forum

Happy 25th Birthday, Metroid!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mianki
In 1986, a number of Nintendo's biggest franchises made their debut on the Famicom/Nintendo Entertainment System. Zelda was one, and now this month, we celebrate another: Metroid.

Yep, post here cool Metroid stuff if you want to~

MoodyRPG
I play Metroid in SNES,cool game and nostalgic

Happy Birthday Metroid!
Rantai
Obligatory Happy Birthday.

It feels so wrong that I haven't actually played a Metroid game despite owning a Nintendo console for almost 14 years...
Crimmi
Oh god Samus you still made me smile after all these years.
Azure_Kite
Happy Birthday~~
Vext_old
Aw man, that means Samus is a milf. D:
07 Ghost

Vext wrote:

Aw man, that means Samus is a milf. D:
Xgor
So few ranked songs from the metroid games :(

Should map/finish a map from the series someday.
OzzyOzrock
thefran_old
What I really love about the Metroid series is Samus.

I mean, the way Samus is portrayed.

Nothing about her screams "LOOK AT ME! I AM A FEMALE! THIS IS CRUCIAL FOR THE PLOT! FEMALE EMPOWERMENT EVERYONE" Especially compared to Lara Croft, another extremely prominent videogame action heroine, who is less "Saving humanity? I can do that. I can do anything." and more of "You might get a free blowjob if you... wait, I take that back, you are getting a free blowjob. All of you.*"

Interestingly this is the fact feminazi are complaining about so often - we didn't even originally know Samus is a girl until she removes her suit, so she doesn't count as an action heroine, videogames still sexist, film at eleven. But isn't that what equality is about?

mathexpert
Happy Birthday, metroid! So many good times with super metriod, fusion, and prime. ^^
thefran_old

Ivalset wrote:

Lara Croft doesn't care about saving the world, she just wants to get riches and kill tigers.
Does she look like she can do that without getting horrible back aches?

No, of course.

All she can do is flaunt and also flaunt.
Ivalset
She's a world class gymnast, I'm sure she can deal with a bit of extra weight.

It's like you have something against women with large breasts. You know there are women in real life with large chests right? Why is it so appalling that a video game character shares a trait that exists in the real world?
thefran_old
It is not the chest itself, it is the overall design concept and the approach.

You aware her humongous chest only exists because someone accidentally put in a zero in breast size? Aware no one really remembers anything about her?

Look at it this way.
Who is Samus Aran? It is the mystical Chozo warrior in a badass suit who kills Metroids and space pirates, she also is a woman but not everyone is aware of that.
Who is Lara Croft? It is a skank with huge tits that also sometimes fights something. What do archeologists fight? Ruins? Right, she fights ruins.

LOOK AT ME I AM A FEMALE BUT I CAN DO SOMETHING is called female empowerment. It is also bollocks.

Differences:

Holy shit we are boned now.

Boy! You want girl? Pretty girl! Sucky sucky five dolla!

And I do have something against erotic elements in videogames if those do not advance the bloody plot.
You can make an attractive woman without giving her DD and shoving her into chainmail bikini.

Hell, most people don't even like huge breasts. Barring those high on puberty.

I do not want my videogame industry to ponder to teenagers which is exactly what it does.
Azure_Kite
#LaraCroftinaMetroidThread
Topic Starter
Mianki
Ivalset
We already went over this, she fights tigers and steals historical objects for her personal collection.

Also, video games are for children.
RemmyX25

Also Super Metroid > any other metroid game

EDIT: that guy who's bitching about lara croft being too feminist with breasts and what not hasnt played Other M yet.
awp

RemmyX25 wrote:

Also Super Metroid > any other metroid game
Now I feel bad - I thought you were posting to say something that wasn't this. And if you did, you would be wrong
thefran_old

Ivalset wrote:

Also, video games are for children.
They are actually for teenagers for some reason.

Industry needs less God of War and more Limbo.

hasnt played Other M yet.
Of course I played that piece o' crap!

That's industry pondering to idiots again. Discontinuity all the way.

You seen the Lara Croft franchise restart yet? People noticed the lack of skankines, and the bitching ensued - oh, there was a lot of bitching.
Ivalset
Most of the places I frequent are pretty optimistic about the reboot for the franchise.
jericho2442
Metroid, most likely my favourite game series of all time, i hope it continues to give us fantastic games xD

sooo here is to another 25 years of metroid
awp

jericho2442 wrote:

Mother Brain's most-feared inhibitor

FOR PEACE
lukewarmholiday

Ivalset wrote:

Most of the places I frequent are pretty optimistic about the reboot for the franchise.

Not the places I frequent. They all don't care, then this.

P.S. I feel naked without an avatar, just FYI.

P.S.S. Should I stream myself playing video games?

P.S.S.S. Did that x-mas avatar i was using get removed or did I remove it I don't remember.

P.S.S.S.S. I don't see a lot of ponies here outside of pokebis here. I have to be looking in the wrong places.

P.S.S.S.S.S. Yeah I was looking in the wrong places. Fuck ponies.
Ivalset
Well, you do frequent some faggy ass places.

Why don't you have an avatar?

Not unless you're playing good ones.

I'm sure it got removed. I doubt you lost your avatar privileges though.

Yes.
show more