forum

That silly, "message is too short" crap. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kiddo-Kun
Why don't we remove this because we don't use "stars" anymore.
Sakura
Why do you need it removed if you're not gonna post "Star!" anymore?
James2250
I doubt the message is going to be removed after such a short time, it will just be edited to not include stars anymore. That wasn't the "only" reason to have the message.

Your message is currently too short. Please make sure your message is informative and adds something constructive to the thread in question.
Something like that.
(although I still don't like the limit personally)
Wishy
You can always do this:

Yes

sdajk;sjksdkjl;dajkldsajkl sajkld sajkld asjkldjkasld jasldj askdj kasl djasjd asdjklajkda dakl
Sander-Don

Wishy22 wrote:

You can always do this:

Yes

sdajk;sjksdkjl;dajkldsajkl sajkld sajkld asjkldjkasld jasldj askdj kasl djasjd asdjklajkda dakl
or 50 spaces and alt +255
SYSEN
and this
+-++-++-++-+
|s|--|t|--|a|--|r|
+-++-++-++-+

or

......_
.....| |
___| |_ __ _ _ __
/ __| __|/ _` | '__|
\__ \ |_| (_| | |
|___/\__|\__,_|_|

even this

"I am the bone of my map.
circle is my body, and sliders is my blood.
I have created over a thousand maps.
Unknown to ranked.
Nor known to approved.
Have withstood pain to create many maps.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray, "Unlimited STAR Works!!.

be optimistic : D
it makes us more creative
Wishy
I lol'd.
Derekku
Or we can just ban spammers from the beatmap forums :V
Gomo Psivarh
you can use ASCII codes in binary like "01000001 01010011 01010011 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110"

that should be long enough :(
theMikeAG
I find it ironic that people respond to this restriction by spamming.
Fight69

Index-San wrote:

Unknown to ranked.
Nor known to approved.
So as I pray, "Unlimited STAR Works!!.
Win.
SapphireGhost

theMikeAG wrote:

I find it ironic that people respond to this restriction by spamming.
This seems to happen often enough that it might be best to just take away the message. You could ban everyone that abuses it or go to their homes and hit them with a hammer, but that seems like a waste of time. Oh well. Just my opinion ~
ampzz

Derekku wrote:

That would be a fairly large, lump sum of people though wouldn't it?
Derekku

ampzz wrote:

Derekku wrote:

That would be a fairly large, lump sum of people though wouldn't it?
Would that be a bad thing? ;)
pieguyn

Derekku wrote:

Yes, as a matter of fact, it would be. It's such a stupid reason to ban so many people. :?
Derekku
I'm joking of course, but I see no need to remove the message. Users should be encouraged to post constructively, and if it takes an "annoying error" to do that then so be it. 8-)
ampzz

pieguy1372 wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Yes, as a matter of fact, it would be. It's such a stupid reason to ban so many people. :?
Actually it's a very valid reason and basis to ban people from the forums in the first place.

Not only does it keep the forums clean or random filth but it also helps promote the necessity for people to think before hitting the 'Add reply' button.

I found nothing wrong with doing it when I moderated forums with the only people complaining about it being those who spam everything possible... Oh, let's not forget about the idiots who think post count actually matters.

Still this is just me deriving from the original topic at hand, so back on-topic:

Is it that hard to type out something slightly insightful (sentence-length) in a thread?
pieguyn
I don't think it's necessarily hard, but it's not necessary IMO. Then again, I'm personally at the very end of the spectrum on this issue. :?
ziin

Index-San wrote:

Unknown to ranked.
Nor known to approved.
So as I pray, 'Unlimited STAR Works!!.'"
Internet high five.

Derekku wrote:

But as I said before about the *ATs who bubble/rank stuff: there's no reason to just say "bubble" or "ranked". It's not supposed to be "well I can't find anything wrong so I guess I have to bubble/rank this". It should be a chance to highlight some of the parts that were good in the beatmap, and perhaps why you are giving a bubble/rank?

If you're the beatmap author and you're posting to bump your thread, comment on what you fixed/what needs to be fixed, questions you might have towards modders, comments about your thoughts on how the map is turning out. All these things help much more than "star", "bubbled", "bump", or "ranked". And just because a map is ranked doesn't mean the ranking BAT can't point out parts that weren't nearly as good as others.