forum

Ailsean, Kaijin - CastleVania 2 Bloody Hell.osz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Elmo_old
The fruits of my procrastination from studying ><

The song is an OC remix by Ailsean and Kaijin. The original song is called Bloody Tears (according to a friend of mine)

Duration ~ 3 minutes with 3 breaks in between to compensate for the length

Only Normal difficulty

http://peppy.chigau.com/files/Ailsean,%20Kaijin%20-%20CastleVania%202%20Bloody%20Hell.osz

Hope you enjoy it ^^

Should start studying ><"
awp
I love this effing song

alright let's do this
awp
Fantastic, dood. Very good use of sliders and spinners. But I think there are three things you can improve on:

1 - The background...it demands something badass, preferably involving fire
2 - The song has a speed sort of sound to it...if you can, perhaps adjust the beats so that the rings enclose around them faster. This will no doubt lead to a slightly more challenging Beatmap, but might also compliment the song a bit more.

My third and final criticism may arguably be my only valid one (as it's not based on personal preference) but here it is for you: the distortion guitars close to the end have somewhat awkward beats to them at times. I think, rather than doing two or three beats for some of the combo openings, you could do a one-repeat slider, to sort of capture the essence of a hammer-on/pull-off sound. Tamper around with it if you feel inclined to do so. That's the only part I wouldn't consider super-special-awesome.

Adding an easy mode never hurts, but I don't think it's necessary here.
Topic Starter
Elmo_old
Thanks for the feedback ^^ I'll work on those things and post up the new version as soon as it's done

Would be helpful if someone suggested a suitable background pic, I was planning to put in a random castlevania video at first, but didn't turn out very well ><

Edit: no point double posting ^^ I updated the beatmap, implemented the few changes outlined above, hopefully makes it better! (I hope :roll: )
tsububu
Umm, agreed with the needing more notes - as it is a fast song. Perhaps normal mode can be as is. But for a future hardmode should include more notes as it seemed to sparse.

Well done Elmo, goodluck beatmapping and studying.
awp
I see nothing wrong with Normal.

And when you've got the time, make with the Hard!