forum

An - Sannenmae no kyoku no mikkusu o naosu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zekromshock
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, 15 August 2017 at 12:18:02 AM

Artist: An
Title: Sannenmae no kyoku no mikkusu o naosu
Tags: acuticnotes an-fillnote
BPM: 195
Filesize: 4464kb
Play Time: 01:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (1.85 stars, 72 notes)
  2. Normal (0.59 stars, 5 notes)
Download: An - Sannenmae no kyoku no mikkusu o naosu
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First map, mostly to see how much I know and what I need to know.
I'm planning to keep this out of the graveyard, but I've made a lot of mistakes, so we'll see what happens.

Background: https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php ... d=63027228
Jayde
Modding:
0:04:615 - Have greater spacing for the '2' note circle to ensure flow
0:05:699 - Same problem from '3' slider to '4' note circle, have greater spacing to signal the slight pause from the slider to the note circle
0:07:846 - Same problem from slider to note circle
0:08:461 - Same problem from slider to note circle (ensure there is spacing to signal a pause from hit circle to slider)
0:09:846 to 0:13:230 - to signal the same rhythmic note circles that continue for 12 hit circles, have 2 hit circles overlayed on top of each other, so the end
result should be 6 pairs of 12 hit circles (unlike the 12 single hit circles that exist currently)
0:13:538 to 0:18:153 - Previous '12' hit circle is partially on top of the next slider and is played nearly immediately after the hit circle, which is a good signal to the player about when to hit the next note, overall flows nicely together from sliders to the spinner

0:24:037 - the triple notes that touch each other (not stacked) usually signal a triple beat (in this case since they are not as fast as a triple beat, I would
increase
the spacing in between them [or speed them up to make 2 sets of triple beats, but probably increase spacing on the original])
0:24:632 - Same problem as mentioned before, have greater spacing between hit circle '3' and slider '4' (especially because from 0:24:037 there are 3 notes
then the slider, all equally spaced apart, but there is a pause between the last note and the slider, so spacing is hence required.)
0:26:153 to 0:27:076 - Timing feels awkward between sliders and notes (though I can see you were trying to match it with the music), more effective use of
spacing but still feels off (not sure how to explain it better soz :oops: )
0:27:538 to 0:29:538 - Good cogency and spacing between sliders (good use of the reverse slider

1:10:000 - the triple stacked beats are too fast (more rhythmic spacing is required to make it easier and more consistent to hit)
1:11:997 to 1:12:607 - the slider to the note is touching each other which signals that the beat should be pressed immediately, but there is a pause in
between, so either increase the slider length to take more time, then place the note immediately afterwards or place the note further
away from the slider [You could make the slider very slow, to emphasise the fading of the music with the next mini break.
1:14:923 - the slider ends on top of the triple stacked hit circles, which also usually indicates that they should be pressed immediately but there is a pause,
instead do what was done at 0:13:538 to ensure more flow, also triple stacked hit circles are too fast, slow them down (this may make it
misaligned to the music, but experiment it regardless)
1:16:923 to 1:17:538 - same problem that occurred at 1:11:997 to 1:12:607 <--- (read what was written there)\

Generally:
- Ability to map to the music is pretty decently evident
- Work on spacing to allow for more readable note timings to the player (I had to play it several times to just understand the beat patterns [felt very awkward
when first playing)
- finish mapping the song ! ! !

Perfect map that illustrates what you should try to emulate: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/201186 (Play and critically analyse 'Andrea-Claus')

Hope this helps : D
Topic Starter
zekromshock
Are you trying to do this?

00:04:617 (2) - Have greater spacing to ensure flow

You do that by selecting the hit object(s), copying it and pasting it on the post. It automatically converts it into a link.

I used distance and grid snapping for mapping, which is why I ended with rather awkward placements. But this is just the help I needed.