forum

Erehamonika remixed by kors k - Der Wald (kors k Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ScubDomino
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 20 September 2017 at 17:14:35

Artist: Erehamonika remixed by kors k
Title: Der Wald (kors k Remix)
Source: pop'n music 20 fantasia
Tags: dark choir opera german remix
BPM: 170
Filesize: 6066kb
Play Time: 01:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Darkness (6,21 stars, 521 notes)
  2. Normal (1,77 stars, 158 notes)
Download: Erehamonika remixed by kors k - Der Wald (kors k Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
accepting gds and mods
to be ranked?
first map to go for rank indeed.

I can smell the controversial slider velocities comments from here already.
edit: I can smell even more controversial slider velocities comments from here now.\

normal - done
hard - still available for gd request
insane - booked by milr
extra - booked by maxylan
darkness - done

Thanks 1E308 for testplaying <3
Damn Man
art
Maxylan
Yo' I've got to say, this beatmap surprised the shit out of me o.o
This is a little mini-mod to help you raise the quality before I do a GD on it, just wanted to say, compared to the first map I tried to rank, this has got some serious pep in it's step. Slider shapes are good looking and objects are relatively well placed. Let me explain.

Since you're using such high slider velocity, you need to re-evaluate the flow and general structure of this map some more =p It's got great visuals but it feels kinda iffy to play with angles like:
00:23:486 (1,2) - 00:24:015 (3,4,5) - Once again, it looks good, but when you're doing a high-speed map with intuitive slider shapes you need to think about flow a lot more, which way to move your cursor and in contrast movement in general. Quick maps are by their nature hard to read because you need to constantly be on your toes to check where the next object is, so having objects where players would naturally move their cursor adds a good layer of responsiveness to the map. I get that they add difficulty, but at the same time it needs to feel good to play so it doesn't become "Map vs Player" if you catch my drift ^^

Those were just a few examples but you can see angles and weird shapes leading into one another everywhere really, so if you re-structure this hit me up with a message because you are definitely a really good mapper capable of creating maps with outstanding quality!
aru-
First of all really nice map!

Darkness:

• 00:35:486 (3) - Not quite according to the background sounds
    00:43:956 (1,2) - low spaced streams into quite high slider velocity slider meh, would probably lower it a little
    01:08:662 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - i would have this look kinda like this (overlaps kinda fit in that section of the song in my opinion c:):
    01:43:956 (1,2,3,4) - this slider placement looks kinda chaotic to me qwq
    01:51:015 (1,1,1,1) - Why the change in velocity? the music isnt even changing
    01:58:427 (1,2) - no need for a pattern change, u can do it tho
Thats all i could find(feelsBadMan), im really looking forward to this map getting ranked somedays its hella fun :D
Topic Starter
ScubDomino

Maxylan wrote:

Yo' I've got to say, this beatmap surprised the shit out of me o.o
This is a little mini-mod to help you raise the quality before I do a GD on it, just wanted to say, compared to the first map I tried to rank, this has got some serious pep in it's step. Slider shapes are good looking and objects are relatively well placed. Let me explain.

Since you're using such high slider velocity, you need to re-evaluate the flow and general structure of this map some more =p It's got great visuals but it feels kinda iffy to play with angles like:
00:23:486 (1,2) - 00:24:015 (3,4,5) - Once again, it looks good, but when you're doing a high-speed map with intuitive slider shapes you need to think about flow a lot more, which way to move your cursor and in contrast movement in general. Quick maps are by their nature hard to read because you need to constantly be on your toes to check where the next object is, so having objects where players would naturally move their cursor adds a good layer of responsiveness to the map. I get that they add difficulty, but at the same time it needs to feel good to play so it doesn't become "Map vs Player" if you catch my drift ^^ I've fixed the slider's anchors that they give a clue for the players where the next hitcircle is, if that's what you're trying to say. (FIXED)

Those were just a few examples but you can see angles and weird shapes leading into one another everywhere really, so if you re-structure this hit me up with a message because you are definitely a really good mapper capable of creating maps with outstanding quality! Thank you! :D I'm glad my map feels decent!
Thank you very for the mod (the very first mod I received), Maxy!

Shifu Touka wrote:

First of all really nice map!

Darkness:

• 00:35:486 (3) - Not quite according to the background sounds I think making (2) a 1/4th slider and adding a circle before (3) would just ruin both rotational symmetry and intuition,
    since there's also a 2nd slider set designed in triangular form. This is why I resorted to mapping the percussions instead (REJECTED)

00:43:956 (1,2) - low spaced streams into quite high slider velocity slider meh, would probably lower it a little Added spacing to the stream since more sliders are designed this way in the section after the spinner. I forgot to fix this :p (FIXED)
    01:08:662 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - i would have this look kinda like this (overlaps kinda fit in that section of the song in my opinion c:):
    I don't know about this, I think it's not that much of a difference. In fact, I think placing the sliders and circles like that would just screw up readability (REJECTED)
    01:43:956 (1,2,3,4) - this slider placement looks kinda chaotic to me qwq Fair enough /shrug (FIXED)
    01:51:015 (1,1,1,1) - Why the change in velocity? the music isnt even changing My bad (FIXED)
    01:58:427 (1,2) - no need for a pattern change, u can do it tho The slider end is mapped to a bass kick. You can hear it in the music. I dunno about the first one though, I'll fix it later.
    (REJEC-uh...maybe fixed)
Thats all i could find(feelsBadMan), im really looking forward to this map getting ranked somedays its hella fun :DThank you! :D
Thank you for the mod, Shifu! I'll mod your map once I'm done with college!

