forum

September 2011 NewBAT

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mismagius

Natteke wrote:

Hey, posts like "Congrats!!1" and stuff are as useless as the ones that got deleted so why not delete them too? Or are we going to be like communists? No bad comments, only good ones!
I think if you had any other reason than "he makes troll symmetry maps" or "she likes to respect the rules" maybe your post wouldn't be retarded as it was?
ouranhshc

Blue Dragon wrote:

Natteke wrote:

Hey, posts like "Congrats!!1" and stuff are as useless as the ones that got deleted so why not delete them too? Or are we going to be like communists? No bad comments, only good ones!
I think if you had any other reason than "he makes troll symmetry maps" or "she likes to respect the rules" maybe your post wouldn't be retarded as it was?
says the person whose earlier troll post was edited
Mismagius

ouranhshc wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

says the person whose earlier troll post was edited
Except my troll post was actually referring to someone hating on the BATs for no reason?

I seriously think you should know about what we're talking about before just spelling bullshit like you're someone that knows stuff.

Thanks.
KRZY

Galkan wrote:

Best jjal ever, thank you
Natteke

Blue Dragon wrote:

Natteke wrote:

That's completely irrelevant and incorrect
Mismagius
Then provide me a good reason to troll in this thread?
Natteke
I'm not even trolling since my point is not to make people angry, but to express my disappointment and astonishment
Lunah_old
People are should be free to explain their disappointment
of course respecting rules

So I don't see any problem about people saying what they think, the topic should not be only "gratzzz!! n11!11 nuts!11"
Ephemeral

Natteke wrote:

I'm not even trolling since my point is not to make people angry, but to express my disappointment and astonishment
what do you honestly have to be disappointed or astonished about?
Natteke

Ephemeral wrote:

Natteke wrote:

what do you honestly have to be disappointed or astonished about?
About the people that become new BATs. Isn't it obvious?
D33d
People who question this sort of thing without giving reasons for it are merely inviting a huge slap to the face, in the form of a competent rebuttal.
Natteke
Arrogant people should not become BATs but unfortunately they do. I can recall times when these people threw racist comments, started dramas etc. A BAT must have a neutral position, not just supporting one point of view and ignoring the rest. Is this a good enough reason for you, D33d?
Bass

Natteke wrote:

Arrogant people should not become BATs but unfortunately they do. I can recall times when these people threw racist comments, started dramas etc. A BAT must have a neutral position, not just supporting one point of view and ignoring the rest. Is this a good enough reason for you, D33d?
Please show where Sakura, Krisom or RJ threw racist comment or started flamewar. Prove it.
Natteke
My irc log folder weights 176 MB. I'm not THAT bothered with this whole situation to do it, sorry.
I'm not looking to change other people's opinions, these are all mine.
ziin
throwing out racist comments at one point in time shouldn't ruin your chance of being a staff member. Making someone a staff member usually improves their behavior, if it was at all questionable before.

I also don't see a problem with supporting 1 point of view and ignoring the rest. So long as you don't deny the rest. There's plenty of other BATs out there.
dvorak_old
This

ziin wrote:

throwing out racist comments at one point in time shouldn't ruin your chance of being a staff member. Making someone a staff member usually improves their behavior, if it was at all questionable before.

I also don't see a problem with supporting 1 point of view and ignoring the rest. So long as you don't deny the rest. There's plenty of other BATs out there.
Even if I am racist, I am not racist as long as I don't behave in public(forum/public channel) place.
You shouldn't blame for now, but you can ask to recall when he/she(staff) act like something unacceptable as moderator after she/he get title.
ouranhshc

dvorak wrote:

This

ziin wrote:

Even if I am racist, I am not racist as long as I don't behave in public(forum/public channel) place.
umm, it doesn't matter if it is public or Private, a racist comment is a racist comment.
dkun

Natteke wrote:

Nor should people who leak precious material or does not know what the fundamentals of a BAT is.

But hey, it's like the BAT team wants to give everyone a chance, so we should let them!
Ephemeral

Natteke wrote:

My irc log folder weights 176 MB. I'm not THAT bothered with this whole situation to do it, sorry.
I'm not looking to change other people's opinions, these are all mine.
if you insist on voicing them, then i suggest you provide some evidence to back them up. i have everything everybody on the server has said in the past three months at my fingertips and can readily verify any claims you make. if there are issues here, we can sort them out.

otherwise, you're not being constructive. we don't want that, do we?

dkun wrote:

Nor should people who leak precious material or does not know what the fundamentals of a BAT is.

But hey, it's like the BAT team wants to give everyone a chance, so we should let them!
and the fundamentals of being a BAT are what exactly?
D33d

Natteke wrote:

As long as they are capable of doing their jobs, which entail giving maps attention, striving to improve them and ultimately ranking them, then personality quirks can be overlooked in the event that they don't interfere with their jobs. Enough people in the BAT saw fit to vote for Krisom, RJ and Sakura, which implies that their alleged "trolling" and "drama" is only seen as that in a subjective manner.

