forum

[resolved]Reset username database

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-Chitose-
Not a feature but just a request from me...

Well as you can read by the tittle i want osu! username being reset "If they not login over than 1,2 or 3 years as you wish" so new user or supporter can use the name who has been already taken by someone who not loged 4 years ago. Actually i want to change my username but the name has already taken by user who not loged over 3 years and i think "why did they waste username like that? so many player over this world who wanna use that username and you just throw away that name like nothing happen?" ehem.. sry a little dramatic here... anyway who want to come back if they decide to leaving?

Q: So How about if the user who get reset name by not login over year suddenly came back?
A: They will found out that their name will change to user number which you can find on your profile url bar like here --> but don't worry after that they will get chance to change username only once and cannot change to last username so osu! ecosystem still balanced like always :P

Well i know about the last one about getting change name for "free" isn't fair enough for pay user but they need wait over years to do it and cannot undo what they did not like supporter who can revert their username so i guess it's fair enough
Caput Mortuum
It's already there, but it's based on play count, rather than last time logged in.
500 play count equals 1 year iirc.
Topic Starter
-Chitose-

Eraser wrote:

500 play count equals 1 year iirc.

eh sounds like pain in the ass... so how about if the user have over 500 play count but he didn't login over 3 years ago? did they will not get reset? can i takeover that username?
Caput Mortuum
yes you can, but keep in mind that the play count is cumulative from all modes.
Sandy Hoey
I don't think they lose the username, even if they are over the time, unless someone requests it. You would have to request it from accounts@ppy.sh
Paxas_old
Doesn't this community care too much about the names? There're so much <1 upper letter><several lower letters> names, look at the top 50 I see lots of pretentious names like Vaxei, Rafis, Piggey, Bauxe, Xilver, while other communities look like yah yah dudes, pd2346 and they can't change their names.
Caput Mortuum

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I don't think they lose the username, even if they are over the time, unless someone requests it. You would have to request it from accounts@ppy.sh
I think they do. Otherwise usernames like mine, Those, What, osu, Evening, and other dictionary-based or popular names wouldn't be able to exist with actual stats.

Paxas wrote:

Doesn't this community care too much about the names? There're so much <1 upper letter><several lower letters> names, look at the top 50 I see lots of pretentious names like Vaxei, Rafis, Piggey, Bauxe, Xilver, while other communities look like yah yah dudes, pd2346 and they can't change their names.
from a game I was playing, a namechange costs about 10$, while in osu it's just 4$ for the first time. So there's one reason.
Topic Starter
-Chitose-

Eraser wrote:

yes you can, but keep in mind that the play count is cumulative from all modes.
glad to know, so i can change to username that i want to takeover even play count over 1000+

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Will try it later thanks for guidance