forum

Nico Nico Chorus - Rolling Girl (Band Arrangement)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shinde
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, December 19, 2011 at 1:21:29 PM

Artist: Nico Nico Chorus
Title: Rolling Girl (Band Arrangement)
Source: Nico Nico Douga
Tags: wowaka vocaloid hatsune miku moebius akiakane kettaro shirokuro mitsumushi mii-chan taitson exit tunes
BPM: 195
Filesize: 5625kb
Play Time: 03:29
Difficulties Available:
  1. Special (5 stars, 696 notes)
Download: Nico Nico Chorus - Rolling Girl (Band Arrangement)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Finally done.

I mapped a map so I uploaded it.

Makes sense, ne?

I always wanted to map a difficulty to Rolling Girl to my tastes and how I envisoned it, but never really got to. It's still one of my favorite songs, so I finally got around to working on a WiP I had. I cannot stress enough how beautiful the song is to me. T_T Even after many months.

Since there are already 3 ranked mapsets, I think I can finally make this for approval?
OzzyOzrock
Yes, it makes sense, what doesn't make sense is posting to star anymore.
Cristian

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Yes, it makes sense, what doesn't make sense is posting to star anymore.
Star.
u mad?
dkun
STAR
oh wait I can't star

so I shall leave that I like this map!
Topic Starter
Shinde
I dunno what happened but okay. Maybe I should submit random incomplete WiPs more often? Lul.
-Soba-
oh dang i forgot to star earlier
mb Nice map though :D The song is so gooooood
Bobo_old
Hmm? No moar stars?
Aww, well I like this. :)

Your message is too short. Please do not post messages like "star", and make sure you are constructively adding to the thread in question.
Fail ^
Garven

Edit: Kudosu for general assistance throughout life of map. I can now be the godfather.
Zelos
Oh how I wish I could star this map Shinde.
Wait so if you are gonna make this go for approval, could I add my own difficulty? Rolling Girl is a great song.
Topic Starter
Shinde
Thank you. :D

But uh, please don't be offended when I say no. :( I wouldn't even accept a Shinxyn difficulty. I kinda want this to be solely my project. ;~;

4 MONTHS LATER EDIT: Thanks to Garven for his thoughts and support mapping over the past few months, along with IRC modding and generally just being helpful with his advice and my bothering him for stuff. :3

Also that cake is fantastic. I'd give KDs for that alone.
Nekoroll
One more time, one more time
Each day, a nekoroll rolls one more time

A kudosu for a Shinde whose hard work won't go unnoticed. ★
Topic Starter
Shinde
(ノ゚ω゚)ノ *rolls you*
Garven
marshallracer
finally you uploaded it :D

*runs*
Topic Starter
Shinde
Some IRC mods resulted in the following changes.
  1. Changed combo color from gray to pure white? Not entirely sure if this will be easier to read or not.
  2. Reduced SB load some. Probably.
  3. Cleaned up some SB code by rounding integers on Scale/Fades since had done the SB'ing in editor. I don't know what this accomplishes but oh well. Maybe it will make a slight difference on really low end PC users.
  4. Removed letterboxing.
  5. Increased one pulse's strength.
  6. There are now only 8 cupcakes left instead of 11.
I wish resubmitting didn't keep throwing it back into WiP.
Garven
Bub #1
Andrea
Seems good.

Bubble #2~
ztrot
super tiny change to the combos and approved feel the fire!!
Topic Starter
Shinde
:D Thanks guys. I hope you enjoy the map, this song means a lot to me.
Garven
Wow. Gratz~
Zelos
YESSSSSSSS!
Topic Starter
Shinde
"User Rating 7.50"

8) I'm almost on par with Shiirn. Needs about 2.0 less user rating though. I dunno why people would bother to play a map that they hate enough to rate as 1 though. Especially when it's not ranked. And I don't think I've horribly offended the asian community. I wish some of these people would post here and tell me what they dislike so much so I can get constructive feedback out of the matter.

I'm glad some people are enjoying it at least. I'll be sure to put more lolis in my next map, which will probably be done in like.. ~8 months. See you in 2012. :D
AngelHoney
can i ask a question ...?

why for app ..? :?
Topic Starter
Shinde
Because there are already 3 ranked mapsets for Rolling Girl.

I just wanted to make my own version. It doesn't really need another ENHI. Also, +16m is getting a little high. Plus I wanted people to just enjoy the song, rather than try to get rank/score.

:o
mochi

Shinde wrote:

Because there are already 3 ranked mapsets for Rolling Girl.

I just wanted to make my own version. It doesn't really need another ENHI. Also, +16m is getting a little high. Plus I wanted people to just enjoy the song, rather than try to get rank/score.

:o
None of those reasons listed are legitimate justifications for a map to be approved instead of ranked.
Topic Starter
Shinde

mochi wrote:

None of those reasons listed are legitimate justifications for a map to be approved instead of ranked.
Oh, I'll just turn HP Drain and OD back up one so that "No difficulty is allowed to exceed a score of 18 mill" applies then. I thought I'd be nice and lower them one for user accessibility, but if I have to use "logic" and the rules for approval rather than use common sense...

:roll:
Sakura

Shinde wrote:

mochi wrote:

Oh, I'll just turn HP Drain and OD back up one so that "No difficulty is allowed to exceed a score of 18 mill" applies then. I thought I'd be nice and lower them one for user accessibility, but if I have to use "logic" and the rules for approval rather than use common sense...

:roll:
That would just make it able to be a hybrid map, doesnt matter tho, the approval concept will dissapear one day.
Gaba
Well, i just don't agree that you can just slack and do 1 dif, while the rest of the community has to make rankeable difs. Again, this is not for app, no matter how overmapped this has been.
ztrot
Um, yes it is approval because I saw it fit to be approval, so deal with it.
also Sakura Hana saying shit like that isn't helping so either reply with something positive or don't post at all.
Mismagius

ztrot wrote:

also Sakura Hana saying shit like that isn't helping so either reply with something positive or don't post at all.
So this is the kind of response we have from the BATs? Deal with it?

Yeah, great community.
Topic Starter
Shinde
I've still yet to have anyone complain about anything besides 'hurr durr this shouldn't be approval' so..

Hey ztrot, unrank this so I can restore the difficulty settings and then it will be worth 19.5m and I can just go 'DERP SCORE OVER 18M' since apparently no one around here has any common sense. I don't feel like trying to use reasoning and an intelligent argument to talk to anyone anymore since that has gone ignored, so instead I will just respond by saying 'eat a dick' and 'l2map.' This had over 4 months in Pending for people to mod it and no one bitched until it got approved, so whose fault is that really? I've still yet to have anyone complain about THE ACTUAL MAP.

If you don't like my map, there are 3 other ENHI Rolling Girl maps that you can redirect yourself to. If you want another ENHI mapset for the same song, do it yourself. If you don't appreciate this map, don't play it. If you're still angry about something and feel wronged, go get laid. I will be busy enjoying my break until I go back to work and school, but I hope you can find something better to do with your free time.

Thank you and have a nice day. ;)
ztrot

Blue Dragon wrote:

ztrot wrote:

So this is the kind of response we have from the BATs? Deal with it?

Yeah, great community.
I love how you wouldn't be complaining if the shoe was on the other foot. Now go away.---------------
соре пацаны сделал парашу, щас ещё одну сложность загрузил она почти по человечиски сделана, хотел сделать её сложнее чем первую, но получилось наоборот
dkun
I loved this map. Great job, Shinde! 8-)

this is why we can't have nice things