forum

Good Electric Guitars

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Mustard]
Hello, I am currently gathering data for a friend who is looking for a good electric guitar, since my opinion isn't enough to him and I am gathering data from other forums too :)

If you have something in mind, feel free to post anything below
Chez
There are many "good" electric guitars but to find exactly which one is the one you want, you need to ask some questions:

Does he already have an electric guitar? What is it?

Can he play guitar? How long has he been playing?

What genre of music does he like to play?

What is his budget?

For guitar brands, I personally like Ibanez the most because they tend to have a really fast neck that makes navigating the strings much easier. They are also quite versatile similar to Fender but are a little more oriented to rock and metal and such. If he doesn't have a guitar, the Ibanez GRX20ZBKN or Ibanez RG421 (if he has a bit more money) are good Ibanez guitars to start with.
Topic Starter
[Mustard]

friesguy5467 wrote:

There are many "good" electric guitars but to find exactly which one is the one you want, you need to ask some questions:

Does he already have an electric guitar? What is it?

Can he play guitar? How long has he been playing?

What genre of music does he like to play?

What is his budget?

For guitar brands, I personally like Ibanez the most because they tend to have a really fast neck that makes navigating the strings much easier. They are also quite versatile similar to Fender but are a little more oriented to rock and metal and such. If he doesn't have a guitar, the Ibanez GRX20ZBKN or Ibanez RG421 (if he has a bit more money) are good Ibanez guitars to start with.
He doesn't have an electric guitar, this is his first.

He can play guitar for about a year now, and he usually uses acoustic.

He prefers jazz and rock

His budget is about $300 (a fukin low budget)
Rurree
Epiphone, Pacifica, Squier, etc.

It's his first electric guitar so $300 is good enough of a maximum price point.
Disillusionz
I have a Epiphone Les Paul, it's very nice and has great reviews. Runs for around $200. Should be a great first electric.
Topic Starter
[Mustard]
thanks for the suggestions everyone :D