forum

HoneyWorks meets TrySail - Senpai.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Envvi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on May 29, 2018 at 10:41:11 PM

Artist: HoneyWorks meets TrySail
Title: Senpai.
Tags: honeyworks trysail senpai
BPM: 162
Filesize: 8364kb
Play Time: 05:06
Difficulties Available:
  1. Suki (5.84 stars, 1213 notes)
Download: HoneyWorks meets TrySail - Senpai.
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
5 minute version of Honeyworks meets Trysail - Senpai. Looking for more mods, thanks!

(Yes there is a storyboard!)
Aika45
Hi! From my modding queue...

Actually I have the same song in my submitted maps(but I deleted it) and I'm familiar with the song too much...

My comments
General Comments

Timing
- Song needs to be properly timed for it to be ranked, consider visiting the #modhelp forum if you aren't familiar or getting confused with timing your map... I'm not good at it though so please do so...

Slider Velocity

- Regarding your map's drastic change in slider velocity. Most of the velocity changes are unreasonable for the song and it will be difficult for players to even read the sliders in whole...
- A bit of advice for drastic velocity changes like in this part... 05:06:878 (1) - usually parts where velocity change should take place... In kiai parts, parts where the song suddenly changes in bpm, calm parts of the song, end of the song, and lastly, if the song dictates for slider change (if the rhythm becomes slower or faster)...

Circles

- You're idea of placing circle patterns are good but it somehow needs a good view... I mean players must be able to recognize the circles placed most of the times even if it's a high lvl difficulty
- Confusing players by having the circles at the same place is good but too much circles on same places is a bit hard to play and unrecognizable at all...
- Streams are ideal for songs that requires it, somehow I think that this song is not for stream, circles stacks maybe, but I don't this so with streams...

Sliders

- Sliders with the same sliderheads and slidertail are unrankable and is confusing to players, I've only seen a single map that is approved with that kind of sliders but its a contest map with no rules in mapping, so I think its a no no...
- Making sliders of the same curve makes players familiarize with the sliders, having no general shape sliders is a bit weird and is boring to play
- Making straight and curve sliders are placed where the song dictates it, if there is a strong note, you can put straight slider, if there is a soft note, place a curve one

Overall

- Please read mapping concepts and general mapping guides in forum for you to be able to have an idea with mapping
- Consider revising most of the parts...

My mods

Timing

- BPM - 162
- Offset - 899

Set Red timing points here: No changes in bpm though, just to adjust the main ticks
- 00:13:121
- 00:13:491
- 01:06:455
- 01:06:825 - Kiai time
- 02:32:379
- 02:32:749 - Kiai time

Changes in BPM here, please visit #modhelp
- 03:17:193

I'm sorry but please make the timing right first before you let others mod your map...
I can mod your map again after the timing becomes right... Sorry...
Topic Starter
Envvi

Aika45 wrote:

Hi! From my modding queue...

Actually I have the same song in my submitted maps(but I deleted it) and I'm familiar with the song too much...

My comments
General Comments

Timing
- Song needs to be properly timed for it to be ranked, consider visiting the #modhelp forum if you aren't familiar or getting confused with timing your map... I'm not good at it though so please do so... Thanks I got some feedback from #modhelp

Slider Velocity

- Regarding your map's drastic change in slider velocity. Most of the velocity changes are unreasonable for the song and it will be difficult for players to even read the sliders in whole... Hmm I'm not sure. The parts where I used 0.2SV sliders is just a tiny slider and you don't break from it even if you didn't read it. In general I think the SV changes don't warrant breaks like some maps might, I just use it to fit the intensity of the section
- A bit of advice for drastic velocity changes like in this part... 05:06:878 (1) - usually parts where velocity change should take place... In kiai parts, parts where the song suddenly changes in bpm, calm parts of the song, end of the song, and lastly, if the song dictates for slider change (if the rhythm becomes slower or faster)...I think even for the same section it's okay to have a little SV change (like 03:41:306 where the SV changes make it more fun imo)

Circles

- You're idea of placing circle patterns are good but it somehow needs a good view... I mean players must be able to recognize the circles placed most of the times even if it's a high lvl difficulty Not sure what a "good view" really means but a lot of circles are placed for a reason. There are occasionally short repeated jumps that are a bit more random I agree though, they are used for warmup for the jump sections
- Confusing players by having the circles at the same place is good but too much circles on same places is a bit hard to play and unrecognizable at all... This I don't agree with. Maybe it varies from player to player
- Streams are ideal for songs that requires it, somehow I think that this song is not for stream, circles stacks maybe, but I don't this so with streams... I will note this suggestion. Some earlier streams I do find awkward and I might change. I like the stream during guitar solo though :)

Sliders

- Sliders with the same sliderheads and slidertail are unrankable and is confusing to players, I've only seen a single map that is approved with that kind of sliders but its a contest map with no rules in mapping, so I think its a no no... I don't have any sliders like that, and I don't think they are unrankable anyways (are you sure?). It's not like I have overlapping sliders at the same time. The worst I could think of is I have a slider then two ticks later I have a slider that begun at the end of the previous slider, and I think that's totally fine?
- Making sliders of the same curve makes players familiarize with the sliders, having no general shape sliders is a bit weird and is boring to play Noted. But at the same time I think having the same shape sliders in a marathon map is boring too... I will try to make the sliders conform more
- Making straight and curve sliders are placed where the song dictates it, if there is a strong note, you can put straight slider, if there is a soft note, place a curve one I use curved sliders with small angles instead of just straight sliders most of the time in fast sections (I think straight slider is boring). There is also a part where I used slow straight sliders in a slow part. I think in general it's harder to correct your aim after a straight slider (at least on mouse) so I tend to curve all my fast sliders, then I think it's fair to get away with some straight sliders in slow parts (since aim correction is easier on slow parts anyways)

Overall

- Please read mapping concepts and general mapping guides in forum for you to be able to have an idea with mapping
- Consider revising most of the parts...

My mods

Timing

- BPM - 162
- Offset - 899 This offset is too high. I personally found 866 to be good. One person in #modhelp said 866 too. I got another suggestion for 882. Keeping 866 for now

Set Red timing points here: No changes in bpm though, just to adjust the main ticks
- 00:13:121
- 00:13:491
- 01:06:455 These were useful. Spent an hour or so listening at 25% speed repeatedly a lot of parts. I think your Kiai offset for the first part is very spot on. There were some other offsets in the bridge as well.
- 01:06:825 - Kiai time
- 02:32:379
- 02:32:749 - Kiai time

Changes in BPM here, please visit #modhelp
- 03:17:193 Sounds like the same BPM to me? Unless you mean halved?

I'm sorry but please make the timing right first before you let others mod your map... The first uninherited timing point was a bit confusing,
made it snap to the first note now to be clearer. I think in general the timing is good? I got some help from #modhelp but the timing didn't change much at all. I thoroughly looked over the map again and fixed the timing in various parts a bit (the most it was off was by about 18ms in the bridge)

I can mod your map again after the timing becomes right... Sorry... Every feedback helps!
Looked through all my timings again. Made adjustments. Considering changing first two streams. Thanks!

I changed up the first two streams from just regular streams to speedup streams, plays a lot better now. Looking to change the last stream too.
Amaikai
SPOILER
Neat map, was quite enjoyable to play and didn't find anything big off when playing. Some polishing tho:

00:37:181 (1,2) - these were bit close so I instinctively did mini snap inbetween, instead of continuing momentum from slider and just dropping cursor a bit to hit next slider. Red is how i perceive/play current sliders and purple is what i would see flowing bit better. https://puu.sh/wWZ0K/6b17ddf364.jpg

This part 00:43:107 (1,2,3,4,1) - felt weird too. 1,2,3,4 have equally strong sound and 5 ending that vocal section / transitioning to long sound but you have 00:43:107 (1,2) - consistently placed, then 00:43:848 (3) - is going more towards circular and finally 00:44:218 (4) - is the odd one out. Aesthetically, you could try curving gradually but play wise, it would hint next pattern being circular flow oriented while it is more linear+sharp angles. But yeah, I hear sounds at 00:43:107 (1,2,3,4) - all being equally weighted while pattern doesn't reflect that, because of 4. You can prolly figure out something nicer there.

