forum

Input Lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JooJoo
Hello Guys.

I wanted to ask if someone knew why I got from the one to the other day an Input Lag.

I normally have around 0.7ms ingame, but now i have around 3.2ms and it's quite laggy.

Appreciate every help.

JooJoo
markii

JooJoo wrote:

Hello Guys.

I wanted to ask if someone knew why I got from the one to the other day an Input Lag.

I normally have around 0.7ms ingame, but now i have around 3.2ms and it's quite laggy.

Appreciate every help.

JooJoo

it's pretty likely you accidently hit f7 and changed your frame limiter, just set it back to unlimited and it should be fixed.
Topic Starter
JooJoo
Sadly that isn't the case, just checked right now. I really can't explain it.
markii

JooJoo wrote:

if you remember changing anything in settings before this happened revert them, are you playing in fullscreen? did you play in fullscreen before this? check ram usage, make sure your gpu (if you have one) is working correctly, something has changed in either your settings, or with your computer, and you are going to have to do some trouble shooting unfortunately, if you end up deciding to reinstal (use this as a last resort) make sure your songs/skins folder is backed up first
Topic Starter
JooJoo

markii wrote:

JooJoo wrote:

if you remember changing anything in settings before this happened revert them, are you playing in fullscreen? did you play in fullscreen before this? check ram usage, make sure your gpu (if you have one) is working correctly, something has changed in either your settings, or with your computer, and you are going to have to do some trouble shooting unfortunately, if you end up deciding to reinstal (use this as a last resort) make sure your songs/skins folder is backed up first
Yes i am playing on fullscreen, but it doesn't make sense if that is the problem. I played osu for 3 years in fullscreen. I checked my ram usage, looks normal. My gpu is doing well, no issues. I even reinstalled Osu but it doesn't seem that it fixed the problem.
Topic Starter
JooJoo
So i just found out that when im not playing in fullscreen, i get my usual 0.4ms but why is that? why can't i get it in fullscreen anymore?
markii

JooJoo wrote:

So i just found out that when im not playing in fullscreen, i get my usual 0.4ms but why is that? why can't i get it in fullscreen anymore?

windows uses transparency effects on the desktop, and has some weird methods of allocating resources to tasks that aren't fullscreen and if you're on windows 7 this can be fixed just google how to disable windows aero, it's weird that you can't enable fullscreen again, setting your resolution to your monitors native resolution and ticking the "fullscreen" box should put you in fullscreen, I'm not sure if you're supposed to click 1920x1080 (native) or just the normal 1920x1080, but try both, also I'm assuming your monitor is 1920x1080, but use whatever your monitors actual native resolution is.