forum

A question from a beginner?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CaliTomato
So I just downloaded Osu! today and had a question. Do most people use just a mouse or do they use a touchscreen or tablet with stylus? In tournaments/competitions does everyone have to use a mouse? Is it just up to personal preference?
Tae
There's a fair amount of players who use each of the different playstyles you listed. In tournaments, it's up to personal preference and to which the player is most comfortable with, although you generally don't see many touchscreen players. With enough hours put in though, there's very little difference between mouse and tablet, with many top players in both, although more so in tablet.
Ryoid
I'm using mouse and i'm fine with it
It was personal preference so play like you want to play or comfortable with it
Also, this thread should be on G&R Lmao
Well, good luck and enjoy the game :)
dung eater
Tablet is better for this game. Mice drift and you can't trust cursor to be in same place on screen when mouse is in same place on mousepad.

There's a 1star map i cant fc because of mousedrift.
Celine
Keyboard + mouse/tablet is the most efficient
N0thingSpecial
Tablet is theoretically superior to mouse, but it usually comes down to personal preference.

I'm lazy and I can't be bothered so I stick with mouse lol
Celine
I'm not gonna bother to get a goddamn tablet only for circle clicking
ManuelOsuPlayer
Mouse is alive, tablet dead :P
Ryoid

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Mouse is alive

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

tablet dead :P
Alot
aside from what other said, if you are looking for an answer for yourself on what to use. I recommend staying with mouse until you can get to around 500pp or higher, then start switching to tablet.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Ryoid wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Mouse is alive

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

tablet dead :P
Finally someone understand me hehehe
Ryoid
I recommend staying Mashing your keyboard until you can get to around 500pp or higher, then start switching to Bananas.