forum

Special mod request(I think it is a good one) [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
IMSavior
So this is my first time on these forums, I am sorry if this has been requested or thought of before. Anyways, into it I guess.

My idea is that a game mod be added into osu! that is similar to sudden death..

The mod would monitor your % notes hit and will fail you if you drop below a certain %. In order for this to fully work you would also have to put a 'time limit' for being below the expected percentage.

For example someone can put 90% and 5 seconds. So if someone drops below 90% they have 5 seconds to get above it again before they fail.

Another person could set the % at 100 and set the fail timer to 0. So if they even miss getting a single note perfect it will fail them.

I thought of this because while sudden death is nice for not wasting your time if you screw a streak up, it doesn't stop you if you hit a 100 instead of a 300, so when you are striving for perfection(or close to it) on a song this mod would be more helpful.

I realize this mod is a bit more complex than the others(needing user input), so I don't know how it would be implemented. But I would really enjoy seeing it.

To recap:
% meter fail
# second recover timer
James2250
These threads all basically discuss variations of the sudden death mod to let a user pick whatever they want for the fail condition (each thread has a few seperate ideas about it but they all follow the same general thoughts).

viewtopic.php?p=896001#p896001 (the latest thread)
viewtopic.php?p=69078
viewtopic.php?p=30714

If you want to bring up any new ideas that haven't already been discussed there then go ahead~
Denying this as a duplicate.
Topic Starter
IMSavior

James2250 wrote:

These threads all basically discuss variations of the sudden death mod to let a user pick whatever they want for the fail condition (each thread has a few seperate ideas about it but they all follow the same general thoughts).

viewtopic.php?p=896001#p896001 (the latest thread)
viewtopic.php?p=69078
viewtopic.php?p=30714

If you want to bring up any new ideas that haven't already been discussed there then go ahead~
Denying this as a duplicate.
Alright, sorry. As I said I am new. Although I find it a shame that you deny this as a duplicate considering it is definitely better thought out than the posts you linked. Thanks and sorry.