forum

I need testers for my skin's playfield.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
autoteleology
https://puu.sh/wfAXF.osk

I need feedback from players (especially ones who are substantially better than me) on how readable my skin is, and what can be improved to make it play better.

My skin is only in alpha, expect everything but the playfield to look like garbage / be broken / use placeholders, as I'm designing the rest of the skin around the completed playfield. This is not an official release.

O2MasterFX
damn this skin is bold af

I looked at the skin, why did you merge the numbers with hiticircle? Why don't use sliderendcircle? They don't stack well on combo numbers above 9.

Also, this is my opinion, but the numbers are too big. You might need to consider that since like I said, they don't stack well.
MatthewRobo
Hitcircle-numbers do actually change gameplay, since they fade out instantly compared to expanding slightly when clicked. Makes reading a bit more easier IMO.
Topic Starter
autoteleology

O2MasterFX wrote:

damn this skin is bold af
Bold? I'm not sure I follow what that means.

I looked at the skin, why did you merge the numbers with hiticircle?

MatthewRobo wrote:

they fade out instantly compared to expanding slightly when clicked
Pretty much this. It's a tradeoff I'm willing to make - I can read a skin without numbers just fine, but I hate the "echoes".

Also, this is my opinion, but the numbers are too big. You might need to consider that since like I said, they don't stack well.
Noted.
O2MasterFX
It's thick and big
Topic Starter
autoteleology
Is that bad? What effect does it have on your reading ability?
O2MasterFX
Not bad at all, it's just my opinion about the style you went into, minimalist but thick.