forum

Atlantica Online - Sikyon

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saturos
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
It didnt get wiped out?

Anyways, count me in. Although I may not play on a regular basis heh. I might convince some friends too.
Topic Starter
Saturos
The closed beta did end up wiping despite misleading info, so we'll all be starting fresh on the 24th. D:
Loginer
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
James
lol i always thought the website is fishy. and it is.

at least you know what to do now~
SoupNBread
Topic Starter
Saturos

SoupNBread wrote:

I might give it a go on the 24th.
Fixed.
James
Oh yeah, any torrent site for the client?
My net is slow I don't think i can download a file that huge while I'm sleeping...
And I'm not so sure about the sites whenever I google for one.
Topic Starter
Saturos
James
Thank you, kind sir.
Topic Starter
Saturos
Posting this so I don't forget what I'm planning to do with my mercs again.

Level 30:

Sword - Spear - Sword
Axe(M)- Empty - Spear
Monk - Empty - Shaman

Level 45:

Sword - Beast - Sword
Axe (M)- Viking - Spear
Monk - Empty - Shaman

Level 53:

Sword - Beast - Sword
Spear - Witch - Spear
Monk - Axe (M) - Shaman

Level 60:

Sword - Beast - Sword
Viking - Witch - Exo
Monk - Axe (M) - Shaman

Level 70:

Sword - Beast - Sword
Prophet- Witch - Exo
Monk - Axe (M) - Shaman

Level 80:

Sword - Beast - Sword
Prophet- Witch - Exo
Monk - Axe (M)- Oracle

Level 100+:

Spartan - Sword/Beast - Lady K.
Prophet- Witch - Exo
Monk - Axe(M) - Oracle

Yes, I plan on primarily using monks for healing. Abusing both passives while having speed cast for awakening + holy guard is just too beneficial for PVP for me to pass up. If it becomes a problem in PVE, I'll level a shaman in its place later. I've decided against having any sort of ranged classes for several reasons, mostly PVP related. Axe main for guard dispel and, to a lesser degree, freezing axe incase I need it. This way, I won't ever have a need for a shitty Viking in my line up to die in 2 turns. May switch in a second Monk for my 100+ builds, as well. I'll have to wait until later to find out if my 100+ builds are too weak offensively, but I fear it may be. But hey, playing defensively is just my thing~

EDIT 9/29/08: Updated my build choices, along with a timeline of my merc switches. Remaining faithful to my melee+staff only build. Currently level 45, working on getting my Beast. 6-0 in Free League, as well. NOTE: My viking is mainly just a filler class everytime I hit a new milestone for how many mercs I can have; he will leave when I get my Witch & Beast. Although I do have an alternate 100+ build in mind that includes the Viking.

Download: EastNewSound - Hana wa Gensou no Hate Ni (Leorda) [a-change].osu
lukewarmholiday
Topic Starter
Saturos
5 1/2 gigs, iirc.
lukewarmholiday

Saturos wrote:

5 1/2 gigs, iirc.
how fast is the download speed, i could probably get that in a day easy unless its a shit low speed
Topic Starter
Saturos
They're making everyone redownload the client rather than patching it in, and the OB client isn't up yet. They will probably mirror it on 5-6 sites like the did before, so you should get your full download rate from somewhere, but it will probably be overrun by new users and CB users, so I can't say that with complete certainty.
lukewarmholiday

Saturos wrote:

They're making everyone redownload the client rather than patching it in, and the OB client isn't up yet. They will probably mirror it on 5-6 sites like the did before, so you should get your full download rate from somewhere, but it will probably be overrun by new users and CB users, so I can't say that with complete certainty.
k, i think ill be fine with the Direct download.

I wonder if I should throw caution to the wind like a normally do with MMOs then fix everything later or actually plan crap out on this one.
James
Topic Starter
Saturos
Actually, that client you have is no good now, James. They just decided to announce yesterday that you will need to download a completely new client for OB, which hasn't been posted yet. They will not be patching the CB client, which is what I gave you. D:

And if you want to talk pvp builds, I can suggest some if you like. Otherwise, just scan through the shit that gets posted on the official boards. In general, though; a Monk is a must. The other 8 are up to you for the most part.
James
ah okay, i guess ill delete the torrent data now~

something good are being posted in their official boards?
i never look into official boards on mmos ^^ because most of them suck

anyways /me goes to take a look

hope they release a torrent for this huge ass client -.-

EDIT: too lazy to read at the moment, just suggest some ^^
Topic Starter
Saturos
While I haven't downloaded this yet myself, and the file size being considerably smaller (only 2.3gigs), it has been confirmed that this is the legit OB client.