edit: formatting issues
Winnie
Hello from Modding Queue. As of yet, you don't qualify for a mod because of posts and it's an incomplete set. Put I'll waiver the posts and wait for the set to be done. Call me back then and I'll mod for you. What I can tell you and this doesn't come out fairly often, but you have potential to grow extremely far. As a beginner and a new mapper, I can see an exponential growth in you. Start learning, hop on over to the Mentorship program to grab a few information about mapping. Trust me when I say the harder and more dedicated your work ethic is you will become better than 90% of the mappers on osu! in a heartbeat. Trust me and prove me right.
Topic Starter
ScubDomino

Kocari wrote:

Hello from Modding Queue. As of yet, you don't qualify for a mod because of posts and it's an incomplete set. Put I'll waiver the posts and wait for the set to be done. Call me back then and I'll mod for you. What I can tell you and this doesn't come out fairly often, but you have potential to grow extremely far. As a beginner and a new mapper, I can see an exponential growth in you. Start learning, hop on over to the Mentorship program to grab a few information about mapping. Trust me when I say the harder and more dedicated your work ethic is you will become better than 90% of the mappers on osu! in a heartbeat. Trust me and prove me right.
Thank you! :D
Can't say anything about the mentorship program as I've been rejected from it twice in a row, so I just kinda learned mapping myself. Glad you liked it though!

The set will be done in a week or two.
Nakagawa-Kanon
from modding queue
i will mod your map when you make full set
if you complete, plz contact me again~
Topic Starter
ScubDomino

Nakagawa-Kanon wrote:

from modding queue
i will mod your map when you make full set
if you complete, plz contact me again~
I will. Thank you!
Mayuzumi Sayaka
Even tho the map isn't that qualified for a mod, here we go
Darkness
General: Too many useless NCs in my opinion.
00:20:662 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Song's volume goes silent every NC, less distance after every NC would fit the song.
00:32:662 (1,1) - Why triples and NC
00:40:427 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Song volume rises, and so should the spacing every NC.
00:42:192 (1,2,1,2,1) - Here it goes down again, by a bit, less spacing than before, but a bit.
00:43:956 (1,2) - me crying about triples again because i never liked them and i feel like they ruin flow.
00:47:486 (5,6,7) - ok, im going to stop pointing this :d
00:48:545 (1) - ugly overlap with 00:47:839 (6)
01:11:133 (2,3,1,1) - ruins flow, really, you could map to the background like 01:13:603 (1,1) - you did with these 2
01:26:662 (1,2,3,4) - just a tip on these, maybe make them zig zag with little spacing between them like01:56:309 (1) - could become circles, and change that goddamn green like from 5% to 66% if it becomes 2 circles.
01:58:427 (1) - same thing
01:58:780 (2) - could be a half beat slider
Topic Starter
ScubDomino

Mayuzumi Sayaka wrote:

Even tho the map isn't that qualified for a mod, here we go
Darkness
General: Too many useless NCs in my opinion.
00:20:662 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Song's volume goes silent every NC, less distance after every NC would fit the song. well, that's already less slider vel,
so... (REJECTED)

00:32:662 (1,1) - Why triples and NC makes patterns less crowded. Every sliders designed this way follows this NC pattern as well (REJECTED)
00:40:427 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Song volume rises, and so should the spacing every NC. the song did get more intense, but it isn't enough for me to increase the spacing. (REJECTED)
00:42:192 (1,2,1,2,1) - Here it goes down again, by a bit, less spacing than before, but a bit. ^
00:43:956 (1,2) - me crying about triples again because i never liked them and i feel like they ruin flow. complaining about map concept? (also they don't contradict other sliders movement wise)
(REJECTED)

00:47:486 (5,6,7) - ok, im going to stop pointing this :d
00:48:545 (1) - ugly overlap with 00:47:839 (6) a bit subtle but I see where you're coming from (FIXED)
01:11:133 (2,3,1,1) - ruins flow, really, you could map to the background like 01:13:603 (1,1) - you did with these 2 I don't think it's necessary since the end of the sliders showed where to click next. Also that little anchor supports early leniency for sliders. (REJECTED)
01:26:662 (1,2,3,4) - just a tip on these, maybe make them zig zag with little spacing between them like movement with zigzags would contradict how the song sounds, which is of 4 synthbuzzes that sound the same, pans the same and have similar note velocity. A zigzag pattern would indicate that these buzzes sound and play differently. (REJECTED)
01:56:309 (1) - could become circles, and change that goddamn green like from 5% to 66% if it becomes 2 circles. the circle would imply that it represents a strong sound, as with other triplets in the ending. As those other triplets sound like (x, x, x, -), this one sounds like (x, -, x, -), thus I think it's appropriate to have a sliderend represent the sound (REJECTED)
01:58:427 (1) - same thing same thing
01:58:780 (2) - could be a half beat slider I mean, it ends on a strong percussion sound. Having a slider would destroy the strength of the beat.(REJECTED)

Thank you for the mod!
milr_
thunking
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.