Title: Sweden (Caution & Crisis Remix)
Source: Minecraft
Tags: Minecraft C418 Sweden Caution & Crisis Remix
BPM: 175
Filesize: 5122kb
Play Time: 05:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. End (5.58 stars, 1001 notes)
Download: C418 - Sweden (Caution & Crisis Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Third map made! Decided to go on making pro-maps.
Though it does need many mods before becoming awsome.
I hope you like it and also,
GD is always welcome. PM me via game or profile!
Thanks for your modding! Mombei
Mombei
From my modding queue :)

[End]
  1. 00:24:852 (1) - I suggest you center this to be consistent with the map's aesthetic so far
    The general slidershape issue
    You use way too many shapes for sliders. By that I mean you vary too much the slider's curve for what are essentially identical sounds.
    Here are some examples;

these curves are only slightly different but it's noticeable and that's what makes this map feel unpolished. I believe you should replace slider with either of these 3; an averagely curved slider, a straight slider, or a round slider. If you use these 3 slider shapes consistently, and not randomly (which means you could associate average curves to the flow, straight sliders to snares and round sliders to some other sound), you could greatly improve your map's aesthetics
  2. 00:52:281 (1,2) - You should emphasize snares by spacing them further apart from other objects; but not too much, otherwise your map will be overdone. The editor's previous and next object DS is a great tool to tell if your objects are spaced correctly, so I advise you use that to determine whether you're properly emphasizing important sounds. This happens earlier and later in the map too, so look into it carefully; proper emphasis is a great part of making a map "good", and not just by ranking standards.
  3. 01:10:795 (6) - This is rather unintuitive, it's not even a NC, I suggest you replace this pattern with circles or a combination of sliders and circles, and add a NC on 01:10:795
  4. 01:13:538 (6,7,8,9) - Yeah that's exactly what I was talking about
There aren't any more types of error I can mention. There are plenty more instances of the same flaws, but I believe pointing them out one by one for a 5 min map will do nothing for you. Now that you've understood where the problem lies, you may see for yourself where the other instances are, make your map better, and grow as a mapper.

I hope I was of help.
Thank for using my queue :)
Topic Starter
Faputa

Mombei wrote:

From my modding queue :)

[End]
  1. 00:24:852 (1) - I suggest you center this to be consistent with the map's aesthetic so far Fixed
    The general slidershape issue
    You use way too many shapes for sliders. By that I mean you vary too much the slider's curve for what are essentially identical sounds.
    Here are some examples;

these curves are only slightly different but it's noticeable and that's what makes this map feel unpolished. I believe you should replace slider with either of these 3; an averagely curved slider, a straight slider, or a round slider. If you use these 3 slider shapes consistently, and not randomly (which means you could associate average curves to the flow, straight sliders to snares and round sliders to some other sound), you could greatly improve your map's aesthetics
    OK. Thanks. I'll fix that.
  2. 00:52:281 (1,2) - You should emphasize snares by spacing them further apart from other objects; but not too much, otherwise your map will be overdone. The editor's previous and next object DS is a great tool to tell if your objects are spaced correctly, so I advise you use that to determine whether you're properly emphasizing important sounds. This happens earlier and later in the map too, so look into it carefully; proper emphasis is a great part of making a map "good", and not just by ranking standards. OK
  3. 01:10:795 (6) - This is rather unintuitive, it's not even a NC, I suggest you replace this pattern with circles or a combination of sliders and circles, and add a NC on 01:10:795 Thanks for pointing it.
  4. 01:13:538 (6,7,8,9) - Yeah that's exactly what I was talking about
There aren't any more types of error I can mention. There are plenty more instances of the same flaws, but I believe pointing them out one by one for a 5 min map will do nothing for you. Now that you've understood where the problem lies, you may see for yourself where the other instances are, make your map better, and grow as a mapper.

I hope I was of help.Yes! Thanks a lot for the detailed explanation.
Thank for using my queue :)
Thank you for modding my map! :)