forum

osu! Opening Animation

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lilac
Now I kinda regret dropping Media.
peppy
If not in the game itself, it would be great to make a video trailer for osu!. This would actually be easier to do than add it to the program itself, and could be used in a demo movie for the front site/used in other replays or whatever.

Opinions?
Quaraezha

peppy wrote:

If not in the game itself, it would be great to make a video trailer for osu!. This would actually be easier to do than add it to the program itself, and could be used in a demo movie for the front site/used in other replays or whatever.

Opinions?
I personally think that is quite an excellent idea.
I don't think I have ever seen an osu! trailer before, if there was, it would probably just contain Random Gameplay footage.
lepidopodus

Quaraezha wrote:

osu! trailer
Sweet :DDD

Hmm... competition for.... trailer?
Mara
I think the trailer should show beatmap editing/creating too.
Loginer
I wouldn't mind working on some backgrounds, but only if everyone else who joins is committed to finishing this. If the previous fifteen community projects are anything to go by, everyone will just spend two weeks working on ideas before losing motivation.

Edit: Oh, and this thing is finally finished. Might come in handy.
Mara

Loginer wrote:

I wouldn't mind working on some backgrounds, but only if everyone else is committed to finishing this. If the previous fifteen community projects are anything to go by, everyone will spend two weeks working on ideas before losing motivation.
I can do some video editing, really. Ideas needed.
Quaraezha
I think pippi should be in there somewhere
She could be in one corner and we could have speech bubbles or have some voice actress say stuff about the features of the game.
Loginer
As far as ideas go, I put some thought into a redesigned main menu for osu! a few weeks ago. It features an empty, neon lit stage, with Pippi sitting on the edge wearing headphones. In the background, the osu! logo pulsates on a huge concert screen. If this is going to be an opening video, perhaps we could combine the two and make the video lead into that menu.

The video would focus on Pippi preparing for her next performance. It'd be something like the loading screens in Rock Band 3, except much longer.
Jalatiphra
This would be so awesome.

code an example application , give it to peppy, let him use it if he likes it^^
Cyclohexane
I'd actually love to see something like that, Loginer.
Miu Matsuoka
A short opening like what osu!stream has would also be a great idea :D
Kitsunemimi

Miu Matsuoka wrote:

A short opening like what osu!stream has would also be a great idea :D
^ this

Also, for the play-once for first launch thing, what if some of us really want to watch it again? What if some of us want to watch it every time we launch osu!? I know osu! has enough toggles already, but I think one would be really fitting for this case. One for play once next start, play always, and never play.
Quaraezha
I haven't seen it yet since I don't have an iPhone/iPad or the App.
Can anyone upload a video or something?

Oh wait nevermind, it's in the demo video peppy uploaded
Topic Starter
Daru

peppy wrote:

Opinions?
This is more or less what I was thinking at first.
Not really a trailer, though, but more of a project to just make an opening video like this:

Start at 0:59.

It could serve as an advertisement for osu! too, and could easily be made into a gameplay trailer.
I do think that it should focus on Pippi, and I like Loginer's suggestion about Pippi preparing for her next performance or something.
NoHitter
Then IMO it would need an original song too.
OzzyOzrock
We could make one of those unoriginal but cool commercials where someone's walking around the city and they get ambushed by things related to the game or something.

But that sounds too complicated.
MMzz

NoHItter wrote:

Ozzy will sing it.
Topic Starter
Daru
Yeah, an original song would be cool. There's already an osu! theme jingle thing somewhere, so I suppose it could be built from that.
Has anyone turned that into a full song yet?
Nekoroll

Daru wrote:

Not really a trailer, though, but more of a project to just make an opening video like this:

Start at 0:59.

It could serve as an advertisement for osu! too, and could easily be made into a gameplay trailer.
I do think that it should focus on Pippi, and I like Loginer's suggestion about Pippi preparing for her next performance or something.

NoHItter wrote:

I could see this actually being done. An original song would have to be used as the forefront of the game however.

The characters in the DJMAX opening that Daru posted could easily have elements borrowed to be used with osu characters. It would be highly unoriginal, but it would work. Haha Pippi leaving from school and meets up at the stage with her group mates and then a super short performance followed by panning to the lights above. Then the bright lights fade to black and you see the osu logo and it turns into the main menu.

rofl I once redrew frames from First Kiss and replaced all the female characters with male characters (role reversal) but it took 1-2 hours per frame with a total of 800+ frames for the chorus and it was quite overwhelming. So I would be willing to help out some but this seems like too much of a commitment for most people and may not take off too well.
Neo@lex

Daru wrote:

Yeah, an original song would be cool. There's already an osu! theme jingle thing somewhere, so I suppose it could be built from that.
Has anyone turned that into a full song yet?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5735
It's pretty much finished, but no one's actually made a definitive version yet.
I'm currently working on a non-osu! related project, but after it's finished I wouldn't mind helping out in the way of audio.
Topic Starter
Daru
Is anyone else interesting in helping?

If you can, please say so, and say what you'd be able to help on, so I can get a proper list and get the project going.
Lizzehb
I'd love to do Pipi's voice, srsly.
Vext_old

Lizzehb wrote:

I'd love to do Pipi's voice, srsly.
You know, so would I.
Topic Starter
Daru
Not to pass the buck or anything, but I think that the person doing the song should be the one to decide which voice fits the song better.
Corin
If I had my tower I would fire up 3Ds MAX and Combustion alongside Premier pro... ;_; I NEED MY TOWER GOD DAMNIT, I MISS 3D DESIGN D:

If my circumstances was different I would be glad to help ;_;