forum

IMO osu! tutorial should be updated

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CainKing
When I first started out playing, for the first month or so, I thought clicking was the only option. The way I found out about Z and X was through a friend who laughed at me when he saw me playing. When you first start out, the only real ways to figure out are to have somebody tell you, look it up, or make a guess that there are more than 2 trigger keys through a replay. I also feel that it should go over some of the basic terminology, like streams and jumps. Thanks!
7ambda
Nobody has made the effort to do so.
Luqanted
peppy
You should update it for us
Nitrous

peppy wrote:

You should update it for us
Wait can we?
Lyawi
I thought about to make one but I just can't do a storyboard
Nitrous
We can actually gather people who can storyboard. I also had the thought of making a new tutorial. I'm not sure but if we can greenlight this to peppy, we can push a new tutorial to replace the old one.
Marcin
I'm pretty sure in the past there was initiative to create new tutorial but it failed.
Nitrous
I certainly agree that the tutorial today lacks info we need to know and it only supports 1 mode. Its possible that the community can make a new tutorial and let peppy probably greenlight it to replace the old one.
peppy
Honestly, if you make a good replacement tutorial and it's professional enough, I'll not only use it but compensate you for your work.

If you need further specifics on it, jump on the development discord for further discussion (#osu-client should work fine).
Nitrous

peppy wrote:

Honestly, if you make a good replacement tutorial and it's professional enough, I'll not only use it but compensate you for your work.

If you need further specifics on it, jump on the development discord for further discussion (#osu-client should work fine).

I'll take on that word and be contacting you in a bit. I'd really love to help out on a new tutorial.