forum

A radar cursor addon for the flashlight mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk
A radar cursor addon for the flashlight mod would enable a player to see the direction where the next hit circle or slider is on the screen, if it's covered by total darkness. This addon would also help prevent the need to memorize some maps, due to not knowing which direction the hit circles are on the screen. And using the radar cursor addon with the flashlight mod, would cause a small reduction with the flashlight's multiplier score. :)

peppy...this is my last one, I promise!
Gemi
I like this. I hate having to memorize stuff. And this doesn't make it a lot easier so the modifier doesn't need to be tweaked, it just makes playing easy maps more enjoyable if they have big jumps.
Echo
I reckon this should be a mod with a multiplier no higher than 0.75% if it is implemented.
Gemi

Echo49 wrote:

I reckon this should be a mod with a multiplier no higher than 0.75% if it is implemented.
This is a suggestion to modify flashlight, not creating a new mod.
Echo
Ah whoops my bad.
Ekaru
It would make Flashlight way too easy IMO. The reason it only has a 1.12x in the first place is BECAUSE of the memorization. It's not too bad for notes 1-199, but at 200+, it gets quite difficult. Now, if you knew where the notes where, especially on easier maps, no memorization would be required, hell, it'd be easier than hidden because you knew which direction the notes where, eliminating the main thing that made Flashlight mod-worthy in the first place!

Sorry, but I disagree with this mod idea, and it'd be really hard to balance if it was an add-on. It'd just make having Flashlight as a difficulty-increasing mod... pointless, because again, it'd take away the main thing that made flashlight so difficult in the first place (the other one being Lights Out, though that isn't too bad). No memorization required = way easier, and it'd be at least 1.06x, if not 1.03x. I think it'd be better to keep as is, off no add-on, ect.

Sure, it'd be harder to follow on harder songs, but easier songs? Psh, might as well ALWAYS use the Flashlight mod on those! I mean, if you didn't use the Flashlight + Radar on those by default, you'd be screwed, because it'd be a really easy bonus on those songs. ;(

I, however, would rather have the radar ALONE, as a mod that made it EASIER (and would reduce your score). It'd help newbies get into the game a little because it'd be slightly easier to see which way to go to get that note that is on the other side of the screen and you have three seconds to reach. =P Maybe have it be one of those quarter-circle wide ones that extended a bit, but went in the direction of the next beat? It would be quite easy to see that way, and would probably be around 0.70% score IMO.
fdtoonsman

Ekaru wrote:

I, however, would rather have the radar ALONE, as a mod that made it EASIER (and would reduce your score). It'd help newbies get into the game a little because it'd be slightly easier to see which way to go to get that note that is on the other side of the screen and you have three seconds to reach. =P Maybe have it be one of those quarter-circle wide ones that extended a bit, but went in the direction of the next beat? It would be quite easy to see that way, and would probably be around 0.70% score IMO.
OR, instead of just a tiny dot, a "beam" shooting from your cursor shooting towards the next note, so you know EXACTLY where it is.

OR, you could do a mod where there's a transparent "ghost" cursor under/over yours and it moves to the next marker and shows where to click.

I like my first idea best. It could be called "laser" or "pointer" mod and it could have a small reduction like 0.85x or 0.75x and it'll help newbie players learn the ropes.

Topic Starter
adamskii_uk

Ekaru wrote:

It would make Flashlight way too easy IMO. The reason it only has a 1.12x in the first place is BECAUSE of the memorization. It's not too bad for notes 1-199, but at 200+, it gets quite difficult. Now, if you knew where the notes where, especially on easier maps, no memorization would be required, hell, it'd be easier than hidden because you knew which direction the notes where, eliminating the main thing that made Flashlight mod-worthy in the first place!
This is why I suggested a reduction with the flashlights multiplier score, for when a player has the radar enabled. This is so that players who use the flashlight without the radar, get rewarded a higher score for their efforts of memorizing the maps. :) ... Rather than having the radar cursor as a seperate icon on mods selection screen, I suggest that the button for the flashlight toggles between 3 states, and the image for the button would update to show what mode it's in.

1) Flashlight off (default - icon is normal size)
2) Flashlight without the radar (0.12x - icon zooms in when clicked on)
3) Flashlight with the radar (0.6x - icon remains zoomed in, and the image changes to show the radar is enabled)
nintendoto
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
YoshiKart

nintendoto wrote:

There's no reason to remember anything but your account and password!
What?

adamskii_uk wrote:

1) Flashlight off (default - icon is normal size)
2) Flashlight without the radar (0.12x - icon zooms in when clicked on)
3) Flashlight with the radar (0.6x - icon remains zoomed in, and the image changes to show the radar is enabled)

I thought that the original score multiplier that was above 1.12 was appropriate. Giving this radar add-on, imo, should still keep the multiplier at 1.12.
Echo

YoshiKart wrote:

I thought that the original score multiplier that was above 1.12 was appropriate. Giving this radar add-on, imo, should still keep the multiplier at 1.12.
No wai.
YoshiKart
I don't think the multiplier should decrease, even with "radar".
Echo
Why not? It definitely makes the learning curve easier.
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
The Atomic_old
Better yet

Radar in corner mod!
NOTE : Made in like 2 minutes.
Gemi

The Atomic wrote:

Radar in corner mod!
That would totally ruin the idea of the mod, unlike the original suggestion.
YoshiKart
You know, I'd rather have another flashlight mod with ambient lighting for 1.06% instead of a radar. :|
Topic Starter
adamskii_uk