forum

osuex - A Linux Extraction Tool For osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zippityzop
Hey everybody, I don't know if this is a problem for other Linux users, but I never was able to do the click to install for beatmaps/skins. I was stuck downloading them as zips and extracting them into the super deep PlayOnLinux directory and that would piss people off in multiplayer rooms.

I was bored and made a command line tool for Linux users called osuex (works super easily for PlayOnLinux users). Basically if you download a map/skin or a bunch of them, it'll mass extract them all and move them to the correct directory.

For installation all you have to do is
pip install osuex
as root or install from source by cloning the repo at https://github.com/jacobzipper/osuex by running
python setup.py install
as root.

Once installed (if you are using PlayOnLinux), all you need to do is navigate to where you downloaded your osu files and run
osuex

If you run
osuex --help
you can get more info if just running the script doesn't work for you. The help will show you how to set the directory where the osu files are and how to set the extraction directories for maps and skins.

If anybody wants to contribute or finds an issue, PM me or post an issue on github. Also, this is my first post, so sorry if I'm not following standard etiquette or posting in the wrong area.
marshallracer
Never had this issue when I was running on linux (which admittedly has been quite a while) but this sounds really interesting, need to try it out soonish