forum

osu! stream skin [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
theowest
Quite simply, the osu! stream skin for osu! \:D/

It should not be released into the osu!me since confusion will occur but I think it should be released for those who want it and already knows the difference between the two games. We just want a good-looking skin. It's a simple request.

This is how the osu! stream skin looks like:
Sakura
instead, why not ask in the skinning subforum, i highly doubt it will be used as the new default skin unless its already planned to happen that way.
Ekaru
It should at least be put up on osu!me for easy access. So, yes please.
mm201
It won't be the new standard. osu!stream has its own established look and feel which serves as branding and gives osu! and osu!stream each a different "voice" and/or "image."
osu!stream mappers have the skin, but it's ultimately up to peppy whether or not he wants regular players to be using this.

Also, a few visual tweaks, such as the crisper sliders and some animation effects will be working their way back into osu! over time.
Topic Starter
theowest

Sakura Hana wrote:

instead, why not ask in the skinning subforum, i highly doubt it will be used as the new default skin unless its already planned to happen that way.
Am I gonna ask someone non-employee of osu! to make it? I don't know who made it.. But peppy should upload this to osu!me.

Ekaru wrote:

It should at least be put up on osu!me for easy access. So, yes please.
Heck yeah.

mm201 wrote:

It won't be the new standard. osu!stream has its own established look and feel which serves as branding and gives osu! and osu!stream each a different "voice" and/or "image."
osu!stream mappers have the skin, but it's ultimately up to peppy whether or not he wants regular players to be using this.

Also, a few visual tweaks, such as the crisper sliders and some animation effects will be working their way back into osu! over time.
yeah..
Well.. It's just a skin. People SHOULD be able to play ANY skin they want. Why the heck not?
mm201
Wait for peppy to offer it.
Topic Starter
theowest

mm201 wrote:

Wait for peppy to offer it.
hokay.
im just.. making sure he knows we want it.
Xiao_old

theowest wrote:

Am I gonna ask someone non-employee of osu! to make it? I don't know who made it.. But peppy should upload this to osu!me.

yeah..
Well.. It's just a skin. People SHOULD be able to play ANY skin they want. Why the heck not?
I already asked him if I could re-skin it a few days ago.

peppy wrote:

I'd prefer not, if possible. I wish to keep them separate games with separate appearances.
In short: no.
OzzyOzrock
He's already denied someone to re-make it, but I'm not fully sure why.
Topic Starter
theowest

(peppy is god)

I'd prefer not, if possible. I wish to keep them separate games with separate appearances.
but.. We don't care about that! We just want an awesome skin to play with ;__;
Xiao_old
It's a legitimate reason. peppy simply doesn't want people mislabelling his two games. osu!stream has different functionalities (multi-inputs, hold notes, Stream mode) that osu!standard does not. This game is already niche. We don't want new players being confused from the get-go, do we?

Ultimately I could re-skin it and redistribute it privately, but I don't want to be an asshole to peppy like that. Just leave it be. Maybe peppy will come up with something over time.
Topic Starter
theowest

Xiaounlimited wrote:

It's a legitimate reason. peppy simply doesn't want people mislabelling his two games. osu!stream has different functionalities (multi-inputs, hold notes, Stream mode) that osu!standard does not. This game is already niche. We don't want new players being confused from the get-go, do we?

Ultimately I could re-skin it and redistribute it privately, but I don't want to be an asshole to peppy like that. Just leave it be. Maybe peppy will come up with something over time.
But give it to the experienced osu! players who just wants a better skin and doesn't care about what game it is! I don't see why sharing it privately would be I problem. I would love that! I want it so badly. Right now, I'm using a skin I created on my own, and I would love combining it with osu! streams awesome stuff.

All I want is to play osu! with a good looking skin... ;___________________;

777th post. yay \:D/
Waryas
Wait the users can't even make a skin that looks like it? What is this dictature.
Topic Starter
theowest
bla bla.
Lunah_old
well, someone should re-produce it \:D/ and here we go,
Neruell

Lunah wrote:

well, someone should re-produce it \:D/ and here we go,
+1

Even if it is somehow forbidden, no one can check it and no one can actually do something against it, unless peppy decides to forbid all and any custom skins which probably won't happen.
Cheer-no
There's probably nothing wrong with making it and keeping it to yourself! If you distribute it, though, then that could be bad. Anyone who wants it can probably rip it from screenshots fairly easily~
dvorak_old
It could happen in some point, but not for now or near future.

If you want your skin, just code osu!stream2 for yourself.
peppy
Hi,

I personally do not give permission to reuse the osu!stream graphics at this point in time. Obviously I can't stop you from making one and you are welcome to ignore this message, but that is completely up to you.
Topic Starter
theowest

peppy wrote:

Hi,

I personally do not give permission to reuse the osu!stream graphics at this point in time. Obviously I can't stop you from making one and you are welcome to ignore this message, but that is completely up to you.
Okay! Please deny this feature request. I don't want it anymore, I completely understand you.