! It's near-perfect!
  2. I see one obvious spacing issue here though: the circle at 57:145 is too far from its preceding slider. Although this is a [Hard] map, that one is more in the lines of [Insane], in my opinion.
  3. ---------------
  4. I see no other issues with the [Hard]. The approach speed is good and circle size is as it should be. The spacing is haphazard at appropriate times, and the timing is perfect. Good going!
That concludes my in-depth analysis. If you have any questions, just let 'em out here.
Other than this, you need to add a background image for any mods to take an interest in this. It is highly advised nonetheless, since staring at a slightly blue, plain background like the default one is kinda boring... Also, with a background, people'll easier know what kind of song this is ^^

But remember though: my words aren't golden, so if someone objects and states otherwise from what I have said, consider both an option and try to figure out which you think suits the map best.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
TheConan_old
Thanks for the information. I hope i can make it better. But, die Circle's in the Easy Diff... when i put them near to the before them, that are not in the timing.The circle size is the largest now. Please rate my Insane Diff.... I think it's very bad.
Gipphe
They go out of timing when you move them? I think I mis-interpreted that... If they don't seem to fit anywhere else, try disabling grid-snapping.

There's a difference between spacing and timing, y'know:
Timing is the circles', sliders' and spinners' position in time, as well as being the general BPM of the song.
Spacing is the location on-screen for the circles sliders and spinners.

If you've got the timing off, it's very unlikely that your map will become approved. The spacing, on the other hand, is often used as a measure to make the map harder on difficulties above [Normal].

Your [Insane] difficulty here:
  1. You've got the core down; I'm not able to complete it, so I had to make auto play it for me (this is a good sign, since if even I can do it, it's not [Insane] enough :P)
  2. I would like to see more sliders there though. Sliders are considered the hardest object to hit in osu!, because of how variable they can be. I suggest peeking at other maps with [Insane] difficulties to see how sliders can be implemented.
  3. The same applies to spinners. Spinners are perfect for ruining someone's timing, and force them to reposition their mouse. A short spinner often leaves the player a bit disoriented as to exactly where their mouse is at. These spinners are less than 4 seconds long, most of the time (according to my own personal experience), and require the player to have total control of their mouse while spinning. They're perfect for [Insane] diffs! :D
  4. ----------------
  5. It's still not done yet, so I won't poke on the shortness or abrupt ending yet. Keep at it! :)
Some maps you could look at are Beautiful Day - Kan Kan (Riverdance HD) (a slightly easy [Insane]) and Masayoshi Minoshima ft. nomico - Bad Apple!! (it's got some really insane [Insane] diffs xD).

The circle size of [Easy] is now good.
Topic Starter
TheConan_old
I know that i need more sliders, and some spinners. This is just the first version of the insane. Thanks for the feedback and the tip with the songs.
Danzai_old
I take it this is your first beatmap. It still needs some work. Like proper timing and resnapping..

The IRC mod we did can you find here

>> http://puu.sh/8ava <<