forum

Bomfunk MC's - Freestyler

posted
Total Posts
show more
BrokenArrow
THANKS FOR MAPPING THIS <333
Nice map so far, why did you remove the taiko diff?
TicClick
Cool thing.
01:50:198 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - this is exactly what I've been thinking about
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

BrokenArrow wrote:

THANKS FOR MAPPING THIS <333
Nice map so far, why did you remove the taiko diff?
It'll be back up once I get to it. Had to cut the mp3 (full song would have too high max score) and therefore a part of the taiko map.
lebolty
I'm no pro osu player, but this i have to say is the best friggin' beatmap i've played so far :D Besides the track choice it was just awesomely varied with sliders in the right places etc. Dunno if this thread is just for constructive criticism or if it's ok to just shower praise as well :P Anyways I can't wait to pass it (almost there!) so I can rate it! If osu was built around micro transactions I could see myself sinking soo much money into well made beatmaps like this one^^ Great great job!
spboxer3
oh~sorry~I forget to star this map XDDD

now star~~~
SPOILER
Your message is too short.Your message is too short.Your message is too short.
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

lebolty wrote:

I'm no pro osu player, but this i have to say is the best friggin' beatmap i've played so far :D Besides the track choice it was just awesomely varied with sliders in the right places etc. Dunno if this thread is just for constructive criticism or if it's ok to just shower praise as well :P Anyways I can't wait to pass it (almost there!) so I can rate it! If osu was built around micro transactions I could see myself sinking soo much money into well made beatmaps like this one^^ Great great job!
loool thanks! \:D/ Don't forget it's gotta get ranked first before players can rate.
GladiOol
Here you go, Gladi's normal .. Hard! difficulty.

Oja, jij moet nog hitsounden, want dar bin jij beterder in als mij .

Download: Bomfunk MC's - Freestyler (Lesjuh) [Gladi's [strike]Normal[strike] Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Lesjuh
Finished! Let's rank it!
RobotoRaccoon
Oh god I love this.
So so so much.
narakucrimson
Couldn't finish modding this today, sorry D:. I'll post the mod tomorrow after I finish it.

I'll leave a star here in the meanwhile~

Ok I finished it now. And I blame maths:

[General]
  1. Kiais are unsnapped in all diffs by 10 ms, except for spboxer's. Resnap them, please~
[Easy]
  1. 00:32:199 (4) - This isn't really much of an issue, but could you move this one grid down? So that the spacing is as close to x0,8 as possible~
  2. 00:50:143 (1,2,3,4) - I suggest changing these for sliders. I don't know how easy it this might be for a new player... Something simple, such as:
    You may want to keep it as it is anyway for consistency with your other similar patterns, so you decide on this one~
  3. 01:02:959 (1) - Same thing about the spacing, can you move this one grid down? Plus, you form an equilateral triangle there, look:
    SPOILER

More or less... :P
  4. 01:08:818 (2) - For similar reasons to 00:32:199, I'd move this one grid up. My most sincere ampologies for being so nazi ;w;
  5. 01:16:142 - Woot, 10 ms unsnapped kiai :P resnap it please~
  6. 01:48:733 (1,2,3,4) - Just gonna say here that maybe by now, they would have "understood" how this rythm goes and how to play this, so maybe sliders wouldn't be needed. You surely know more about those slider things than me :P
  7. 01:50:930 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Omg this is cruel ;_; But I guess it's acceptable...
  8. Map this 'til the eeeeend :3
[Normal]
  1. You have one unsnapped object (02:17:294 (4)).
  2. Everything looks fine~
[Gladi's Hard]
  1. 01:50:381 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Whaaaaaaat? You two might know better than me, but is this rankable? o.o
    The only option I can imagine for this to be like it is, would be to storyboard some kind of warning for those fully stacked sliders... I don't know.
  2. 02:31:760 (9,1) - This doesn't flow so well, I think. I mean, (9) ends up pointing in the opposite direction to where (1) is after the repetition... Why not make the slider go upwards instead of downwards?
  3. As for the rest, everything is ok~
[Sp3's Taiko]
  1. The second kiai (both the beginning and the ending) are unsnapped by 1 ms (I feel sooo ninja)
  2. 00:35:129 (1) - This should have a clap, too. I wish I knew how objects are called in Taiko :C
  3. 00:43:917 (2) - (^)
  4. The rest looks good.
[Insane]
  1. 01:50:198 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - The same I said for Hard... A warning is the least you can do. But I still have my doubts about the rankability of this pattern...
  2. Gotta love this.
Well, that's all! Awesome work :3
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

narakucrimson wrote:

Couldn't finish modding this today, sorry D:. I'll post the mod tomorrow after I finish it.

I'll leave a star here in the meanwhile~

Ok I finished it now. And I blame maths:
good lord

[General]
  1. Kiais are unsnapped in all diffs by 10 ms, except for spboxer's. Resnap them, please~
ok!

