forum

Returning after a hiatus....

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stagione
...and I find myself doing horrible, almost as bad as when I first started. Maps that I could have beat without even trying I'm now failing, and I can barely get 1/3 of my previous high scores. I tried just grinding it out but I don't feel myself improving. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's been through this, so any tips on getting back into the game?

I'm not sure if my mouse setting might have changed, or I got used to the sensitivity from playing other games, but I tried tweaking it little bit at a time and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I'm always off by anywhere from a few pixels to a centimeter. I seem to be doing okay on faster maps, so I think I still have my reaction speed, but accuracy is just really bad :cry:
Zhanger_old
wb, and you're probably just rusty. the only way to revert to your original skill level is to continue playing
Nactra
i would suggest stop playing for a short period of time (~3days) and come back to it when you're calm. you're probably getting nervous beacause of finding yourself less skilled than before, and therefore you suck even more. take a small break, come back refreshed and it should come back very quick.

at least it was my personnal experience from each time i took a hiatu (i did tha4times,one time almost a complete year)
you did not forget how to play.you just need to let your brain remember that he knows how to.
try to have settings exactly the way they were before tough.
Hikaros
it happened to me, just keep playing and you will be cool.
EasyModeDX
I hadn't played for a month until today I decided I'd play osu! until I get tired of it

I'd recommend you the following:

-Play some easy maps first, and as you are finnally grasping your previous skills, try to make things a little more difficult.

-If you're raging because your accuracy isn't as high as it was supposed to be on the maps you used to play, download new beatmaps and if you don't fail, give one try to each new map you've got. If you do fail try again until you clear them.
Essentially, as long as you're having fun by playing different beatmaps, you'll get the hang of it again before you know it.

Check some of your replays before the hiatus and try to figure out what you're doing wrong compared to your previous gameplay

If that fails, maybe it hasn't got anything to do with your hiatus. Maybe you have a different hardware configuration than you used to have? Just to be sure, check if everything is fine with your mouse/keyboard/tablet/whatever you use to play osu.

Also, try to remember how you used to play osu before. Did you used to use the keyboard? Maybe you should only use the mouse? Where did you use to put your left hand while the right one controls the mouse, maybe on top of your right hand? If you've got a tablet, maybe you're not holding the pen the most comfortable way for playing osu, so it might be sliding off your hand when it gets sweaty (that happens to me a lot :P)

Check some of your replays before the hiatus and try to figure out what you're doing wrong compared to your previous gameplay
Waryas
I stopped playing daily starting August, I even took a 3weeks break. A few days ago I restarted by trying some map i could do easily and I did awful and I just ragequit for the day.
You just need to play about 1-2h daily and you'll be back to your original skill soon enough...
Don't try to do everything in one go, take it easy.
Glass
play james maps
KRZY
Wait, stagi?

lol o.o/