Xinnoh
on mobile cant timestamp, sliders are wrong at the end of normal and hard
kudosu my previous mod
Topic Starter
pkhg
blame bonsai
Xinnoh
gosh darn you bonsai

actually hold on a sec, bonsai said ok but changed his mind after i posted since someone didn't agree with timing.
We will get clarification on that in a bit
Bonsai
Ok so there are a few knowledged people who disagree with me and think your original timing was more correct, and someone who plays Taiko-converts said that the original one worked better bc of SVs and Nightcore-cymbalcrashes, so the conclusion is that you can do whatever you want, feel free to use your original timing, or feel free to keep this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sorry for kinda "rushing" it I guess, I was just very confident in this and thought "better pop it before it's qualified", my bad ^^;
Zhuriel
hi there, dsco asked me to provide my opinion on the timing for this so here i am

while i can see the argument for both constant subdivisions of 3 and alternating 3×2 and 2×3 subdivisions in this case, i strongly disagree with the alternating timing implementation, seeing as it is
  1. not necessary as it can reasonably be considered a regular subdivision with syncopation
  2. not even really representing a 12/8 at all but alternating 6/8 and 3/4 which noone in their right mind would write
  3. unnecessarily creates a tempo reading on the song select screen that suggests tempo changes where there are none
  4. would set a really bad precedent for music that features meters with non-constant subdivision, such as my paper moon map which would require at least 3 redlines per measure despite being fully quantized (where one is already a pain to work with) while causing additional problems due to the presence of triplet rhythms in 3-subdivided parts
going to these lengths to accurately represent something that the timing system was never designed to accurately represent is, in my opinion, unnecessary effort and more likely to be counterproductive in accurately representing music.
Bonsai
dsco y u still doin dis aaa

Sure it's not necessary, but also there's nothing wrong with it, just more effort, that's why I also said that pkhg is free to just use 191bpm all the way too (or 127 now lol). What this is doing though is accurately representing (what I thought was) the grouping of the eighth-notes, because that's exactly what makes /8-divisions special - They aren't always grouped into 2s anymore but also into 3s. Adjusting the timing to that makes the two things that are actually affected by timing (Nightcore and the pulsating osu!logo) much more accurate. "Alternating 6/8 and 3/4" is exactly what's (I thought was) happening here - Half of the measure is divided into 2+2+2, the other half 3+3. That's what this timing would represent, instead of going 3s or 2s all the way.

But heyho, we'll release a draft soon™ and we all will be able to discuss this in the place where it belongs :P

fun fact: I did try that on Paper Moon lol
Topic Starter
pkhg
uh
back to 127 i guess 👀
Xinnoh
(It's a word meaning heavy rain.)
rebub for timing change again
pimp
glad it's back to only two timelines :)
Izzywing
remove kyogre.wav
Topic Starter
pkhg
lmao
Izzywing
Hazu-

Milan- wrote:

groudon > tbh
Shurelia
can i join you guys pokemon group?

my inner pokemaniac soul just got awaken recently
Topic Starter
pkhg
hi shurelia
Shurelia
hi pk
Xinnoh
what's a marshadow?
Topic Starter
pkhg
7gen
Lanturn
You FORGOT the japanese name of emerald in the tags. unrank this crap.

hi.

grats.

Ooame literally means BIG RAIN.

<3
Topic Starter
pkhg
o shit my bad
gonna fix that on BIG SUN