forum

Spinner mod for the difficulty reduction section [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
There's a lot of times when I'm practicing on a beatmap and I really can't be bothered to do the spinners, due to my arm/shoulder hurting or I'm low on energy, etc. But, if I don't complete the spinners on a beatmap I will lose my combos.

So with what I have just said above, I request a spinner mod for the difficulty reduction section, which when enabled would automatically complete spinners on a beatmap. I recommend that if this mod is added to Osu!, it should cause no reduction with the multiplier score. However, anyone who uses the mod on a beatmap, will not be able to get any spinner bonuses.

peppy...this is part 2 of this is my last one, I promise!
Saturos
If this were to be added, it would have to be an unranked mod, or something like 0.8x multiplier. There are quite a few maps out there that have spinners that aren't able to be completed (I assume you want them to be auto 300s) in this manner e.g. Wizards in Winter.
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

Saturos wrote:

If this were to be added, it would have to be an unranked mod, or something like 0.8x multiplier. There are quite a few maps out there that have spinners that aren't able to be completed (I assume you want them to be auto 300s) in this manner e.g. Wizards in Winter.
Yes, auto 300s. :)

If everyone would like to have the mod unranked or have a reduced multiplier, then that's fine. I would just like to be able to practice on a beatmap with double time and other mods, without having to waste energy trying to complete spinners, just so I don't lose my combo on the map. I don't mind doing spinners for a short while, but after playing Osu! for 2+ hours, my arm gets very tired and sore.
Kiyobi_old
...I was going to post this too.

So therefore, I second this notion. I hate spinners. I really hate them. They always throw me off.

I would think this mod would be an unranked mod, because it tears apart the beatmap's effect, if you think about it.
xerxes_oli
i 3rd this
[deleted user]
i agree they throw me off alot
ThePassingShadow
Silly idea... Spinners are a huge part of the game.
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: The Queenstons - Our Special Place (Blue Dragon) [Not So Special].osu
LuigiHann
I wouldn't mind this as an unranked mod.
Ekaru
I gazillionth it as an unranked mod. It would make practicing some maps so much easier, and by keeping the score the same, but making it unranked, you could see what score you'd get with all 300's at the end without killing your arm, but without affecting the rankings, which would be good I think.
fdtoonsman
I 382835932ndthrd this!

I actually think this could work as a ranked mod. Maybe a 0.65x multiplier. Sounds fair, right?

Spinners really throw you off and distract you.
xerxes_oli

fdtoonsman wrote:

I 382835932ndthrd this!

I actually think this could work as a ranked mod. Maybe a 0.65x multiplier. Sounds fair, right?

Spinners really throw you off and distract you.
i agree
peppy
Added in test build.