forum

[duplicate] [Osu!Mania] New unranked mod to make scroll speed a constant

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Spartan-
Alright, this has almost definitely been requested before, but I couldn't find it, so its worth a shot.

Basically, my idea is to add a new unranked mod that negates all SV's and BPM changes in a map so that no matter what, the notes will be falling at the same rate.
This will be a good mod for players who want to play a map with velocity changes but don't know how to, or for players who want to practice a memorisation map without trying it over and over again or using the editor to learn the notes.

It's not much, but it could make a big difference to some players.
Nitrous
BPM changes are still needed to time the notes perfectly. SV changes are really confusing but lets see what real mania players think about this.
johnmedina999
This is a thing in Stepmania.

I am against it because it would easily become a crutch mod, and people wouldn't be able to play without it. You can see this with SM players.

However, I am for it because it would just make everything so much easier.

All in all: I have no stance on this, I don't really know if we should have this or not.

-Nitrous wrote:

BPM changes are still needed to time the notes perfectly. SV changes are really confusing but lets see what real mania players think about this.
All this would do is cancel the visual change in BPM in a map, the change would still be there bit you just wouldn't see it.
abraker
Seijiro
duplicate ^

Also, why not just opening editor, press F6, select all timing points and make them go at x1.0 speed?
Caput Mortuum
because bpm changes affect scroll speed