Anybody in the team who contravenes what it is to be a member of the BAT can be kicked out with a few mouse/keyboard inputs. When Jarby told ztrot that he wanted to leave the MAT, he was removed from the team within moments. It's not as if the nasty trolls with big Internet willies would be left to fuck everything up.
Ephemeral

D33d wrote:

As long as they are capable of doing their jobs, which entail giving maps attention, striving to improve them and ultimately ranking them, then personality quirks can be overlooked in the event that they don't interfere with their jobs. Enough people in the BAT saw fit to vote for Krisom, RJ and Sakura, which implies that their alleged "trolling" and "drama" is only seen as that in a subjective manner.

Anybody in the team who contravenes what it is to be a member of the BAT can be kicked out with a few mouse/keyboard inputs. When Jarby told ztrot that he wanted to leave the MAT, he was removed from the team within moments. It's not as if the nasty trolls with big Internet willies would be left to fuck everything up.
it isn't really like that - we don't just kick someone out because they fuck up. there has been (to my knowledge) only two people ever to have ever been kicked out of the BAT permanently. we're a team - there isn't a 'team leader' or anything like that. we just corroborate together the best we can to try and make shit work where we'd all fail as individuals.

the BAT isn't a big team of prestige and whatnot - it's just a bunch of people working together to keep this game running properly. we don't always do the right thing - that is why we're constantly expanding, offering our ear to interested and qualified members of the community to join our ranks and help us iron out stuff. you get nothing aside from more responsibility and stress from becoming a BAT, unless you count a differently coloured name and a forum title something of substance.

you can question the qualifications we rate people on till you're blue in the face, but at the end of the day, we have to be sure that we can work with the people we choose, and the people we choose can work with us. this takes MONTHS of deliberation to work out - this round's newBAT took nearly three months of solid discussion to finalize. at the end of it, we know a damn sight more about the candidates than most people do.

have a little faith in our judgements of character. give people a go.
ziin

ouranhshc wrote:

umm, it doesn't matter if it is public or Private, a racist comment is a racist comment.
It's not illegal if you don't get caught.

And seriously, have some faith in people.
NotShinta
You can be unhelpful bitches all you like, but bringing racism into this isn't a good idea.

Unless you actually have any proof at all of such racist comments, but I seriously doubt any of these three people said anything of the sort. Not at their current maturity, anyway. But right no, this is really just being an arse.
OzzyOzrock
racist comments or not that's the past

get yourself into a high position yourself and you'll understand. it depends on how you behave after. of course, you have to keep in mind that said comments could hinder you from such goal, but doesn't mean that if you've worked hard, one comment will ruin it.

THAT COMES AFTER
mtmcl
I know from being in and out of the BAT a few times what it looks like from the inside and out. While I can see why some people would feel frustrated from the outside, you'd be surprised how much consideration is taken into every detail. You'd also be surprised by the diversity of personalities who challenge one another. I'm not going to say that a new BAT won't come in and look at the title as bragging rights. Most of them probably do at first. But it's only a short matter of time before they realize just how much strict business goes into it and just how much DISRESPECT they may receive over it. It's not a privilege. It's volunteer work.

Congratulations to those of you who made it. You deserve it. I wish I could have "served with you", so to speak, but I have other fish to fry at the moment.
SapphireGhost

Ephemeral wrote:

you get nothing aside from more responsibility and stress from becoming a BAT
If you genuinely enjoy helping people improve their beatmaps to the point where they can be ranked, I imagine it would be an enjoyable for both you and the mapper, as you get to make someone happy which in turn makes you happy. I'm pretty sure there are positives as well as negatives. Of course, I could be entirely wrong, but that would be my point of view.
Ephemeral

SapphireGhost wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

you get nothing aside from more responsibility and stress from becoming a BAT
If you genuinely enjoy helping people improve their beatmaps to the point where they can be ranked, I imagine it would be an enjoyable for both you and the mapper, as you get to make someone happy which in turn makes you happy. I'm pretty sure there are positives as well as negatives. Of course, I could be entirely wrong, but that would be my point of view.
the work is largely thankless. we do it because we care about the community and want people to get their creations out there and experienced as painlessly as possible.
ouranhshc

Ephemeral wrote:

the work is largely thankless. we do it because we care about the community and want people to get their creations out there and experienced as painlessly as possible.

Yay Teamwork

viewforum.php?f=80
dkun

ouranhshc wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

Yay Teamwork

viewforum.php?f=80
AHAHAH.

so true :lol:
Lunah_old

ouranhshc wrote:

Yay Teamwork

viewforum.php?f=80
:roll:
YGOkid8
um, in rebuttal to Natteke, i guess?