This part 00:49:033 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - doesn't follow pacing of vocals since singer pronounces sound at 00:50:329 (4) - considerably stronger than others but map doesn't start a new pattern. I hear these 00:50:329 (4,2,3) as more powerful and could play around with the thought of patterning on those. But thats up to you since instruments do 1,2 focusing and 00:50:329 (4) - is when instrument sound is fading out.

01:03:848 (1) wheres the continuation? this feels like abrupt stop, could silence the end and extend a bit so it covers bit more of vocals. Another reason to extend would be instruments you mapped to earlier, the last note is still "hanging" around in song but slider stops abruptly.

Now this is just an opinion but 01:06:277 (1,2,3) - could lead towards jump section bit better. It blends with kiai and "actual" jump section instead of being a pattern leading to it.

NC here 01:28:862 (15) -

01:28:862 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - this sounds wrong rhytmically. Try removing 01:29:139 (18,22) so it follows vocals bit more closely. Could also change first repeat to triple and leave only drum hits for 2nd repeat. So you end up with rhythm like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8719158 (ignore placement)

01:36:454 (1,2) - expected these to be symmetrical instead of switching angle inbetween.

I'm not that big on aesthetics but 02:31:121 (2) - this slider has irregular shape. And if you wanted to pull a joke, make it look more like a butt and move more to bottom right :^)

Dunno about these 02:34:825 (17,18,19,20) - and 02:37:788 (16,17,18,19) - .When singer sings like that earlier on map 01:21:639 (1,2,3) , 01:18:676 (1,2,3) , 01:11:639 (12,13,14) - you mapped that as slider but here you have it as notes. Also that section doesn't seem as faithful to song as rest of map.

Rhythm here is off 03:00:566 (4,5,6) - , singer starts section from end of 4 which you follow with 5,6 but since sliderend doesn't really give feedback it felt off. This rhythm https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8719261 sounds closer to song to my ears.

04:52:048 (1) - This isn't perfect circle.

I like deathstreams. But I like deathstreams following song even more. Here 04:57:246 (25) - when singer takes a breather, I wouldn't continue stream but instead have a slider and continue stream when singer starts again 04:57:616 (26) -. Here when singer stops I would have slider again 04:58:728 (9) - followed by another 1/2 slider at 04:59:098 (10) - etc. Something to keep map streamy while still following nuances of song.

From my queue: t/622943
ProgressiveStar
Hello from ingame chating!
This is my Mod~
Mod
You didn't edit the hitsound in many places, Maybe the map is not finished now?
You use the red line to change the offset, please check your timing again, I am not sure whether the song changed its speed,
but your stress sounds are supposed to set on the long white line
00:11:051 (3) - and 00:21:996 (4) - I hope the slow slider could have a combo color changing
00:13:014 (1) - this one is late,the "su"in"suki' is on 00:12:922
00:44:218 (4) - why not reverse(head&tail exchange) this slider?
01:03:848 (1) - I hope this slider is a slow one, because the previous slider is focused on a small place
01:09:232 (13) - try to reverse this?
01:29:047 (17) - add a new combo here?
01:36:454 (1,2) -and 04:49:085 (1,2) - It's not easy to get the rhythm
02:31:121 (2) - the slider ends to late, It can be ended at 02:31:492, and you can add a circle at 02:31:584
02:34:269 (13) - and 02:37:232 (13) - how long ! add a new combo here?
02:42:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Big black?! It's too surprise to read
02:58:714 (3) - I prefer just use a circle here
03:10:936 (3) - take more distance from the slider tail
03:21:306 (6,8) - reverse this two sliders will be more gentle
04:12:048 (10) - new combo here?
04:31:678 (3) - and 04:34:641 (3) - Hope it sound 3 times instead of 5
04:56:505 (17) - 04:59:468 (17) - 05:02:431 (23) - new combo?
Topic Starter
Envvi

Amaikai wrote:

SPOILER
Neat map, was quite enjoyable to play and didn't find anything big off when playing. Some polishing tho:

00:37:181 (1,2) - these were bit close so I instinctively did mini snap inbetween, instead of continuing momentum from slider and just dropping cursor a bit to hit next slider. Red is how i perceive/play current sliders and purple is what i would see flowing bit better. https://puu.sh/wWZ0K/6b17ddf364.jpg I took a look, tried a variety of different placements, I ended up doing this: https://b.catgirlsare.sexy/-HIX.png The way you suggested is an improvement, however it becomes too flowy and I feel like that could make the player miss on the square, having a little bounce beforehand is nice. As well,
this lines up the end of slider 2 with note 6

This part 00:43:107 (1,2,3,4,1) - felt weird too. 1,2,3,4 have equally strong sound and 5 ending that vocal section / transitioning to long sound but you have 00:43:107 (1,2) - consistently placed, then 00:43:848 (3) - is going more towards circular and finally 00:44:218 (4) - is the odd one out. Aesthetically, you could try curving gradually but play wise, it would hint next pattern being circular flow oriented while it is more linear+sharp angles. But yeah, I hear sounds at 00:43:107 (1,2,3,4) - all being equally weighted while pattern doesn't reflect that, because of 4. You can prolly figure out something nicer there. First of all I have to preface by saying that this song is carried mostly by vocals as the instrumental patterns are repeated a lot (except guitar solo). So for this part her first two syllables are monotone low sounds, the third is lifting, and the fourth has higher sound. That's the theme I was going for.
Unfortunately I think this factor doesn't stand out too much and I've overexaggerated it. After a lot of testing I settled with this: https://b.catgirlsare.sexy/V2gZ.png It not only still emphasizes the syllables, but also foreshadows the patterns to come, which is decent.

This part 00:49:033 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - doesn't follow pacing of vocals since singer pronounces sound at 00:50:329 (4) - considerably stronger than others but map doesn't start a new pattern. I hear these 00:50:329 (4,2,3) as more powerful and could play around with the thought of patterning on those. But thats up to you since instruments do 1,2 focusing and 00:50:329 (4) - is when instrument sound is fading out. Very perceptive. Here I was focused more on the build-up than what the vocals were actually doing. I believe that any inclination to match the vocals would result in a poor build-up,
and vice versa. No changes for now but I'll keep this in mind as this happens more than once in the song.

01:03:848 (1) wheres the continuation? this feels like abrupt stop, could silence the end and extend a bit so it covers bit more of vocals. Another reason to extend would be instruments you mapped to earlier, the last note is still "hanging" around in song but slider stops abruptly. Used as a cliffhanger. More nerves for the coming Kiai. I'll keep this in mind as I think mapping something bland would ruin the Kiai following, but if I get another mod saying the same thing I'll think more.

Now this is just an opinion but 01:06:277 (1,2,3) - could lead towards jump section bit better. It blends with kiai and "actual" jump section instead of being a pattern leading to it. Agreed. The hard part is what to put here. Thought about small triangle with jump directions opposite of the coming jumps, but 1: the coming jumps lean left the switch right and doesn't have a specific direction, 2: horizontal jumps would be too hard to hit. Need to keep this in mind too but I do want to implement something here.

NC here 01:28:862 (15) - Added

01:28:862 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - this sounds wrong rhytmically. Try removing 01:29:139 (18,22) so it follows vocals bit more closely. Could also change first repeat to triple and leave only drum hits for 2nd repeat. So you end up with rhythm like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8719158 (ignore placement) I actually just straight up removed those two offending notes and switched the repeat sliders to this: https://b.catgirlsare.sexy/bwT4.png and it plays fairly well. I like it.

