forum

Reol - No title

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
QazseWsxdr
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, August 20, 2017 at 1:06:02 PM

Artist: Reol
Title: No title
BPM: 200
Filesize: 3237kb
Play Time: 01:19
Difficulties Available:
  1. cancer own diff (4.93 stars, 311 notes)
Download: Reol - No title
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Manu028
Hi from my modding queue!

[cancer own diff]

1. The playfield is used badly, practically the whole map is concentrated in the middle of the play area, while the peripherical parts of it are completely missing objects: one way to fix this is to remap the whole song trying to use the whole space, but do what you feel to do ^^ Your space usage | A full used playfield
  2. The map has a lot of sounds that are not mapped, won't mention them all, but i'll try to tell you some: 00:16:347 - 00:20:997 - 00:21:597 - 00:22:347 - 00:23:997 - (they're just some, try to find them all by yourself)
  3. What are you following? I sometimes see the vocal, and other times the back instruments. Have in mind that if in a certain section you're following an instrument, or vocal, you should continue till the end of that section, or it will result in a strange map with strange flow and people will be confused
  4. About spacing: it is fine i guess (?) but not that much, just remember that when you're going to make big jumps, you have to make a build up as well, to not break the flow.

really really sorry for the nazi mod, but I can see you are a new mapper and i wanted to help you with this. Hope it helped obviously ^^
    (gonna mod it more accurately when you fix those major things, maybe)

GOOD LUCK 8-)
Topic Starter
QazseWsxdr

Manu028 wrote:

[cancer own diff]

1. The playfield is used badly, practically the whole map is concentrated in the middle of the play area, while the peripherical parts of it are completely missing objects: one way to fix this is to remap the whole song trying to use the whole space, but do what you feel to do ^^ Your space usage | A full used playfield
  2. The map has a lot of sounds that are not mapped, won't mention them all, but i'll try to tell you some: 00:16:347 - 00:20:997 - 00:21:597 - 00:22:347 - 00:23:997 - (they're just some, try to find them all by yourself)
  3. What are you following? I sometimes see the vocal, and other times the back instruments. Have in mind that if in a certain section you're following an instrument, or vocal, you should continue till the end of that section, or it will result in a strange map with strange flow and people will be confused
  4. About spacing: it is fine i guess (?) but not that much, just remember that when you're going to make big jumps, you have to make a build up as well, to not break the flow.

really really sorry for the nazi mod, but I can see you are a new mapper and i wanted to help you with this. Hope it helped obviously ^^

GOOD LUCK 8-)

Thanks. About the usage of the playfield, I can agree, I guess that's just because I'm not used to mapping and I sometimes feel like the editor gets in my way even when it doesn't actually. If you know how to make it bigger / spaced out more, please do tell me!

I find it pretty clear what I'm following. Although it does alternate between layers of the song often, it catches all the important sounds. For example, 00:16:347 isn't mapped because it was following the vocals. I just seem to map what I hear.

Unfortunately there is little opportunity for build ups, most sounds appear suddenly. Is there any way to keep sections like 00:14:397 - 00:16:197 ?

Thanks again
posting.php?mode=quote&f=10&p=6205445#
Manu028

QazseWsxdr wrote:

Manu028 wrote:

[cancer own diff]

GOOD LUCK 8-)

Thanks. About the usage of the playfield, I can agree, I guess that's just because I'm not used to mapping and I sometimes feel like the editor gets in my way even when it doesn't actually. If you know how to make it bigger / spaced out more, please do tell me! The Thing you have to keep in mind is that you don't have to feel limited by the editor, and don't be scared of placing circles in the outer border of it.

I find it pretty clear what I'm following. Although it does alternate between layers of the song often, it catches all the important sounds. For example, 00:16:347 isn't mapped because it was following the vocals. I just seem to map what I hear. Can't reply to this, it's your choice.

Unfortunately there is little opportunity for build ups, most sounds appear suddenly. Is there any way to keep sections like 00:14:397 - 00:16:197 ? OFC there is. Maybe you can try making 00:14:397 (1,2,3,4) - these with less spacing, then grow up them 00:14:997 (1,2,3,4) - here and then leave it as it is now here 00:15:597 (1,2,3,4) -

Thanks again You're welcome! :D
posting.php?mode=quote&f=10&p=6205445#
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.