forum

[Archived] Getting Fps drops and stutter!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JackProphecy
Problem Details:

I recently upgraded my gpu to the nvidia gtx 1060 from an old amd hd 7000 (which ran the game perfectly) i am now getting huge fps drops during songs and its not just small ones they're really bad but the real issue is i am finding i only get the issues with these drops from osu everything else such as gta, pubg, counterstrike etc all are fine and run smooth!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170616.1 (latest)
Lacrimosa
Have you tried restarting your PC after the updates were applied? It's common to encounter FPS drops after an update.
Topic Starter
JackProphecy
I have had the graphics card a week now and have restarted several times
KenZ
have you done this ?

Topic Starter
JackProphecy
Yeah its on by default already!
sHootR
Enable "reduce dropped frames" in the settings menu and let osu! detect performance issues for you. This should help!
Topic Starter
JackProphecy
That's. already on
sHootR
Did you got the latest drivers?
Topic Starter
JackProphecy
Yeah as I said I got this gfx card last week, I used nvidia control panel and got the latest driver installed, I was thinking it could be a driver problem, something affecting the game, but surely it would affect the others too but it doesn't... no other games stutter or drop as bad as osu, it's unplayable at times
sHootR
Yeah as I said I got this gfx card last week, I used nvidia control panel and got the latest driver installed, I was thinking it could be a driver problem, something affecting the game, but surely it would affect the others too but it doesn't... no other games stutter or drop as bad as osu, it's unplayable at times
Safe all folders in your osu! directory and reinstall osu!. Hopefully this will fix your problem.
Topic Starter
JackProphecy
As I said in the post I've done that a few times lol but thank you