01:36:454 (1,2) - expected these to be symmetrical instead of switching angle inbetween. Never bothered me but fixed.

I'm not that big on aesthetics but 02:31:121 (2) - this slider has irregular shape. And if you wanted to pull a joke, make it look more like a butt and move more to bottom right :^) Wanted to emphasize her full vocals there lol. I changed it to a donut. Unfortunately this means people might sliderbreak here. But it does look better. Let's see how it works out for now

Dunno about these 02:34:825 (17,18,19,20) - and 02:37:788 (16,17,18,19) - .When singer sings like that earlier on map 01:21:639 (1,2,3) , 01:18:676 (1,2,3) , 01:11:639 (12,13,14) - you mapped that as slider but here you have it as notes. Also that section doesn't seem as faithful to song as rest of map. In this chorus instead of having the climbing vocals be the jumps and the peak as the taper-off I tried the opposite. Granted the triples do feel different from the rest of the song. Nothing comes to mind right now a creative way to fix it. I'll think about this.

Rhythm here is off 03:00:566 (4,5,6) - , singer starts section from end of 4 which you follow with 5,6 but since sliderend doesn't really give feedback it felt off. This rhythm https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8719261 sounds closer to song to my ears. Fixed. Didn't see your screenshot at first, fixed it and your screenshot looks the same as the map now. :D

04:52:048 (1) - This isn't perfect circle. Fixed now

I like deathstreams. But I like deathstreams following song even more. Here 04:57:246 (25) - when singer takes a breather, I wouldn't continue stream but instead have a slider and continue stream when singer starts again 04:57:616 (26) -. Here when singer stops I would have slider again 04:58:728 (9) - followed by another 1/2 slider at 04:59:098 (10) - etc. Something to keep map streamy while still following nuances of song. In the end I used just a slider for the first break (followed tight by the streams) and three sliders plus three jumps for the second break. Makes the stream a lot more enjoyable tbh. Thanks

From my queue: t/622943
I'm really glad you enjoyed my map! Thanks for the mod it was extremely helpful
Topic Starter
Envvi

ProgressiveStar wrote:

Hello from ingame chating!
This is my Mod~
Mod
You didn't edit the hitsound in many places, Maybe the map is not finished now? Formatted all hitsound volumes. As for custom hit sounds I only used silent sliders for some parts.
You use the red line to change the offset, please check your timing again, I am not sure whether the song changed its speed, We've talked ingame. Yeah this song has some offset issues so the best I can do is make sure after each long vocal section the offset is correct using red lines. One BPM with one offset just doesn't work properly
but your stress sounds are supposed to set on the long white line Fixed this. Now strong notes on white lines
00:11:051 (3) - and 00:21:996 (4) - I hope the slow slider could have a combo color changing Added
00:13:014 (1) - this one is late,the "su"in"suki' is on 00:12:922 I have fixed it, but I'm unsure. It should be short but now it seems too long.

00:44:218 (4) - why not reverse(head&tail exchange) this slider? I refactored this part for the previous mod, now it does indeed go the other way
01:03:848 (1) - I hope this slider is a slow one, because the previous slider is focused on a small place I tried to emphasize the "ha" and offer a nice contrast to the build up of the previous few sliders, as well as the build up for the chorus. I was questioned by a previous mod as well so I'll change this now
01:09:232 (13) - try to reverse this? For the first few jumps the idea was to "reach" top left so the two sliders act like they're "grabbing."
The second set of jumps fan out more and the first slider suggests a contrasting slider. So I think right now it's fine and plays fine

01:29:047 (17) - add a new combo here? Added at 15 instead by previous mod
01:36:454 (1,2) -and 04:49:085 (1,2) - It's not easy to get the rhythm I think these are fine. Especially since the time between notes here are slow so even if you misread the first one you won't combo break. Adds nice crisp texture to the words as well
02:31:121 (2) - the slider ends to late, It can be ended at 02:31:492, and you can add a circle at 02:31:584 You're right. Fixed.
02:34:269 (13) - and 02:37:232 (13) - how long ! add a new combo here? I think if I add a new combo after the triples it might be too distracting, keeping the same combo here can help read the approach circles
02:42:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Big black?! It's too surprise to read Kicksliders not quite as hard as big black :D I think it's fine, even though it is higher in difficulty, if you can't hit it properly you can just treat it as single notes (I do that actually). But with the bonus effect of making a climax more climactic. Before I had this entire section as kicksliders (I learned that was bad). Ending this section on a few of them is a surprise to first time players but I think it's welcoming and fun
02:58:714 (3) - I prefer just use a circle here Fixed. Sounds better like this. Thanks.
03:10:936 (3) - take more distance from the slider tail I like the contrast of close-far with the next two notes (far-close). I think this is fine
03:21:306 (6,8) - reverse this two sliders will be more gentle Supposed to be a deja vu of the beginning of the map where this also occurred.
Also opposing sliders create tension but this is a calm part so I like them leading to the same direction, giving a flowing away feeling

04:12:048 (10) - new combo here? As before I think NC would confuse the player thinking something else is happening, I just want them to focus on approach circles here. Besides the singer didn't even stop to take a breather here!
04:31:678 (3) - and 04:34:641 (3) - Hope it sound 3 times instead of 5
04:56:505 (17) - 04:59:468 (17) - 05:02:431 (23) - new combo? The combos go together with the vocals here. I did a refactor of this part as well so now it has one more combo than before.
Appreciate the mod! Thanks! Your map was fun
Tar Curunir
Hello! From my modding queue

General
This map has a lot of basic issues that will resolve itself if you map more. Those problems include spacing, combo colours, object placement, playability and that general "polished" look ranked maps have (I'm assuming you're going for ranked since you're asking for mods)
I've modded an excerpt, because those same issues permeate your entire map. I guess what I'm trying to say is: Try to add more structure to your map and ask yourself why you add/omit NCs, why spacing should increase/decrease, why a certain pattern fits/doesn't fit a music section.
I really hope you don't take offense to what I just said. Despite having many issues, your map has some great patterns and slider shapes. You're more than welcome to ask me for another mod if you resolved some of those issues.

Suki
00:53:477 (1,2,3,4) - the spacing between these 4 notes is too large
00:54:959 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Make the spacing the same as you did before.
01:05:536 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - genereally stay away from exponentially expanding streams if the song doesn't warrant it
01:07:565 (5) - NC
01:08:306 (9) - NC
01:09:602 (1) - Don't NC this note
01:09:787 (2) - NC this one instead, since it's on a white tick
01:10:528 (6) - NC
01:11:269 (10) - NC
01:12:565 (1) - Don't NC this note
01:12:750 (2) - NC this instead
01:13:491 (6) - NC
01:14:232 (10) - NC
01:14:973 (14,1,2) - this jump pattern doesn't make sense.
01:15:158 (1,2,3,1) - try to make the spacing of the gradually bigger jumps more consistent
01:16:269 (4) - NC
01:16:824 (7) - NC
01:19:417 (1,11) - 01:22:380 (1,11) - I'd NC these sections too, but they're debatable
01:25:343 (5) - NC
01:26:269 (10) - NC
01:27:565 (1) - Make this stream start in the same position as 01:27:010 (1)
01:35:528 (8) - Make this slider body prettier
01:38:862 (8) - ^
01:39:417 (1,6,1,6,1) - add a red anchor point instead of a grey one here. Makes the sliders sharper
02:02:750 (1) - Don't NC this note
02:04:232 (4) - Switch the slider head with the slider end. This pattern is confusing to play
02:24:612 (5) - NC
02:25:353 (9) - NC
02:27:217 (2) - This slider should be as far away from the center as 02:26:834 (1)
That applies to the following sliders as well. That gives your map a more polished look.
02:32:973 (2) - NC each of these triples
yShadowXOP_
Loli's Mod Queue

NM

yShadowXOP_ wrote:

Suki:

1. 00:21:440 - here you can hear beats on the blue ticks, you can put stream here 00:21:811 -
  2. 00:21:996 (4) - man, does not put slider extremely slow in a fast part of the song, besides being uncomfortable this is still confusing in a playing
  3. 00:24:774 - there's sound in the blue ticks.
  4. 00:26:811 (5) - NC
  5. 00:27:181 (6,7) - a little more space between these sliders
  6. 00:29:774 (8) - NC
  7. 00:35:885 (6) - stack the end of the slider in the 00:35:144 (4) -
  8. 00:35:514 (5) - NC
  9. 00:36:718 - triple
  10. 00:46:625 (3) - fix stack
  11. 01:05:628 (4) - remove no have sound
  12. 01:05:814 (6) - ^
  13. 01:05:999 (8) - ^
  14. 01:08:306 (9) - NC
  15. 01:11:825 (13) - ^
  16. 01:12:658 - triple
  17. 01:18:121 - add stream
  18. 01:19:047 (3,3) - arrange the blanket
  19. 01:23:769 - triple
  20. 01:24:139 - ^
  21. 01:43:862 (6,7) - this is extremely uncomfortable
  22. 02:10:528 (1) - this slider should end here 02:10:899 -
  23. 02:20:168 (1,2) - here you put circle but here 02:23:131 (1,2) - you changed the flow, why?
  24. 02:26:186 - triple
  25. 02:30:566 - add circle
  26. 02:30:658 - ^
  27. 02:34:084 (11) - NC
  28. 02:37:788 (16) - ^
  29. 02:37:417 (14,15,16,17,18,19,20) - decrease the distance of the jumps
  30. 02:38:621 - triple
  31. 03:34:640 - unnecessary break time
Good Luck~ ;)
- raspy
Here's the mod from my queue:

SPOILER
I would suggest a remap, and do it on something much shorter so that remapping isn't such a pain.
Most of the issues in this map come from simple structure issues or other generic issues that will even themselves out with more mapping.
This includes issues such as slider structure or simply positioning of notes.
It's difficult to mod maps like these, because the person who made the jump map might have the structure base in their mind but I wouldn't.
The sliders at the beginning up until 00:06:421 - are too curved, try to fix them
00:12:922 (1) - This is unnecessary, try to just use a normal, long slider for this
00:28:292 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This star is really thin and 6 doesn't properly overlap 1.
00:29:588 (7,8) - 7 isn't properly blanketed by 8
01:00:885 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern has a nice idea, but isn't executed in a way that looks nice
01:35:528 (8) - This slider structure doesn't look right
01:39:417 - to 01:45:806 - these sliders don't look right
01:46:824 (5,6) - Blanketing of 6 is off by a few pixels
02:23:131 (1,2) - These sliders are way too curved
02:31:121 (2) - I understand what you were going for with this, but it wasn't executed right. It looks a little lopsided
02:50:010 (9,10) - Blanketing of 10 is off by a few pixels
02:52:973 (1,2,3) - This isn't a perfect triangle. Never use Create Polygon Circles, just create two circles and CTRL+Shift+R at 120 degrees to make a triangle.
02:53:529 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Same goes for these two
02:54:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - 7 in this pattern doesn't look positioned right
03:02:973 (3,4,5,6,7) - ^ + off-center
03:52:790 (1,2,3) - These are far too curved and were unexpected during a playtest.
04:31:308 (1,2,3) - Almost a perfect triangle
04:34:271 (1,2,3) - Almost a perfect triangle
04:43:159 (1,2,3,4) - Too curved. Try to avoid having the slider end circle overlap the head
04:49:085 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - ^
05:03:913 (39) - That's one really long combo. Try to add a few New Combos in there. (Go for like a 24 combo max, depending on the map)
05:06:135 (1,2,3,4) - Too curved...

All of these are issues that'll fix themselves over time if you just map more. Don't let up, mapping is a long and tedious process.
Never give up! :)
Topic Starter
Envvi

Tar Curunir wrote:

Hello! From my modding queue

General
This map has a lot of basic issues that will resolve itself if you map more. Those problems include spacing, combo colours, object placement, playability and that general "polished" look ranked maps have (I'm assuming you're going for ranked since you're asking for mods)
I've modded an excerpt, because those same issues permeate your entire map. I guess what I'm trying to say is: Try to add more structure to your map and ask yourself why you add/omit NCs, why spacing should increase/decrease, why a certain pattern fits/doesn't fit a music section.
I really hope you don't take offense to what I just said. Despite having many issues, your map has some great patterns and slider shapes. You're more than welcome to ask me for another mod if you resolved some of those issues.

Suki
00:53:477 (1,2,3,4) - the spacing between these 4 notes is too large Supposed to be larger than the previous two as the vocals pick up, but I've toned it down
00:54:959 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Make the spacing the same as you did before. I do want the spacing to become larger, but I've toned it down (0.4 spacing now)
01:05:536 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - genereally stay away from exponentially expanding streams if the song doesn't warrant it I think it fits here,
plays 10x better than just a regular stream, although I'm up for suggestions for other designs

01:07:565 (5) - NC I'm not sure if I agree with these NC every 4 jumps, since the vocal is still consistent and I don't like distracting players with new colors during jumps, but if I get other mods saying the same thing I'll change
01:08:306 (9) - NC
01:09:602 (1) - Don't NC this note Fixed thanks
01:09:787 (2) - NC this one instead, since it's on a white tick Fixed thanks
01:10:528 (6) - NC
01:11:269 (10) - NC
01:12:565 (1) - Don't NC this note Fixed thanks
01:12:750 (2) - NC this instead Fixed thanks
01:13:491 (6) - NC
01:14:232 (10) - NC
01:14:973 (14,1,2) - this jump pattern doesn't make sense. Okay, changed to triple then quad then the last two notes go with the next combo
01:15:158 (1,2,3,1) - try to make the spacing of the gradually bigger jumps more consistent Moved 3 slightly down so spacing is more consistent
01:16:269 (4) - NC Added
01:16:824 (7) - NC Added on the next note instead since that changes into the jump pattern
01:19:417 (1,11) - 01:22:380 (1,11) - I'd NC these sections too, but they're debatable
01:25:343 (5) - NC
01:26:269 (10) - NC
01:27:565 (1) - Make this stream start in the same position as 01:27:010 (1) Fixed. Moved the triangle to compensate
01:35:528 (8) - Make this slider body prettier Okay, made a smooth zigzag now, fits the vocals better
01:38:862 (8) - ^ Not sure what to do with this one, but made a new slider that looks more polished
01:39:417 (1,6,1,6,1) - add a red anchor point instead of a grey one here. Makes the sliders sharper Changed all relevant sliders. Fixed some positions too
02:02:750 (1) - Don't NC this note Okay
02:04:232 (4) - Switch the slider head with the slider end. This pattern is confusing to play Changed
02:24:612 (5) - NC
02:25:353 (9) - NC
02:27:217 (2) - This slider should be as far away from the center as 02:26:834 (1) Fixed
That applies to the following sliders as well. That gives your map a more polished look.
02:32:973 (2) - NC each of these triples
Really appreciate your mod, thanks!
Topic Starter
Envvi

yShadowXOP_ wrote:

Loli's Mod Queue

NM

yShadowXOP_ wrote:

Suki:

1. 00:21:440 - here you can hear beats on the blue ticks, you can put stream here 00:21:811 - Personally I wasn't a big fan of putting streams at all in this map, but the short speed-up streamed worked out for me. I think this is a personal opinion, but the 1/4 stream BPM is lower than what I'm used to, so I try to avoid it. Only in the end do I use streams but even then I cut it up with sliders (used to be one bit stream)
  2. 00:21:996 (4) - man, does not put slider extremely slow in a fast part of the song, besides being uncomfortable this is still confusing in a playing Changed to x1 speed, parallel to the following jumps
  3. 00:24:774 - there's sound in the blue ticks. Nice catch, toned down spacing and used kick sliders, sounds good. Did the same with 01:50:527 (4)
  4. 00:26:811 (5) - NC Added
  5. 00:27:181 (6,7) - a little more space between these sliders Fixed
  6. 00:29:774 (8) - NC Added
  7. 00:35:885 (6) - stack the end of the slider in the 00:35:144 (4) - Fixed
  8. 00:35:514 (5) - NC Added
  9. 00:36:718 - triple Thanks for this, fixed, plays well now
  10. 00:46:625 (3) - fix stack Fixed
  11. 01:05:628 (4) - remove no have sound Fixed these, I think either way it plays well but removing it does cater the original sound more.
    Since I already have a speed up stream later on that feels better I replaced this with just single taps
  12. 01:05:814 (6) - ^
  13. 01:05:999 (8) - ^
  14. 01:08:306 (9) - NC Added
  15. 01:11:825 (13) - ^I placed on 9 instead
  16. 01:12:658 - triple Trying this out
  17. 01:18:121 - add stream Difficult to read with a stream here (you mean 5 notes right)
  18. 01:19:047 (3,3) - arrange the blanket Originally blanketed the slider head previously, but yeah this makes more sense
  19. 01:23:769 - triple [/color]
  20. 01:24:139 - ^
  21. 01:43:862 (6,7) - this is extremely uncomfortable Fixed so the next note leads from the slider
  22. 02:10:528 (1) - this slider should end here 02:10:899 - Fixed
  23. 02:20:168 (1,2) - here you put circle but here 02:23:131 (1,2) - you changed the flow, why? Fixed to be all just circles
  24. 02:26:186 - triple Added
  25. 02:30:566 - add circle Changed this to be a 5 stack
  26. 02:30:658 - ^
  27. 02:34:084 (11) - NC
  28. 02:37:788 (16) - ^
  29. 02:37:417 (14,15,16,17,18,19,20) - decrease the distance of the jumps Made the jumps better, especially on the last two notes
  30. 02:38:621 - triple Added
  31. 03:34:640 - unnecessary break time I think a short break is okay in a marathon map, if I think of something great to add here then I'll reconsider
Good Luck~ ;)
Thanks a lot! I appreciate it
Topic Starter
Envvi

- raspy wrote:

Here's the mod from my queue:

SPOILER
I would suggest a remap, and do it on something much shorter so that remapping isn't such a pain.
Most of the issues in this map come from simple structure issues or other generic issues that will even themselves out with more mapping.
This includes issues such as slider structure or simply positioning of notes.
It's difficult to mod maps like these, because the person who made the jump map might have the structure base in their mind but I wouldn't.
The sliders at the beginning up until 00:06:421 - are too curved, try to fix them I used the curved sliders in the beginning to signal calmness,
then it flattens out until 00:11:051 (1)

00:12:922 (1) - This is unnecessary, try to just use a normal, long slider for this Subjective opinion I guess, a long slider here after testing is just boring
00:28:292 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This star is really thin and 6 doesn't properly overlap 1. Fixed the overlap, but the thinness is to emphasize the vertical jumps present in this map and the lack of horizontal ones
00:29:588 (7,8) - 7 isn't properly blanketed by 8 Nicer now
01:00:885 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern has a nice idea, but isn't executed in a way that looks nice Fixed execution, should look a lot better now
01:35:528 (8) - This slider structure doesn't look right I think I fixed a lot of these sliders in two previous mods, can't remember now, but looks good to me now
01:39:417 - to 01:45:806 - these sliders don't look right
01:46:824 (5,6) - Blanketing of 6 is off by a few pixels This was restructured a bit, but made sure to blanket
02:23:131 (1,2) - These sliders are way too curved Changed to single notes in previous mod
02:31:121 (2) - I understand what you were going for with this, but it wasn't executed right. It looks a little lopsided Should look better now
02:50:010 (9,10) - Blanketing of 10 is off by a few pixels Fixed
02:52:973 (1,2,3) - This isn't a perfect triangle. Never use Create Polygon Circles, just create two circles and CTRL+Shift+R at 120 degrees to make a triangle. Fixed thanks
02:53:529 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Same goes for these two Fixed
02:54:640 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - 7 in this pattern doesn't look positioned right Slightly adjusted
03:02:973 (3,4,5,6,7) - ^ + off-center Fixed
03:52:790 (1,2,3) - These are far too curved and were unexpected during a playtest. I think these are fine
04:31:308 (1,2,3) - Almost a perfect triangle Triangles fixed
04:34:271 (1,2,3) - Almost a perfect triangle
04:43:159 (1,2,3,4) - Too curved. Try to avoid having the slider end circle overlap the head Curved to emphasize the slow part. I think at this AR it's fine to have that overlap (the overlap is buffered but the opposite slider as well)
04:49:085 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - ^
05:03:913 (39) - That's one really long combo. Try to add a few New Combos in there. (Go for like a 24 combo max, depending on the map) Put in some extra NC in there, the longest one is still 31 though
05:06:135 (1,2,3,4) - Too curved... I think it's fine

All of these are issues that'll fix themselves over time if you just map more. Don't let up, mapping is a long and tedious process.
Never give up! :)

Thanks so much for the mod!
PotatoJet
cool song

side note: You're pretty good at mapping for a new mapper since this is your first map (or u had previous but u deleted them)

Suki
00:03:241 (1,2,3,4) feels..too close to each other
00:04:571 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,8,10,11) same as ^
02:31:121 (2) weird slider...
05:01:228 (10) nc
02:57:973 (1,2,3) fix these sliders
03:01:678 (7) doesn't really match with most of the map's sliders as they're all curved except this one.
03:53:627 (1,2,3) are these sliders even rankable? (I'm not sure)

Sorry for short mod :cry:
but I hope it helps

Good luck!
Topic Starter
Envvi

PotatoJet wrote:

cool song

side note: You're pretty good at mapping for a new mapper since this is your first map (or u had previous but u deleted them) Thanks

Suki
I think your version is a little older? Some changes already applied by previous mod :D
00:03:241 (1,2,3,4) feels..too close to each other I think it's fine at the start, and emphasize the slowness
00:04:571 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,8,10,11) same as ^
02:31:121 (2) weird slider... I've changed it to be less weird in a previous mod, if I get another complaint about this slider I might remove it
05:01:228 (10) nc 05:01:135 (1) Added new NC in a previous mod
02:57:973 (1,2,3) fix these sliders I wanted to emphasize this part's sharpness, the third one is replaced by a note now to fit rhythm better
03:01:678 (7) doesn't really match with most of the map's sliders as they're all curved except this one. Starting from 02:56:492 (1) there is a short period of sharp sliders for the sharp vocals. In addition I moved things around here from a previous mod.
03:53:627 (1,2,3) are these sliders even rankable? (I'm not sure) I went and read the ranking criteria again and there wasn't a section on slider ending where it started. (Unless it curves backwards then in which case it can't be ranked because it's unreadable) but I think this is perfectly readable and it's slow too. I'll have it double checked later though!

Sorry for short mod :cry:
but I hope it helps

Good luck!
I'm sure you have a backlog of mod requests, any amount of modding helps! Thanks
FiddleBlue
Hi from queue.
TrySail and HoneyWorks are a match in the heaven.

Please note that this is my first time writing something like this. Some may be vague or whatever. I hope my points are clear and somewhat flawless.

Also, please color code your mod response. All of them in red will make it seem you disagree with everything. It's usually like this: green for agreement, red for disagreement and blue for other reasons.

You should check Pishifat's YouTube channel for mapping tutorials if you haven't.
Timing

• You seem to reset the metronome on red ticks on some occasion. Usually the music may prioritize the red tick; it won't always be the white. This usually happen for a short period of time which is why a reset wouldn't be necessary. One example would be this part 01:08:862 - . The vocals prioritize the red vocal for only two and a half beats, making a new timing here would be pointless.