Direct downloads:

http://www.fileplanet.com/189045/180000 ... e---Client
http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/38912

Torrent:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C3XAMNQO
lukewarmholiday
What the hell are you guys playing as so i can be whatever your not playing as.
Also is any class just flat out gimp or weak atm? :)
Topic Starter
Saturos
You have up to 9 (including yourself) mercenaries you control, so it doesn't really matter what you choose. As far as what to choose for a main, though... stick to something that you plan to use in your strategy permanently, as you can't switch your main out. ;x

Popular choices for mains right now are Sword, Axe and Gun. Best Korean player atm plays a Staff, in case you care. The game comes down to skill much more-so than class choice, which is refreshing.

Oh, and I'll be running with an Axe.
lukewarmholiday
SoupNBread

Topic Starter
Saturos
I will likely not have time to hit 20 tonight, but I should hit it tomorrow no problem, which means I can create the guild tomorrow. Name suggestions would be good right about now. ;x
lukewarmholiday
I wanna plaaayy

lukewarmholiday
Thar be 2 servers now, which one are you on?

well i gtg now, when in doubt start a character on both
James
Duoprism
I got rid of the english voices. Oh god they annoy me to no end.

GREAT

ILL CUT YOU WITH ONE STROKE

A-HA

BWOAHJSKFBHASKJLDNHVLJNB
James
HOW!?!!?!?

anyways how to use those enchant stones (weapon/armor)
Topic Starter
Saturos
2 of the same level item and an enchant stone. Spirit Armor + Spirit Armor + Armor Enchant Stone = Spirit Armor +1 (or +2/+3 in very rare instances)

The amount of stones required goes up with each level of equipment, though. Combining +1's requires 2 stones, combining +2's requires 3 stones, etc.
James
yeah i kinda figured that out just now, so what servers you guys at
Topic Starter
Saturos
Sikyon.
lukewarmholiday
What are the reqs to be able to send whispers? I assume its at a certain level like most MMOs do to stop spam. Also, my name is Narcillis on both.

Download: Dark PHOENiX - The Magic Library BARUWA (Aakiha) [o_O].osu
Topic Starter
Saturos
DawnII
God it's going to take so much work getting my +7 Spirit Sword back. Lvl 15 atm.
James
lukewarmholiday

Saturos wrote:

There isn't a level req. ;x
so when are you able to wisper :(
Topic Starter
Saturos

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Saturos wrote:

There isn't a level req. ;x
so when are you able to wisper :(
The moment you login.

Reikin managed to whisper me the moment he got on, so can you! <3

James wrote:

whats the "safe upgrade" for weapon/armor?
so that i would know when i will start being an upgrade whore
There's no chance of failing with upgrades. Max is +10, which requires 1024 +0's, since upgrading is exponential.

James wrote:

do we need a crafter or something? does the crafter needs to be high level too?
Nah. And crafting skill is just based on how much you've crafted. You can theoretically max all crafting skills at level 1.

James wrote:

AND HOW TO TURN OFF THOSE BATTLE VOICES!!!!!!!!!!
Delete/replace the sound clips, I guess.

James wrote:

what about those skills? do i need to buy em all? 10k ea
Skills are a good thing to have. ;x

Commodity boxes also give you skill books, so open them~
lukewarmholiday
James
oh no chance of failing in upgrades? cool~

i already removed the voices but the battle voices are still there----
James
what about enhancements? higher the upgrade higher chance of failing? and what does it add when enchancing is successful?
Topic Starter
Saturos
James
okay. i guess im going to enchant my weapon once i got a backup weapon...

where to get those asura stuffs?
Topic Starter
Saturos
Found a relavent thread to the enhancement question. http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center ... =5&start=1

Asura equips come from the boss Asura in the Angkor Wat dungeon place thingy. Or you could just buy Asura boxes on the market, though they are probably overpriced like hell right now.
James
hmmm okay~

/me tries enchancing with a +5 bow

edit:nvm no ones selling
lukewarmholiday

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Also, my name is Narcillis Narcilis on both.
Topic Starter
Saturos
No wonder I could never catch you online yesterday, even though you managed to get quite a bit of leveling done.

/angryfist
James
okay so i tried "enchanting" in rome. same banana. you get +1 upgrade using enhanced stones. but without sacrificial item. +5 bow turned to +6. it should be doubled :(

and i just realized how fun is that league thingy in the colessium. i got 5-0 but i joined up late so it ended at 5 rounds =(
letter G FTW~
hunnykilla
I have a question before i play, what is this stamina system? I've read in the forum that some people quit because it ruined the game? Atlantica looks fun to play btw.
show more