[Easy]
  1. 00:32:199 (4) - This isn't really much of an issue, but could you move this one grid down? So that the spacing is as close to x0,8 as possible~ done
  2. 00:50:143 (1,2,3,4) - I suggest changing these for sliders. I don't know how easy it this might be for a new player... Something simple, such as:

You may want to keep it as it is anyway for consistency with your other similar patterns, so you decide on this one~ It's not that hard is it :p
  3. 01:02:959 (1) - Same thing about the spacing, can you move this one grid down? Plus, you form an equilateral triangle there, look:
    SPOILER

More or less... :P
    done
  4. 01:08:818 (2) - For similar reasons to 00:32:199, I'd move this one grid up. My most sincere ampologies for being so nazi ;w; done lol
  5. 01:16:142 - Woot, 10 ms unsnapped kiai :P resnap it please~
  6. 01:48:733 (1,2,3,4) - Just gonna say here that maybe by now, they would have "understood" how this rythm goes and how to play this, so maybe sliders wouldn't be needed. You surely know more about those slider things than me :P
  7. 01:50:930 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Omg this is cruel ;_; But I guess it's acceptable... oh no stacks!! lol keeping this
  8. Map this 'til the eeeeend :3
that would be too tiring for all the beginning players (and even more important, for me I'm a lazy mapper :x)

[Normal]
  1. You have one unsnapped object (02:17:294 (4)). fixed
  2. Everything looks fine~
[Gladi's Hard]
  1. 01:50:381 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - Whaaaaaaat? You two might know better than me, but is this rankable? o.o
    The only option I can imagine for this to be like it is, would be to storyboard some kind of warning for those fully stacked sliders... I don't know. perfectly readable
  2. 02:31:760 (9,1) - This doesn't flow so well, I think. I mean, (9) ends up pointing in the opposite direction to where (1) is after the repetition... Why not make the slider go upwards instead of downwards? gladistyle
  3. As for the rest, everything is ok~
[Sp3's Taiko]
  1. The second kiai (both the beginning and the ending) are unsnapped by 1 ms (I feel sooo ninja)
  2. 00:35:129 (1) - This should have a clap, too. I wish I knew how objects are called in Taiko :C don and kat I believe. Also this is intentional
  3. 00:43:917 (2) - (^)
  4. The rest looks good.
[Insane]
  1. 01:50:198 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - The same I said for Hard... A warning is the least you can do. But I still have my doubts about the rankability of this pattern... perfectly readable. I'm so ranking it this way
  2. Gotta love this.
Well, that's all! Awesome work :3
thanks alot!
narakucrimson
Ok, just a little more thing: you should set Slider Tick Rate to 2 in Easy and Normal. It kind of lieaves an inconsistecy feeling through the difficulties - plus, it doesn't look very bad.

After a short discussion via irc, you convinced me that it's better to keep both tick rates at 1.

So then, have your bubble! (Hope I didn't forget anything!)
Andrea
[Gladi's Hard]

01:39:395 (5) - Really loud to me. What about lowering the volume a bit? Would be better.
01:50:381 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - I'm really unsure about this.

[Sp3's Taiko]

Center the difficulty settings.

[Insane]

01:39:395 (10) - Same as Gladi's Hard.
01:50:198 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Same as Gladi's Hard for this as well.

I can probably rank when you're done with the fixes.

EDIT: Cool, everything seems on order now.

Ranked~
RhaiizoN
yay ranked <3
Aleksart
Cool song :)
Tenshi-nyan
01:50:198 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) -

WTF

Pretty cool map besides that.
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

WTF

But that's like... the best f*cking part \:D/
BrokenArrow
Finally ranked, nice one Lesjuh *-* ;)
narakucrimson
Gratz, man! :D
Rukario

Lesjuh wrote:

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

WTF

Have to agree with Lesjuh there. Awesome mapset, like always.
Orkel
Excellent map.

Rukarioman wrote:

Lesjuh wrote:

Have to agree with Lesjuh there. Awesome mapset, like always.
Haha yeah, it surprised me too.
Gonzvlo
Oops, I was supposed to mod this map. I'm sorry, I couldn't get here in time.

Anyhow, nice mapset, congrats!

That pattern seems iffy, really nice tho
Lizbeth
awesome map...<3
Sallad4ever
01:50:198 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - what have you done :o

dang thing so awesome ;)
Niva
Please tell me how to flowmapping this good ><
spboxer3
Yoooooooooo
congratz Lesjuh ;)
Soaprman
01:50:198 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - very yes.
Phish_old
baermoder
IkkiMinami
Gratz :)
Love
Should've guessed, barely any mods for the taiko...
Shiirn
01:50:198 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) -

yeahhhhhh uhhhhhhhhh doesn't this break like half a dozen mapping rules? "awesome" or not, that's a fairly rad case of bullshit right there.
SapphireGhost
Perhaps it's just me, but I personally think that part is readable, unique pattern and plays fine.
Raging Bull
I thought it shouldn't be allowed since you can barely tell it's a slider probably the first time around. Seems fun though.
Natteke
Idk, I didn't even notice anything suspicious. It's quite intuitive and fits the song
NatsumeRin
This is one of the examples fits the song perfectly but probably "break the rule"
And in such cases, song is more important.
Mismagius

Natteke wrote:

Idk, I didn't even notice anything suspicious. It's quite intuitive and fits the song
Why fit the song and have a fun map when you have rules? Pfft.
dNextGen
Ijah_old
Very fun and creative map!
I don't see the problem with the slider thing, fits the song, is easily readable, this is what maps need, more uniquities!

But yeah, grats on the rank, hope to see more like this from you!
theowest
I could seriously play this part all day long:

^ so unique and fun! <3 <3 <3

this is readable, just look at my first try rank:
if anyone says it's not
and i suck
Topic Starter
Lesjuh

Shiirn wrote:

yeahhhhhh uhhhhhhhhh doesn't this break like half a dozen mapping rules? "awesome" or not, that's a fairly rad case of bullshit right there.
But it doesn't break any mapping rules. It's been made clear it's sightreadable on first try, wich also means the objects are visible for the people who play it.
show more