With that, sometimes the music might change to prioritizing red ticks permanently or for a long duration, making a metronome reset to be needed. I would say that at least a measure of it would be good.

You also seem to be putting weird places to start a measure on. I would suggest you listen to the song and mark each section in which it sounds different before resetting the metronome on a certain part that can be unnecessary, or supposed to be put in another time. One example would be 03:51:326 - , the true timing would be the starting of this guitar solo, which is 03:29:084 - . The timing point there will be applied to not only the part where it's originally on, but for the whole solo to be wonderfully timed.

I would say these timing points are not needed:
  1. 01:08:862 -
  2. 01:09:787 -
  3. 02:27:217 -
  4. 02:29:455 -
  5. 03:52:420 -
  6. 03:52:790 -
  7. 04:54:654 - It's already correct.
A change in timing:
  1. Move 00:11:626 - to 00:11:051 - as the strong sound and the starting of this section is from here.
  2. 00:13:477 - Add a timing point here as the drum sounds are here not one beat before.
  3. 02:31:121 - Timing point here.
  4. 02:32:788 - Here too, a different music is starting and it being the start of a measure is necessary.
  5. 03:29:084 - A timing point here, resetting the metronome so that it'll adjust to the guitar. With that, remove 03:51:326 - .
  6. 04:02:975 - Timing point here as there's a really strong sound and it's repeated for quite a while.
  7. 04:06:123 - This is probably better if place on 04:07:604 - .

Then again, I'm not an expert in timing and it could be just a wrong time signature. I suggest you ask a timing expert to check it.

Overmapping
The map is full of overmapped stuff from streams to triples. Please note that overmapping without any valid reason is confirmed unrankable. Some reasons to overmapped are to simplify rhythm and better playability. Check Pishifat's video on overmapping for more info. Basically, even though it looks cool, if it's not supported by the music then it's not advised to.

Anyway, as I said there's a lot of overmapping issues. I'll state them (may not cover all): 01:27:565 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - The pattern here is supposed to be a circle and a triple in repeat until the next measure, and not a full stream. I don't think it's necessary to simplify it to a full stream as it’s timed with 1/2 gap in between, which is normal on most maps.

02:31:121 (15,16,17,18,19,20,21) - There are no sounds on the blue tick, so I suggest you delete them and make these into a jump or something.

02:32:973 (1,2,3) - Triples like this are clearly overmapping as the song in this kiai section is similar with the first and third kiai. I suggest you listen to them in 25% playback and 0% sound to check if there's a sound or not, and perhaps not all of them are really overmapped.

04:55:024 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25) - The music here is snapped to 1/2, so the circle on the blue ticks are overmapped. It may look cool or somewhat appropriate, but keep in mind that you're making a map that follows the music. This also apply to later streams.

Additional Mod
  1. Check AiMod. There are a couple of things you should correct stated by it.
  2. 00:03:828 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Seems weird that the part before and after being snapped with a divisor of 1/1 while here it's 1/2. It might be because you are following the vocals, but it doesn't really prioritize it. If it's the music it's prioritizing then it should be consistent with the rest. If the rest are 1/1 sliders then this should too. If it is indeed following the vocal, I think it the rhythm should be something like this: https://i.gyazo.com/ee40c495b4fc3e8b1d7 ... 7f6067.png
    I think it follows the vocal more with vocals being on where the vocal is either held for 1/2 beat, or there's no sound in the next 1/2 beat.
  3. 00:12:922 (1) - I think this is loud, as the vocals aren't that loud. Also, I think making this a repeating 1/8 slider is a bit too much as the vocals are only on the red and white tick. Perhaps change it to two stacked circles or a 1/2 slider.
  4. 00:17:737 (6,7) - The flow here is really uncomfortable. I can see that it's intended, but why not make it as 00:14:774 (6,7) - ? It breaks circular flow in a more comfortable way as the movement from the circle and into the slider body makes a sharp angle rather than 00:17:737 (6,7) - which did it by using a wide angle.
  5. 00:22:366 (1,4) - I would space these more as they have stronger sounds than the rest. So by spacing them more, it'll emphasize the difference in sounds.
  6. 00:26:070 (3) - Circular flow is reversed here, and I think it shouldn't as there are no changes in the music.
  7. 00:36:625 (1,2,3) - I would delete the circle in the middle to emphasize the "baka" more.
  8. 00:46:996 (4,1) - I would blanket these since them being overlapped is kinda messy.
  9. 01:05:166 (2) - NC since strong sound, and new measure.
  10. 01:07:195 (3,1) - Perhaps overlap these.
  11. 01:08:862 (4) - Kinda weird that this one here uses an uncomfortable flow, while 01:11:825 (4) - doesn't. I think it should be consistent as it's a similar sound.
  12. 01:20:343 (6,8) - Blanket is too near, I would space them out at least until there's a gap between the slider border and circle.
  13. 02:35:195 (2,3) - I think it's weird that you emphasize the vocal with the slider before but here you don't.
  14. 02:42:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - The is kinda messy and visually looks bad. Try not to overlap things and look at other maps with a similar style to see how it's structured.
  15. 02:56:492 (1,2,3,4) - Instead of them overlapping with one another, why not make them into an octagon shaped, like this: https://i.gyazo.com/646d92f793d9379b5d7 ... 3ad56a.png
  16. 03:05:380 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2) - For this section, I think it's better if you put a spinner on 03:05:473 - until 03:08:343 - and make the rest of the section a break as the song is very calm. If you're concerning it not having a 5:00 min drain time, I think considering the next one would fix it.
  17. 03:29:269 - Why don't you map this guitar solo section? I think it's weird that it's not mapped but a calm section got mapped.
  18. 03:47:603 (4) - If you're having trouble making a wave slider, this tutorial will help: https://youtu.be/Pn6ugWa825A
  19. 04:07:234 (2,3,1) - These could be a stream. You can make it to one if you like.
  20. 04:09:641 (12,13) - I think it's better if the flow from the slider is direct to the circle.
  21. 04:31:678 (3) - I think making this not repeated would make the vocal more impactful.
  22. 04:34:641 (3) - ^
  23. 04:43:159 (1,2) - Why not make one of them a copy of another that is just flip?
The map might have quite some problem, but it's pretty good for a new mapper.
Hope this helps!
Good luck on your mapping journey!
Sandrew
as you req
suki
[general]
open aimod to check some too long combo, add some nc
make sure all your inherited points are on a line, not between them
In my opinion, this map is much like unrank style, you will need to change most big jump with circles and short sliders
like you did in 00:24:588 (7,8,9,10) - and so on
find more 1/4 rhythms in this song and follow them
there are so many honeyworks ranked maps which have similar music style, you can get more experience from them when you make this
this storyboard is nice, it can move the players who know the bg boy and girl's story, but it will be better with lyric
[problems on patterns]
I will give some advice on other patterns below
00:00:866 (1) - the starting sliders don't follow the vocal nor the piano, a ex diff won't make beats like this
00:03:828 (1) - you start to follow the vocal here, why not use the same beat before?if you are worry about a too hard starting, you can follow the vocal with more sliders and less notes, not follow vocal for a while and then make your own beats
00:25:329 (1) - you choose to follow the drum beat here, but this will make your beats a little simple, players can get bored, try to follow the vocal in order to make your beats more complex, and also use more 1/1 sliders to ease the verse part, when vocal are not here, you can follow a little drum
00:32:366 (4,1) - this overlap looks not nice, make sure you don't have similar patterns in this diff
00:36:625 (1,2,3) - a 1/4 slider with a circle can follow the drum and the 'baka' much well
00:43:107 (1,2) - this overlap looks not nice, make sure you don't have similar patterns in this diff
01:27:564 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - this stream is a overmap, make sure it's fit to the song
01:39:417 (1) - this kind of slider doesn't fit in your patterns
02:02:565 (1,2) - this 'baka' is the same
02:14:983 (1) - find the 1/4 beats in this part and add them, this will make your beats more interesting
03:04:825 (8) - long sliders combination starting from here looks not nice, you can get nice shape in most new ranked maps, and also don't overlap them in a bad way
03:29:269 (1) - this part use spin to express the vocal is not right in a ex diff, follow the guitar track can make players have more fun
03:52:790 (1) - you can make a break time here, not make guitar solo part a break time, and also, a slider which can't see its tail is forbidden
I guess that's all
Stack
I read Fiddleblue's mod real quick and what he said is pretty much on poin there was just one more thing I wanted to add and that is that your map lacks structure

When looking at your map I can't see many clearly defined patterns or ideas, it seems like stuff was placed like this beacause it made a polygon or just beacause it flows well, there doesn't seem to be thought put into the fact of "Is this circle in the jumpsection more important than the other circles?"

