forum

"Play Area" scorebar-bg dimensions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
autoteleology
This is the element I'm talking about.

I'm looking to make my own version of this so I can make some design decisions around it, but how exactly is/was the size of this element determined? What should the exact size of this element be?
Haskorion
Try an area of 960x720px.

I personally just made a map with circles in all four corners at rapid succession and absolutely no stacks and made square hitcircleoverlays with different coloured lines in the centre.

After that, knowing that the playfield is a 4:3 ratio area, I scaled a 4:3 box with forced proportions with the corners over the centre of the circles and scaled it one more time with CS 2 in mind.
h3oCharles
Do what just Haskorion said (btw, it's a rare occasion that you posted, I missed you a lot owo) and in case of dimensions of dim part are incorrect or the box is offset in some weird manor, try to trial and error the box... draw like some random line all over the place, see how it shows in game, rinse and repeat until you get the perfect size

16-9: 1366x768 (SD)
16-10: 1229x768 (SD)
Geroyuni
You can use these as templates (contains 16:9, 16:10, 21:9, @1x/@2x). I did cut out the right side because it was unused in my case, but if you're going to use that part, just expand the canvas until you have the same amount of pixels in both sides of the center box