posted
Total Posts
show more
Randy96
there's no maximum card limit to begin with
Nekoroll

Randy96 wrote:

there's no maximum card limit to begin with
This. I always played 40 though because it's just easier and faster for me to make a deck that is at least halfway decent and consistent.

Then again, I have quite possibly some of the worst drawing luck ever. Flood myself with land or never draw a single land (I'm not joking ;____;). I always got other people to shuffle my decks for me since apparently if I even touch mine, all my land will go wherever it pleases.
Shiro
All of my decks have 64 cards. \o/
Lybydose
If your card count isn't

40 - draft/sealed
60 - constructed anything
100 - EDH
220 or higher - Battle of Wits

you're doing it wrong
Randy96
laboratory maniac
AzureKikinak
Green aggro FTW ^_^
Back in high school my friends would play during lunch which kept us sane.

Only been in two state tournaments and one regionals
Lybydose

Randy96 wrote:

laboratory maniac
still 60
Topic Starter
Soaprman
Running more than the minimum seems cool at first, but with each card you add, it makes it less likely that you'll draw the key cards you need.
Randy96

Lybydose wrote:

Randy96 wrote:

laboratory maniac
still 60
oh I wasn't responding to your statement lol
Topic Starter
Soaprman

Randy96 wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

"laboratory maniac"

still 60
oh I wasn't responding to your statement lol
still 60

SPOILER
You may embed only 2 quotes within each other.
Randy96
I meant, I was just saying laboratory maniac randomly

as a standalone statement
Lybydose
still 60 though
Randy96
._.
AzureKikinak

Lybydose wrote:

If your card count isn't

40 - draft/sealed
60 - constructed anything
100 - EDH
220 or higher - Battle of Wits

you're doing it wrong
He is right (4 Battle of wits IDK)

61 - one card too many

For control a lot of people might have up to 62, but for aggro its 60
Drakari_old
Well I may have too many cards, but that's because I specifically constructed it so I never need any of them more than any other.
Soly
akrolsmir
This thread returns (with a +1/+1 counter!)

Did anyone else attend the DKA prerelease? I went 2-1-1, drawing the last match for 2 packs, which was pretty good considering I opened basically the worst pool ever, with rares like Rooftop Storm, Parallel Lives, Witchbane Orb, Curse of Echoes, Increasing Vengeance and Geralf's Messanger, none of which made my 40.
Lybydose
Yeah I did. My pool kinda sucked, but still won 2 packs in the end. I had black Mikaeus and Curse of Death's Hold, both of which would seem good in limited, but I never drew Mikaeus and the curse just ended up killing my opponent's undying stuff for him. Played an 8 man draft after that I didn't originally plan on, but someone was willing to pay my entry fee in exchange for some cards he wanted. Ended up winning the first two matches and then drawing the last match for the packs.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
My pool was pretty strange. I had two Falkenrath Marauders and a Moonveil Dragon... then a bunch of 1/1 creatures and utility cards. My deck ended up being some kind of blue/red control with lots of card draw and blue disabling effects. The deck ran pretty well and the games were fun. Probably would have enjoyed the event even more had I slept the previous night. :P

I opened an Archangel's Light. MYTHIC LIFEGAIN SPELLS FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!

One guy opened both Sorin and Snapcaster and tons of good cards to make a great B/W token deck (even an on-color dual land) but he blew it because he's not exactly the best deckbuilder or player in town. :(
ychao
Is this thread still alive?

I'm rather new, I play (or played, rather) both the physical version and MTGO, started during Zendikar but stopped since end of last year. May be looking to get back into the game again if time permits.
Hiza-chan
I used to play Magic with my boyfriend and his brother but we stopped playing due to the fact that there was no one playing anymore. I bought it for Steam, played it for a day or two and then stopped. I enjoy the game but it can be frustrating XD.
ychao
Yeah I have Steam's DotP 2012 (which was what initially got me into MTG) as well but I have since moved to MTGO looking for a more complete library/deck customization features.
Topic Starter
Soaprman
I actually haven't tried the DotP titles but I've heard they're nice as an entry point to the game. Nothing beats building your own decks from scratch, though. Endless possibilities exist for wacky decks.

Currently working on a Heartless Summoning build to play tomorrow night. Trying to find the right balance between "silly combo deck" and "this is what I think of your humans/vampires/tokens" because there are so many small creature decks running around.
Tanaka
Anyone else pumped about magic 2014 coming out tomorrow?
Topic Starter
Soaprman
I've never actually played a Duels of the Planeswalkers game. I bought the first one when it came out but it wouldn't run on the computer I had at the time and eventually I gave up trying to get it to work. Never remembered to get the Nissa promo for it, either. Oh well! Might give 2014 a spin if I can get through my backlog of other games I'm playing. Kind of want that promo Scavenger Ooze, too.

I posted a thread about Magic long ago. DotP got mentioned in there a few times. Maybe it's worth reviving sometime? Who knows... p/1050697/
deadbeat
here's hoping there are better decks. some of the decks in M13 were a bit of a let down :<
also maybe someone could merge this thread with the one Soaprman linked? oh hey i can do that myself now /o/