02:41:677 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Lets take these for example
The sounds on 02:41:677 (1) - and 02:42:232 (4) - are clearly the most important and a lot louder than all the other sounds in this section so far bu they are mapped with exactly the same kind of sharp angle as all the others.
What you could have done is something like the image below to make sure the important sounds actually stand out with bigger spacing

04:16:493 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - another example here
04:16:493 (1,2,4,6) - these circles are clearly the ones that need more emphasis than the others not mentioned but the map does not reflect this in any way, it just continues the back-and-forth pattern it started at 04:16:493 (1) -

General consensus is just to not map jumps beacause there are sounds on every red and white tick but instead try to map jumps to complement the song and its rhythm

03:29:269 (1) - also this, nothing to do with structure but why isn't this mapped, it's a super intense part of the song, so you can leave the vocal alone for a while and focus on the guitar

gl with the map :)
Topic Starter
Envvi

FiddleBlue wrote:

Hi from queue.
TrySail and HoneyWorks are a match in the heaven.

Please note that this is my first time writing something like this. Some may be vague or whatever. I hope my points are clear and somewhat flawless.

Also, please color code your mod response. All of them in red will make it seem you disagree with everything. It's usually like this: green for agreement, red for disagreement and blue for other reasons. Okay I'll do that from now on

You should check Pishifat's YouTube channel for mapping tutorials if you haven't.
Timing

• You seem to reset the metronome on red ticks on some occasion. Usually the music may prioritize the red tick; it won't always be the white. This usually happen for a short period of time which is why a reset wouldn't be necessary. One example would be this part 01:08:862 - . The vocals prioritize the red vocal for only two and a half beats, making a new timing here would be pointless. The offset actually changes a few times in the song. I talked with a couple of previous modders about this as well, and in the end it's agreed that the song does change offset a few times. I made sure to listen to the whole song on 25% multiple times and carefully adjusted the offset where necessary so the timing would be best.

With that, sometimes the music might change to prioritizing red ticks permanently or for a long duration, making a metronome reset to be needed. I would say that at least a measure of it would be good.

You also seem to be putting weird places to start a measure on. I would suggest you listen to the song and mark each section in which it sounds different before resetting the metronome on a certain part that can be unnecessary, or supposed to be put in another time. One example would be 03:51:326 - , the true timing would be the starting of this guitar solo, which is 03:29:084 - . The timing point there will be applied to not only the part where it's originally on, but for the whole solo to be wonderfully timed. I put it there intentionally because there was an offset change. If you listen to 03:48:343 (1) the stream is well-timed, but where I put the new timing section the offset changes

I would say these timing points are not needed:
  1. 01:08:862 -
  2. 01:09:787 -
  3. 02:27:217 -
  4. 02:29:455 -
  5. 03:52:420 -
  6. 03:52:790 -
  7. 04:54:654 - It's already correct.
A change in timing:
  1. Move 00:11:626 - to 00:11:051 - as the strong sound and the starting of this section is from here. The offset actually changes here,
    this applies to a lot of the suggestions
  2. 00:13:477 - Add a timing point here as the drum sounds are here not one beat before. For a lot of these the inherited timing wasn't snapped. Not a big deal but for editor aesthetics I've snapped them
  3. 02:31:121 - Timing point here.
  4. 02:32:788 - Here too, a different music is starting and it being the start of a measure is necessary.
  5. 03:29:084 - A timing point here, resetting the metronome so that it'll adjust to the guitar. With that, remove 03:51:326 - .
  6. 04:02:975 - Timing point here as there's a really strong sound and it's repeated for quite a while.
  7. 04:06:123 - This is probably better if place on 04:07:604 - .

Then again, I'm not an expert in timing and it could be just a wrong time signature. I suggest you ask a timing expert to check it.

Overmapping
The map is full of overmapped stuff from streams to triples. Please note that overmapping without any valid reason is confirmed unrankable. Some reasons to overmapped are to simplify rhythm and better playability. Check Pishifat's video on overmapping for more info. Basically, even though it looks cool, if it's not supported by the music then it's not advised to. Actually I believe none of the triples are overmapped. A lot of the triples are from mods who heared sounds on the blue ticks and reported it to me, so in appropriate places I've changed them to triples. There's only three streams in the song, and I believe all of them fit okay. I certainly don't think this map is overmapped, as least it's a lot relaxing to play than a lot of 180bpm+ 1/2 jump no slider maps

Anyway, as I said there's a lot of overmapping issues. I'll state them (may not cover all): 01:27:565 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - The pattern here is supposed to be a circle and a triple in repeat until the next measure, and not a full stream. I don't think it's necessary to simplify it to a full stream as it’s timed with 1/2 gap in between, which is normal on most maps. I'm not sure if I agree that this is unnecessary, if I keep to 1/2 jumps and 1/2 sliders I think it would make the section very bland. I think the gentle readable stream into the three slightly spaced triples is a good fit (since the three triples are actually on beat with the drums). I do agree a bit though that there is not much music to warrant the stream but it's very short and I think it fits well (subjective opinion) I'll take a look if there are more mentions about this

02:31:121 (15,16,17,18,19,20,21) - There are no sounds on the blue tick, so I suggest you delete them and make these into a jump or something. You must have an older map. I agree this part was off so I changed it to a slider and a few 1/2 circles

02:32:973 (1,2,3) - Triples like this are clearly overmapping as the song in this kiai section is similar with the first and third kiai. I suggest you listen to them in 25% playback and 0% sound to check if there's a sound or not, and perhaps not all of them are really overmapped. I don't see it anymore, must have changed it already

04:55:024 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25) - The music here is snapped to 1/2, so the circle on the blue ticks are overmapped. It may look cool or somewhat appropriate, but keep in mind that you're making a map that follows the music. This also apply to later streams. Here I'm actually following the vocals. Steadily playing the stream represents holding the vocal on the note, and since it's easy to overstream this low bpm if you're bad at streaming like me I think it does the vocals justice

