forum

Single-tapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AnimeWolf495
I have a somewhat bad habit of just using one finger to tap (excluding drumrolls and all that). It makes my finger sore and while I'm playing my finger would freeze up and I'd miss the notes. How do I get out of this habit?
Casually
Practice playing with 2 fingers. If your finger is sore, take a break.
ManuelOsuPlayer

AnimeWolf495 wrote:

I have a somewhat bad habit of just using one finger to tap (excluding drumrolls and all that). It makes my finger sore and while I'm playing my finger would freeze up and I'd miss the notes. How do I get out of this habit?
Open your eyes and watch the circles helps more than play half sleep thinking on how you have to move your wrist and fingers.
kai99
singletap more. i went through the same process.
ChipFuu
Well, you can try gradually switching to full alternating tapping, but you should also be fine with singletapping the usual stuff like you're doing right now. You're gonna build more stamina the more you play, so don't sweat it too much.
Deva
Alternate
Ryoid

Deva wrote:

Alternate
this guy knows
Byza
If you are getting sore fingers, fast advice:

a) "warm up": before playing, open and close your hand at a constant "moderate" speed for a minute or two. Then, start playing with maps with low "bpm" and not too difficult. Play more difficult stuff once your hands are prepared

b) stop playing once your hand hurts: simply dont play more if you are getting hurt. Wait until the next day

This pain is usual when you start to play or when you start playing maps that get out of your "confort area"
Fxjlk
Changing habits is best done while you are fully conscious of what you are doing which is easiest when you are not playing the hardest maps you can play.

Play maps that are moderately difficult and focus on playing in a way that minimizes effort but does not reduce your control.