forum

A NEW, cool and nicely designed intro (main menu interface) [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Miu Matsuoka
I've just recently played DJMax Technika in a game arcade, and I'm totally impressed of the effects and pulse of the "Insert Coin" interface. All those stuff (e.g. Logo, background, game title) are flashing and pulsing to the cool music behind.
Here's a video of the interface of the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wllCE-ezUQ0

That would be very cool if osu! implements these elements into the main menu interface (or even making a completely new interface) since the current one maybe too simple for me... :(
Applying the feature doesn't mean that to copy the interface from other games' intro completely, but to change into a more creative and attractive interface, so this game will be more elegant and popular :)
OzzyOzrock
Except it'd be cute music instead of hard techno beats to fit the ambiance more, lol.
Topic Starter
Miu Matsuoka

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Except it'd be cute music instead of hard techno beats to fit the ambiance more, lol.
Of course it could either be cute or hardcore music, or even random downloaded music (just like what we have now).
James2250
I think that osu's main menu is nice in its simplicity. Don't want to add too many more effects or it will start looking overcrowded (not to mention 95% of people on osu seem to hate any type of flashing lights :P)

A new opening animation is being discussed though~
Breeze
I prefer to simple interface
If you want a flashing and pulsing effect, you can just use custom skin
I remembered there is a DJMAX skin exists ;)
adam2046
blissfulyoshi
Mostly a duplicate of the page adam linked, so denying this.

On another note, even though the technika interface is nice, it is really irritating how slow it is. You have to inset coins, wait, then insert your card, wait some more, then hammer away at the top of the screen till you can choose your mode.