forum

osu! P.A.L. Dancer (Personal Assistant, Level-up! Dancer) [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Crimmi
I got this idea crawling through my head while playing audition:

The P.A.L. is in-game dancer you can create,customize and level up by playing beatmaps, kinda like your own in-game mascot when playing beatmaps. Whether you pass or not you'll still be awarded EXP points.

The P.A.L. could be found located on top of the Scoreboard (except in Taiko) dancing to the beat of your choice, and depends how you show these emotions:

[HP Bar] Good - The P.A.L. dances happily through the whole song and cheers the Player on.
[HP Bar] Bad - The P.A.L. watches the Player with disbelief.
[HP Bar] Danger/Caution - The P.A.L. panicks with fright until the Player can restore the HP Bar back.

During "Kiai Time" the Player can earn extra EXP for their P.A.L. (provided if a Mod is used.)

Mods also can affect the P.A.L. as well as such examples:

Hard Rock - The P.A.L. puts his/her game face on, giving 10 EXP extra at the end of the beatmap.
Flashlight - A spotlight is set on the P.A.L. and the scoreboard giving him/her more confidence, giving 20 EXP at the end of the beatmap.
Sudden Death - The P.A.L. is really really nervous, one mistake and it's game over.
Double Time - The P.A.L. is getting hyped and keeps up with you and the song, giving you 25 EXP at the end of the beatmap.
Hidden - The P.A.L. disappears and reappears throughout the song, giving you 15 EXP at the end of the beatmap.

This idea might be good or not but i'll leave that for you to decide, so feel free to comment with some feedback!!
Neruell
To my mind this won't fit into osu!.

It is more about plasying a music game rather than making your character look kawai or moe and annoy in any possible way. It can also disturb since it will take even a little spot on your screen. It could be fun for any kind of "new" game-mod or maybe some multiplayer match or some kind of "avatar" system in the game itself rather then just some random pic, but as for me I don't like this and I think it will take a lot of time of developing, balancing and implementing and instead of this rather fix/implement many other more needed features.
ziin
3d dancing characters have been planned for 3 years.
James2250

ziin wrote:

3d dancing characters have been planned for 3 years.
^

So if this "was" going to happen (which I doubt as I just don't see osu! heading in this direction) it wont happen in the next 5 years or so
Derekku
You're asking for customizable 3D dancers when 3D dancers haven't even been implemented yet. :s
Soaprman
You can put badges or ribbons on your avatar every time you do something cool in osu!. That's what I've been doing.