1) Humans are not and never will be perfect. BATs are human, hence they are not perfect.
2) Everyone is a racist, whether we want to be or not, but that's a different argument.
Shiro
People whine because there aren't enough BATs to rank their maps.
Then, when there are new BATs, they whine about the new BATs.

You cannot always get what you want. When something happens and you didn't want it, you need to learn to deal with it and stop acting like everything revolves around you.
This goes for most of the people who keep whining.
Stating your opinion is important, but keep it reasonable. Useless flaming or whining won't get anything anywhere.
Stop seeing BATs (new or not) as enemies just because they find possible improvements for your maps and don't rank them straight away without even a mod.
Natteke

Odaril wrote:

You cannot always get what you want. When something happens and you didn't want it, you need to learn to deal with it and stop acting like everything revolves around you.
Stating your opinion is important, but keep it reasonable. Useless flaming or whining won't get anything anywhere.
Stop seeing BATs (new or not) as enemies just because they find possible improvements for your maps and don't rank them straight away without even a mod.
A post full of false assumptions from a person who thinks he knows the golden truth and brings it to masses.
Lilac
Alright, we can end it here.
Mismagius

Natteke wrote:

Odaril wrote:

A post full of false assumptions from a person who thinks he knows the golden truth and brings it to masses.
If you're really that perfect to say things about the new BATs, why don't you try being a BAT yourself so you can "free osu! from the evil staff"?
Natteke
Heh, "You can't do it yourself!" argument, I expected it from you :D
No, I'm bad at modding so I'm not even going to try. It's like..you know, you don't like a song, but you can still say it's bad, even though you can't even produce music.
Mismagius
Except you can't say the music is bad and then say everybody who likes the music is retarded because you think the music is bad, because basically that's what you're doing.
Natteke

Blue Dragon wrote:

Except you can't say the music is bad and then say everybody who likes the music is retarded because you think the music is bad, because basically that's what you're doing.
I honestly have no idea what you've just said
Crimmi

Lilac wrote:

Alright, we can end it here.
I second this option.
Ephemeral

Natteke wrote:

Heh, "You can't do it yourself!" argument, I expected it from you :D
No, I'm bad at modding so I'm not even going to try. It's like..you know, you don't like a song, but you can still say it's bad, even though you can't even produce music.
That is what we in the business call an "opinion".

They're like ears - everybody has one or two.

What you have are opinions about things. This is good. What you are doing is voicing your opinions in a way which is not at all constructive and almost entirely derogatory. Instead of attempting to put your point across properly, you have resorted to making vague statements and implications for no other purpose than to rile up others. This is bad.

This achieves nothing. If you have an issue with the current newBAT, back up your opinions with fact and post them for others to see. If they're true, we can work on them from there. If you are going to continue in your current state of mind and simply shit up a good thread for no reason, you're not going to be posting again for a week or two.

Thank you for your time.
Natteke
As I said before, I wasn't trying to change anyone's point of view nor make anyone feel angry. These are my personal thoughts, then don't have to be constructive. If people disagree with me — OK. People are replying on my posts and I feel like replying back, that's it. Maybe I'm pushing it too much, but posts where a poster is trying to "read other people's minds" and posts like..uh oh, BD's ones just make me giggle.
Well uh, I guess I should stop or I will get banned or something for voicing my negative opinions which obviously seems to be a crime around here :O nvm, I won't post anymore
Mismagius
bah whatever
maay
real men should never consider themselves kids, no matter what their age is
Rukario
I shall post here to express my feelings about the newBATs. Thank you for your attention.
D33d

Natteke wrote:

As I said before, I wasn't trying to change anyone's point of view nor make anyone feel angry. These are my personal thoughts, then don't have to be constructive. If people disagree with me — OK. People are replying on my posts and I feel like replying back, that's it. Maybe I'm pushing it too much, but posts where a poster is trying to "read other people's minds" and posts like..uh oh, BD's ones just make me giggle.
Well uh, I guess I should stop or I will get banned or something for voicing my negative opinions which obviously seems to be a crime around here :O nvm, I won't post anymore
Nobody's chastising you for being opinionated, but it's stupid to post them when they come across as needless bitching and moaning.

When you were pushed into justifying your arguments, they were counter-argued. There's little more to it than that.
Fabi
Congratulations for the news BAT members! :)
Ephemeral

Natteke wrote:

Needless and baseless criticism is not constructive. That is what the bulk of your "personal thoughts" have been in this thread so far.

And yes, Natteke - I am going to ban you for having a negative opinion. Totally. I'll completely ignore the fact that you have disrupted a thread with inflammatory nonsense and have deliberately tried to incite and offend other users when presented with counter-points to your statements.

You of all people should know better.
ziin

Rukarioman wrote:

I shall post here to express my feelings about the newBATs. Thank you for your attention.
Uranium_old
Sakura Hana?
KRZY

[Uranium] wrote:

Sakura Hana?
Why bump? And with possible flammatory attitude too!
Kasie
Congratz :) !