forum

osu!stream Discussion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
i haven't seen any threads about it, so i'll make one anyway.

http://osustream.com/

incase you didn't know, osu!stream is now officially released

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/osu!stre ... ?ls=1&mt=8
^ iTunes link

peppy can move this thread on a more official osu!stream thread. anyway, discuss. :D
AyooxPsycho
PLEASE MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID TABLETS TOO PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEEEE
IM TIRED OF IPAD GETTING EVERYTHING DX
jjrocks

AyooxPsycho wrote:

PLEASE MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID TABLETS TOO PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEEEE
IM TIRED OF IPAD GETTING EVERYTHING DX
The android version is currently in development :U Read the site next time~
Randy96
I like how the DLC is Touhou
OzzyOzrock
peppy is tight with ZUN
Randy96
hmm, $3 for three songs in the DLC
GladiOol
Really enjoyed the game so far.
Paying for only 3 maps seems a bit too much for me, so not going to do that ):

Only thing I noticed while playing was that if you spin like a crazy man (like me) and hit the top and slide back down, you accidently open the menu. This is a bit annoying, but I guess I just need to stop being a retard while spinning ^^'
mm201
I've moreso hit my screen button when spinning and holding on too tight. I open the menu when hitting sliders starting at the top moving down, and sometimes circles there too.

Edit: Today I blew >$10 on a hamburger and Starbucks. $3 for 3 songs isn't expensive.
peppy

GladiOol wrote:

Paying for only 3 maps seems a bit too much for me, so not going to do that ):
On-par or cheaper than every other rhythm game on iOS and other platforms. Consider you are getting the game for free, and each song can take upwards of 100 man-hours to obtain rights, map and polish. Consider that support, maintenance, new features, server and distribution costs are not free.

Also, songs are now made from gold!

GladiOol wrote:

Only thing I noticed while playing was that if you spin like a crazy man (like me) and hit the top and slide back down, you accidently open the menu. This is a bit annoying, but I guess I just need to stop being a retard while spinning ^^'
http://www.osustream.com/help see the patch notes.
akrolsmir
Out of curiosity, who's doing the mapping? Is it all Peppy, or is there some behind-the-scenes system?

(Perhaps the answer is really obvious in-game; if so, apologies- I don't have an iThing in front of me)

Also, will we be able to create/share our own maps at any point?
peppy

akrolsmir wrote:

Out of curiosity, who's doing the mapping? Is it all Peppy, or is there some behind-the-scenes system?
Mappers are listed in the in-game credits. It's basically a hand-picked team.

akrolsmir wrote:

Also, will we be able to create/share our own maps at any point?
Let's keep things simple and say no.
Zhanger_old

OzzyOzrock wrote:

peppy is tight with ZUN
this made my day lol
Daru
So you were able to contact the creators of the songs and obtain rights to use them in osu!stream?

For some reason, this strikes me as really cool.

EDIT:
The iPad on the site looks a bit funky:
peppy

Daru wrote:

So you were able to contact the creators of the songs and obtain rights to use them in osu!stream?
Yes, permission has been obtained.

Daru wrote:

The iPad on the site looks a bit funky:
I'm surprised that's all you noticed ^^;. I have a bit to fix on that site.
lepidopodus
Noticed some 'familiar' songs in osu stream, hmm, might be a good advantage.
Faust
Ah, Lix and Amane?

This is a really nice surprise.

Do wonder about which artists will be included next.
lepidopodus
Many touhous available... Hmm, touhou fans will like it, anyway.
dvorak_old
Don't expect we can get "major" song in osu!stream.
But if you are contents holder / friend of it, it could be.
lepidopodus
Of course I don't expected those 'licenced' songs or something, but I wanted something fresh, to be honest.

Ah, wait, I don't have any device to play it anyway.
Quaraezha
I'm loving the Graphic Elements :D
lepidopodus

Quaraezha wrote:

I'm loving the Graphic Elements :D
Totally agreed. Really fancy, I think.
MarKKaM
Wow, it's hard. I can't complete any map with S grade and it's impossible to complete expert mode with A grade :D
Avedas

MarKKaM777 wrote:

Wow, it's hard. I can't complete any map with S grade and it's impossible to complete expert mode with A grade :D
Yeah same here haha. My fingers keep getting in the way of me seeing a note or I start a hold with the wrong hand/finger. It'd be nice to see some non-touhou/vocaloid/anime/nightcore songs but I'm liking the current free ones.
peppy
We are working on song choice. Also the difficulty will be toned down in the next update.
Avedas

peppy wrote:

We are working on song choice. Also the difficulty will be toned down in the next update.
Well don't overdo toning it down. Maybe for the stream mode so it's easier to unlock expert, but I'm loving the new mapping techniques the multitouch and hold features are providing, despite their difficulty.
peppy
Only judgement windows would be changed, not the maps themselves :). We are confident about the maps.
Avedas
That's good then. I got an FC with 94.5% or something like that and still got an A :|
Jinxy
This is so cool

I've only A'd one Stream map, and proceeded to D its expert counterpart. I blame my screen's roughness.

One thing that trips me up is hold notes in the middle of the map. I hit it with my right finger since I'm right-handed, and the next few beats are on the right and I break. :<
Sinistro

Avedas wrote:

That's good then. I got an FC with 94.5% or something like that and still got an A :|
Grade calculation in osu!stream is entirely dependent on score ;) Just get over 900.000 points to obtain an S.
PsychoSkill
whoa, nice game :D

haha, Tester: My mum. I'm serious
Lilac
Looking forward to trying it out soon.
Hello_old
Amazing game.

It works smoothly on my iPad2,but after about 30min gaming,my iPad get hot and lost about 10% battery.It confused me a lot cause other games like jubeat or pulse didn't do so.Are there still any bugs or optimization problems in the game?would it be fixed or optimized in the future version?

a Chinese player with broken English,I hope peppy could understand.XD
peppy
I have not yet tested power efficiency, but this should not be the case. I will look into it. 10% battery drained in 30 minutes, or 100->10%? 10% change is normal for about 30 minutes of gameplay.
Cyclohexane
I S'd a few Stream maps and A'd some Experts, really really nice app.

However, don't you think osu!stream is easier to play on iPad than iPod? I play on iPod Touch 2G and sometimes cluttered notes are tricky!
Hello_old
it is 10% battery drained in 30 minutes.Sure the graphic is really really cool.but don't u think the consumption is too much for a rhythm game?And I'm anxious about the heat,Would my ipad exploded after 2~3 hours gaming?...XD
NoHitter
Just wondering.
Isn't the port to Android of this being considered?
Gabi
IIRC android osu!stream is also in progress, you'll just have to wait a little longer.
show more