Additional Mod
  1. Check AiMod. There are a couple of things you should correct stated by it. There's actually just mention of the stream needing new combos, but since it's one consistently held vocal note I don't really want to add NC anywhere in there
  2. 00:03:828 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Seems weird that the part before and after being snapped with a divisor of 1/1 while here it's 1/2. It might be because you are following the vocals, but it doesn't really prioritize it. If it's the music it's prioritizing then it should be consistent with the rest. If the rest are 1/1 sliders then this should too. If it is indeed following the vocal, I think it the rhythm should be something like this: https://i.gyazo.com/ee40c495b4fc3e8b1d7 ... 7f6067.png
    I think it follows the vocal more with vocals being on where the vocal is either held for 1/2 beat, or there's no sound in the next 1/2 beat. Hey good call, I've changed it to your screenshot
  3. 00:12:922 (1) - I think this is loud, as the vocals aren't that loud. Also, I think making this a repeating 1/8 slider is a bit too much as the vocals are only on the red and white tick. Perhaps change it to two stacked circles or a 1/2 slider. Yeah it was loud. I changed to two circles we'll see how that holds up
  4. 00:17:737 (6,7) - The flow here is really uncomfortable. I can see that it's intended, but why not make it as 00:14:774 (6,7) - ? It breaks circular flow in a more comfortable way as the movement from the circle and into the slider body makes a sharp angle rather than 00:17:737 (6,7) - which did it by using a wide angle. Okay, I've changed it so the slider goes inwards, should play better as well as lead better into the next few jumps
  5. 00:22:366 (1,4) - I would space these more as they have stronger sounds than the rest. So by spacing them more, it'll emphasize the difference in sounds. Spaced them out a little
  6. 00:26:070 (3) - Circular flow is reversed here, and I think it shouldn't as there are no changes in the music. That's a fine criticism, I've reversed the previous two sliders to match
  7. 00:36:625 (1,2,3) - I would delete the circle in the middle to emphasize the "baka" more. I had it like that before, but I like the triple more, since it goes with the drum and I think it's more memorable than just two 1/2 circles
  8. 00:46:996 (4,1) - I would blanket these since them being overlapped is kinda messy. I have it blanketed by 3 now, still overlaps 4. I'll see if this needs additional change
  9. 01:05:166 (2) - NC since strong sound, and new measure. OK
  10. 01:07:195 (3,1) - Perhaps overlap these. OK
  11. 01:08:862 (4) - Kinda weird that this one here uses an uncomfortable flow, while 01:11:825 (4) - doesn't. I think it should be consistent as it's a similar sound. Was asked about this before. I said I'll change if I receive additional comments. I've changed it
  12. 01:20:343 (6,8) - Blanket is too near, I would space them out at least until there's a gap between the slider border and circle. OK
  13. 02:35:195 (2,3) - I think it's weird that you emphasize the vocal with the slider before but here you don't. I think this is fine
  14. 02:42:973 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - The is kinda messy and visually looks bad. Try not to overlap things and look at other maps with a similar style to see how it's structured. Made it better and easier to play
  15. 02:56:492 (1,2,3,4) - Instead of them overlapping with one another, why not make them into an octagon shaped, like this: https://i.gyazo.com/646d92f793d9379b5d7 ... 3ad56a.png Thanks!
  16. 03:05:380 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,1,2) - For this section, I think it's better if you put a spinner on 03:05:473 - until 03:08:343 - and make the rest of the section a break as the song is very calm. If you're concerning it not having a 5:00 min drain time, I think considering the next one would fix it. I'd like to keep this
  17. 03:29:269 - Why don't you map this guitar solo section? I think it's weird that it's not mapped but a calm section got mapped. I've mapped the guitar solo now!
  18. 03:47:603 (4) - If you're having trouble making a wave slider, this tutorial will help: https://youtu.be/Pn6ugWa825A Thank you
  19. 04:07:234 (2,3,1) - These could be a stream. You can make it to one if you like. I'll think about it
  20. 04:09:641 (12,13) - I think it's better if the flow from the slider is direct to the circle. OK
  21. 04:31:678 (3) - I think making this not repeated would make the vocal more impactful. I was thinking this too
  22. 04:34:641 (3) - ^
  23. 04:43:159 (1,2) - Why not make one of them a copy of another that is just flip? I must have missed this. Changed the next two sliders too
The map might have quite some problem, but it's pretty good for a new mapper.
Hope this helps!
Good luck on your mapping journey! Thanks your mod was very helpful!
Topic Starter
Envvi

Sandrew wrote:

as you req
suki
[general]
open aimod to check some too long combo, add some nc
make sure all your inherited points are on a line, not between them
In my opinion, this map is much like unrank style, you will need to change most big jump with circles and short sliders
like you did in 00:24:588 (7,8,9,10) - and so on
find more 1/4 rhythms in this song and follow them
there are so many honeyworks ranked maps which have similar music style, you can get more experience from them when you make this
this storyboard is nice, it can move the players who know the bg boy and girl's story, but it will be better with lyric
[problems on patterns]
I will give some advice on other patterns below
00:00:866 (1) - the starting sliders don't follow the vocal nor the piano, a ex diff won't make beats like this But it follows the 1/1 beat of the piano
00:03:828 (1) - you start to follow the vocal here, why not use the same beat before?if you are worry about a too hard starting, you can follow the vocal with more sliders and less notes, not follow vocal for a while and then make your own beats I changed this up a little, but I think the faster vocals warrant me following it here
00:25:329 (1) - you choose to follow the drum beat here, but this will make your beats a little simple, players can get bored, try to follow the vocal in order to make your beats more complex, and also use more 1/1 sliders to ease the verse part, when vocal are not here, you can follow a little drum I followed both the drums and the vocals (since the vocals are kind of on the drums here). And I did use 1/1 slider on long vocals such as 00:32:737 (1) -
00:32:366 (4,1) - this overlap looks not nice, make sure you don't have similar patterns in this diff OK
00:36:625 (1,2,3) - a 1/4 slider with a circle can follow the drum and the 'baka' much well I like it
00:43:107 (1,2) - this overlap looks not nice, make sure you don't have similar patterns in this diff I think I fixed it in a previous mod
01:27:564 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - this stream is a overmap, make sure it's fit to the song Got this comment before, fixed now
01:39:417 (1) - this kind of slider doesn't fit in your patterns I will change it in the future
02:02:565 (1,2) - this 'baka' is the same OK
02:14:983 (1) - find the 1/4 beats in this part and add them, this will make your beats more interesting I'll consider in the future
03:04:825 (8) - long sliders combination starting from here looks not nice, you can get nice shape in most new ranked maps, and also don't overlap them in a bad way I might alter them in the future, thanks
03:29:269 (1) - this part use spin to express the vocal is not right in a ex diff, follow the guitar track can make players have more fun Added in a previous mod
03:52:790 (1) - you can make a break time here, not make guitar solo part a break time, and also, a slider which can't see its tail is forbidden OK, changed
I guess that's all Thanks for the mod, very useful. Sorry for long delay in response, I was away for a while!
Topic Starter
Envvi

Gottagof4st wrote:

I read Fiddleblue's mod real quick and what he said is pretty much on poin there was just one more thing I wanted to add and that is that your map lacks structure

When looking at your map I can't see many clearly defined patterns or ideas, it seems like stuff was placed like this beacause it made a polygon or just beacause it flows well, there doesn't seem to be thought put into the fact of "Is this circle in the jumpsection more important than the other circles?"

02:41:677 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Lets take these for example
The sounds on 02:41:677 (1) - and 02:42:232 (4) - are clearly the most important and a lot louder than all the other sounds in this section so far bu they are mapped with exactly the same kind of sharp angle as all the others.
What you could have done is something like the image below to make sure the important sounds actually stand out with bigger spacing
Thanks, I did something similar like this

04:16:493 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - another example here
04:16:493 (1,2,4,6) - these circles are clearly the ones that need more emphasis than the others not mentioned but the map does not reflect this in any way, it just continues the back-and-forth pattern it started at 04:16:493 (1) - This I'll think further, I tried to follow the intensity of the drums as well as the vocals and not just the vocals. I like this part and not sure how to make it better as well as to fit what you're suggesting

General consensus is just to not map jumps beacause there are sounds on every red and white tick but instead try to map jumps to complement the song and its rhythm Ok I'll take a look later and see what I can change

03:29:269 (1) - also this, nothing to do with structure but why isn't this mapped, it's a super intense part of the song, so you can leave the vocal alone for a while and focus on the guitar Mapped!

gl with the map :) Thanks!
Topic Starter
Envvi
Just updated the map, notable changes:

Nerfed ending stream. Still nice as a closer but not as brutal anymore.
Reversed some kick-sliders' direction.
Rearranged start of second chorus.

Was whispered in-game to update the map since I guess some people enjoy it, which I appreciate!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.