forum

Kudosu refund? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
I don't know if it's already in discussion or even in progress... if yes you could just lock this. But i think it won't hurt to post this idea now.

The point is, now we spend 1 kudosu for 1 pink star = 1 priority, it will probably weights in the future, But for modders who gave out their kudosu stars before, it's more like a encouragement to the mapper, or show his confidence in his own map. (it's used for star spams also, but just few cases, because there're not so many people have lots of kud). It would be a pity that the modders who actually mod a lot won't have enough kudosu in the future to add stars to maps (no matter his own maps or others)

Have a quick look through the Kudosu Ranking, 10/50 of those top kudosu owners have <=10 kudosu left. It proves the kudosu waste thing is really common (well even myself is one like to shoot kudosu stars everywhere). And the spent... yeah... most of them have spend hundreds of kudosu (which is considered not important before).

So i think a kudosu refund may be needed, though it would be a huge amount and some guys will worry about the star spam thing won't stop because of this, but consider we already have lots of kudosu given and stayed in people's hand (James2250's 1115 kudosu, for example), it won't be a big problem. To make the thing at a balanced point, i think refund 2/3 of the kudosu spent would be a good idea.

That's all i guess...
dkun
Or you could just mod some more.
Raging Bull
Eh I'm fine with just 10-20% refund. Don't want priority to be overinflated with refunded kudosu.
peppy
The general focus of the system has shifted, but I see no need to refund anything. If anything, I'd opt to reset all kudosu, so take it as you will.
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
Reset will hurt the modders who still keeps lots of kudosu. ("waaaaat i earned those kudosu in 2 years but lose them because of a change?")
Without refund, the modders who have spent lots of kudosu will feel disapointted ("I modded a lot, but now i can't even give stars more than a newbie modder!")
So a percentage refund will be the balanced point i guess? That's where the idea stands on.

Mod more is a way... true. but how do you feel if you own 551 kuds (22 left, whatever, take myself as example), and then find you need to mod more to catch up a guy with 50kuds (not spent)...? Must be bad.
peppy
The way you spend kudosu shouldn't be changing. The only difference is that 3 kudosu = 2 priority became 1 kudosu = 1 priority. It's a difference of 33% and in my eyes doesn't deserve any adjustment.
Jarby
If you modded primarily to receive kudosu, there's something a little wrong there.
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
Yep it's 33% not 66%... but...

peppy wrote:

The way you spend kudosu shouldn't be changing.
I'm afraid this is not true. Maybe you could just ask some more modders around.

In the old system, no (or few) kudosu stars are gave out because it could increase priority, it simply shows how much you like this map. And people don't see a need to save kudosu for the future. In some extreme situation, i mod 3 maps in a round of my queue, and i'll shoot a kudosu star to the one i like most.

In the new system, it's easy to predict kudosu stars would be only spent on the maps that the modder want it to be ranked. No modders will throw their pink stars all over the world, they will treat kudosu more seriously because it's highly related to "getting a map ranked" (which is not before.)

I'll say even a 33% refund will help somewhat... take myself as example, it will save 170+ kudosu, consider an average modding time about 40minutes. It saves more than 100 hours, that's really a long time, and only for a single modder. So in a whole situation, i don't think "adjustment is not needed"

@Jarby: not primarily, but it counts, for sure.
peppy
Sorry but I've already decided there will be no refund. We are starting fresh here. Yes, people who saved their kudosu! have a slight bonus, but oh well? Lucky them; move on.
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
I don't know how could you treat 300+ hours work as "slight bonus", but i guess it's no use to continue.

Lucky them, and unlucky me (and some other poor modders), meh.
Equivalent_old
1 kudosu = 1 Sp I'am grateful enough. At least it reasonable for me to give someone map i think it good and a good thing for my own map to get attention too. I don regret on how I spend on my kudosu before because the map that I kudosu star really deserve it in my eyes