forum

"Adopt a" V2 Tournament Staff Sign-ups [Open]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Hello,

READ EVERYTHING IF YOU ARE APPLYING

I am pleased to announce that the "Adopt a" Tournament (Name is still pending) will be returning. For those who are curious about this tournament, you can find the original forum here to look at the old format. There are a lot of format changes happening for the tournament, but those changes will be announced alongside the tournament registration, which the date is not confirmed yet.

I am looking for a lot of positions for people to fill. I am looking for people who are able to fill the roles of Match Manager, Mappool Selector, Graphic Designer, Media Manager, Commentator, Streamer, Programmer(C#). We may be adding more roles later, but these are the basic ones we need to operate. Below you will see a description of each role. If you want to join the team you are REQUIRED to read the description of your role before applying or entering the discord server.

You will need to fill out the form here. Once you have filled everything out you must join the Discord channel here if you want to be considered as an applicant.

Match Manager
This role will be in charge of maintaining and managing each of the matches and ensuring that they go smoothly. This does not include refereeing. We will have a bot to handle the reffing portion. This will include watching over the matches and the bot to ensure that the data the bot sends is correct. If any time the bot messes up or crashes it is up to those who take on this role to notify the players and the staff of this incident. This also means having all the data of the match ready to give to the staff at that time. So you will be keeping track of the stats and progress of each match, while it is being run by the bot.

This position will require a lot of time investment in order to learn how the bot works/understand what and when to report issues.

We are looking for 8 people for this role with a total of 5 minimum. We are also looking for people with different timezones as well.

Requirements:
None

Recommendations:
Tournament experience especially in the reffing role.

Mappool Selector
This role will have you creating mappools for a wide variety of ranges. This will include communicating between other Selectors to improve the quality of each mappool.

We are looking for a good amount of people for this role because of the scale of the tournament and the amount of pools that we need to produce.

Once you are in the discord please describe the range that you feel comfortable with developing for:
Top Tier: (Ranks 1-7k)
High Tier: (Ranks 7k-30k)
Mid Tier: (Ranks 30k-80k)
Low Tier: (Ranks >80k)

(These ranges do not represent the final range decisions)

Requirements:
Developed a mappool for any tournament. (Must be able to provide the tournaments forum link)

Recommendations:
Have an open mind to mappool development.

Graphic Designer
This role must be able to produce quality graphics for the tournament for a variety of sources.

Looking multiple people to fill this role as it is tough for one person to produce everything in a timely fashion.

Requirements:
A portfolio or some examples of your work.

Recommendations:
Previous experience with the osu! Tournament client and skin making.

Media Manager
This role will include maintaining, producing, promoting, and managing social media platforms. This can include a lot of tasks like making social media posts, maintaining forum updates, and video promoting.

We are looking for a variety of talent and motivation from this group and we are looking for a group of 5 to manage this area.

Requirements:
Hype

Recommendations:
Video editing experience.

Commentator
This role will be in charge of hyping the tournament during streams. You must have a comprehensive knowledge of the game and be able to commentate with a lack of bias. With this role, you are to maintain a "professional" stature. Meaning that you should talk about the match at hand, handle statistics, be able to make the match enjoyable, and never discourage or trash players.

We are looking for a diverse group of people that can dedicate themselves to this role.

Requirements:
A decent quality mic and internet connection.

Recommendations:
Experience commentating on matches.
A positive attitude
Ability to commit to multiple hours a weekend to commentating.

Streamer
This role is about being able to maintain a high-quality stream throughout the length of the tournament. This means your computer must be able to handle the tournament client and streaming in high to mid quality. This role is vital if we want a stream to be produced during the tournament. You will work directly with me during match times to ensure quality.

We are looking for 2-3 people to take on this role.

Requirements:
Your computer must be able to handle streaming from the osu! tournament client and maintain a high-quality stream.
Transition and scene changing experience.

Recommendations:
Tournament Streaming experience
Good understanding of tournament flow
Tournament Client experience

Programmer
For this role, I am looking for C# developers who are able to produce high-quality code with the idea of keeping the code dynamic in mind. OOP experience is a must and if you don't know what that acronym is, don't apply to this role.

This role is not necessary to fill, but help is always appreciated with the development process.

Requirements:
A minimum of a year's worth of experience programming.
C# experience
OOP experience

Recommendations:
Server hosting and maintenance
OshieteKudasai
RESERVED
ColdVolcano
It's actually happening!!
iamVill
I am mentally prepared
Vina del Mar
My butt is ready
Izzz
D:amn its coming
TP618
My body is ready...
Leigendar
Huzzah!! \o/
mniminwoo
Very fun idea, but I hope you guys fix a lot of the issues from last year
-Promise
I`m having flashbacks from the last one.
ReBOOting_ExE
OMG BITCHES IM BACK AND IM RUNNING FOR COMMENTATOR