forum

Question about Mac OS X version of osu! and XQuartz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SosPesos
In the newest Mac OS X version of osu!(there are only 3 versions:alpha, fallback without update to newest, latest(newest) with update to newest). I have only 60 fps in game(Vsync) and if i choose 240 or 120 fps limit, it doesn't change.
P.S. I don't know english well. I didn't write "the" somewhere. I used punctuation "system" of russian language. Hope you understood me. DON'T WRITE SMTH LIKE "DOWNLOAD WINDOWS" PLS, BECAUSE I HATE THIS OS.
kai99
well, aight. fellow mac user here.
uhh... which version are you using though? i remember alpha release and stable only.
Topic Starter
SosPesos
There are two versions of osu! Stable - fallback(2015) and latest(2016). Now I use fallback, but want to switch to latest. I can't switch version to alpha or stable latest in 2015 port of osu! and have slider end circles and some another minuses. But in 2016 port of osu! I can switch osu! to latest(newest),alpha and other versions. I know only that osu! fallback uses X11(old emulator for making app from windows os usable on mac os) and osu! latest uses XQuartz(new one)
Jeni-Desu
From the fallback build, try updating the engine to WS9Wine 2.6
Try that
Topic Starter
SosPesos
Nothing changes
Topic Starter
SosPesos
Lol
I was doing some experiments(maybe i didn't write this word right) in osu! latest and then my fps became as in fallback, but idk how did it happen
1) Open package folder (Right click and this option is the next after "Open")
2) Then open Wineskin
After this step I don't know what you have to do or not so i wrote how i did in one of my experiments
3)Choose "Advanced"
4) Choose "Tools"(it's between "Configuration" and "Option")
5) In "Wrapper Tools" click on the "Change Engine Used" button and change it to WS9Wine(maybe you have to download it somewhere but I had already had it)
6) When click on the "Set screen options" button
7) In "Other options" tick "Use mac driver" and "Use Direct3d boost"
Done
I think here are some steps which doesn't change anything
Hope my "guide" will help someone
Jeni-Desu
Good job on your findings!

in osu! latest? so you use the client that peppy made in april 2016 i presume?
Topic Starter
SosPesos
Yes, osu! latest(not osu! "fallback forever" version)
Jeni-Desu
Wow, for all this time im trying to figure out how to play stable latest smoothly
but all we need to do was that step 7 of yours, its so easy it goes right under my nose xD

TLDR, thanks!
Loui
After I do your steps, it gives me the error message "unable to find a runtime to run this application."
How would I fix this?
Jeni-Desu

Loui wrote:

After I do your steps, it gives me the error message "unable to find a runtime to run this application."
How would I fix this?

Try relaunching the app :d