forum

supercell - Sayonara Memories

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
J1_
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
greeeeeeeeg
hey

Hope
timing is wrong at the beginning, add timing point at 00:09:823 - with 160BPM and 00:10:643 - with 148BPM and 00:11:960 - with 100BPM, you'll have to resnap some notes, it's not perfect yet but I think you'll handle it

This mod won't get much in depth as there are way too many errors here. First of all, sounds like 00:24:852 (4) - should be expressed with sliders as not to leave unnessesary rythm gaps. It makes the gameplay more fluid and intuitive.

Straight lines like 00:24:290 (1,2,3,4) - should also be avoided unless you know perfectly why you're doing them. For sounds like that I suggest using low spaced triangles or really anything else but straight lines.

00:34:415 (1) - kicksliders are really short and if you plan on using them like that you should increase their slider velocity, SV for short if you didn't know. It makes them more recognizable.

00:34:602 (2) - mentioning aesthetics too. Try to look up some tutorials on how to make popular slider shapes, like waves. People like aesthetically pleasing maps so you should keep aesthetics in mind.

00:36:290 (1) - the song should gradually gain intensity. Making a largely spaced jump that early into map is unintuitive.

Flow is kind of a subjective subject, but sometimes there is no flow. Like in your map. It doesn't flow nicely... Try to imagine where your cursor would be after clicking the circle. That usually is the most comfortable spot where the next circle/slider should be. 00:36:852 (3,4) - These two objects are too close to each other in relation to how the previous ones were placed. Spacing should change wherever the song changes in pitch, volume etc but not in a random place like that. Keep this in mind, please

00:41:540 (9,1,2,3) - streams should use even spacing, so you're either moving that slider closer to the stream or making the stream more spaced to match the distance of the stream to the slider.

Slider bodies should be the same or change by very little in order to feel intuitive. 00:53:165 (6) - Sliders like that just don't fit the map as they're looking wayy different than others.

00:58:790 (7,8,9,1,2) - This is an interesting situation. The percussion pauses but vocals go on. You should decide early into mapping a song if you'd like to follow vocals or instruments, or maybe both but that's quite hard to do and looks really bad when done incorrectly.

01:11:446 (5) - you should just map it into a triple as the current setup makes no sense at all

01:16:790 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - big jumps like that outta nowhere? listen to the drums, they gradually gain in intensity and jumps should follow them by getting wider and wider over time

There are things I didn't mention in this mod. Mostly out of my laziness but also because there are way to many mistakes to just fix them with mods. First of all, the biggest issue is your object placement. You should think about every circle you place, ask yourself a question "does it play nice, look nice, feel nice, flow nice" etc and if the answer is yes to all of these questions then you're good to go. If not, think twice. Or thrice. Just be sure. But you may ask "but hey what does it mean "flow nice"?" Well, it just doesn't feel bad. Try to watch out for unexpected spikes and flow breaks.

About the structure: please use the editor efficiently. Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V are your biggest friends, along with rotate tool (ctrl shift r, ctrl <, ctrl >) and all the flips (ctrl h, ctrl j, ctrl g). Neat structure almost always guarantees that the pattern will be acceptable.

Spacing: please refrain from making unexpected jumps and spacing increases, I'll try to name some of them: 03:19:790 (1,2) - 03:22:790 (1,2) - 00:23:727 (6,7,8) - etc etc you get the idea.

Aesthetics is something you pick up as you map, so the only solution (apart from googling tutorials) is to map more.

Well, I hope my mod isn't too chaotic. I hope this will help. Cheers
Topic Starter
J1_

8eight8eight wrote:

hey

Hope
timing is wrong at the beginning, add timing point at 00:09:823 - with 160BPM and 00:10:643 - with 148BPM and 00:11:960 - with 100BPM, you'll have to resnap some notes, it's not perfect yet but I think you'll handle it Just remapping ^

This mod won't get much in depth as there are way too many errors here. First of all, sounds like 00:24:852 (4) - should be expressed with sliders as not to leave unnessesary rythm gaps. It makes the gameplay more fluid and intuitive. Got it

Straight lines like 00:24:290 (1,2,3,4) - should also be avoided unless you know perfectly why you're doing them. For sounds like that I suggest using low spaced triangles or really anything else but straight lines. I thought it was nice since the song had a small crescendo

00:34:415 (1) - kicksliders are really short and if you plan on using them like that you should increase their slider velocity, SV for short if you didn't know. It makes them more recognizable. this kickslider fully covers the drum sound, but in general, I understand

00:34:602 (2) - mentioning aesthetics too. Try to look up some tutorials on how to make popular slider shapes, like waves. People like aesthetically pleasing maps so you should keep aesthetics in mind. Definetly something I have to work on

00:36:290 (1) - the song should gradually gain intensity. Making a largely spaced jump that early into map is unintuitive. Got it

Flow is kind of a subjective subject, but sometimes there is no flow. Like in your map. It doesn't flow nicely... Try to imagine where your cursor would be after clicking the circle. That usually is the most comfortable spot where the next circle/slider should be. 00:36:852 (3,4) - These two objects are too close to each other in relation to how the previous ones were placed. Spacing should change wherever the song changes in pitch, volume etc but not in a random place like that. Keep this in mind, please Flow is also something I definetly need to work on

00:41:540 (9,1,2,3) - streams should use even spacing, so you're either moving that slider closer to the stream or making the stream more spaced to match the distance of the stream to the slider. I mean.. I think it's equal spacing..

Slider bodies should be the same or change very little in order to feel intuitive. 00:53:165 (6) - Sliders like that just don't fit the map as they're looking wayy different than others. Got it

00:58:790 (7,8,9,1,2) - This is an interesting situation. The percussion pauses but vocals go on. You should decide early into mapping a song if you'd like to follow vocals or instruments, or maybe both but that's quite hard to do and looks really bad when done incorrectly. Oki

01:11:446 (5) - you should just map it into a triple as the current setup makes no sense at all Gonna fix while remapping

01:16:790 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - big jumps like that outta nowhere? listen to the drums, they gradually gain in intensity and jumps should follow them by getting wider and wider over time Got it

There are things I didn't mention in this mod. Mostly out of my laziness but also because there are way to many mistakes to just fix them with mods. First of all, the biggest issue is your object placement. You should think about every circle you place, ask yourself a question "does it play nice, look nice, feel nice, flow nice" etc and if the answer is yes to all of these questions then you're good to go. If not, think twice. Or thrice. Just be sure. But you may ask "but hey what does it mean "flow nice"?" Well, it just doesn't feel bad. Try to watch out for unexpected spikes and flow breaks. Got it

About the structure: please use the editor efficiently. Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V are your biggest friends, along with rotate tool (ctrl shift r, ctrl <, ctrl >) and all the flips (ctrl h, ctrl j, ctrl g). Neat structure almost always guarantees that the pattern will be acceptable.

Spacing: please refrain from making unexpected jumps and spacing increases, I'll try to name some of them: 03:19:790 (1,2) - 03:22:790 (1,2) - 00:23:727 (6,7,8) - etc etc you get the idea. Got it

Aesthetics is something you pick up as you map, so the only solution (apart from googling tutorials) is to map more.

Well, I hope my mod isn't too chaotic. I hope this will help. Cheers
This mod has helped me a lot! And next time be completely honest ^