forum

Requesting a moderator for #skandinavian [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Teras
Hey guys. Just going here to request that we get a new moderator to #skandinavian...been hearing that loginer is ours but he's inactive so I don't see why we shouldn't change. Even though we've been denied it.

We are a lot of active ppl in #skandinavian so we also want to be able to have our own rules there since we are having moderators appearing from other channels to silence ppl for a reason they call "spam" or whatsoever when it's actually a part of our conversation.

Useless silences when they don't understand what we've been talking about to be honest, and that is also why I'd like to request this so that we can enjoy being in our channel without having random ppl ruin it every now and then with silences every now and then. They should only come to do anything if we !report a person really instead of lurking and thinking we are just doing some kind of bullshit there cuz they don't understand what we are saying.

It's time for a change, just like other channels got their own moderators.
theowest
support.. and

SATEN-SAN 4 PREZ
Saten

Teras wrote:

^ Yeah, #skandi shouldn't be an exception
maal

Saten-san wrote:

Teras wrote:

indeed.

saten should be the mod imo.
if she refuses on the other hand, i would gladly be a mod.
but yes, saten should be the mod.
theowest

Emaal wrote:

saten should be the mod imo.
if he refuses on the other hand, i would gladly be a mod.
but yes, saten should be the mod.
Or me.. If Saten refuses. and Emaal's away for the weekend. LOL
no okay.. :c
Nidert
I support this and I hope that Saten-san will be elected as mod \o/
Rena-chan
I should be the moderator !

I-I mean... I still totally support this from the previous thread about the same subject.
theowest

Rena-chan wrote:

I-I mean... I still totally support this from the previous thread about the same subject.
Saten-san is most active ;D
Rena-chan

theowest wrote:

Rena-chan wrote:

I know, it was a joke !
theowest

Rena-chan wrote:

theowest wrote:

I know, it was a joke !
oh. heh
DeathxShinigami
Just out of a quick glance but shouldn't someone higher be able to have a say in who becomes the next moderator for #skandinavian?

I'm not saying saten-san is unfit for the position but when becoming a chat moderator it's for all channels as well. Keep that in mind.
theowest

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Just out of a quick glance but shouldn't someone higher be able to have a say in who becomes the next moderator for #skandinavian?

I'm not saying saten-san is unfit for the position but when becoming a chat moderator it's for all channels as well. Keep that in mind.
He's still super suitable. Saten-san 4 prez!
maal

theowest wrote:

DeathxShinigami wrote:

*she

but i still agree. saten is fairly silent, but is always present. so i don't see why it would be a big problem, if she was to be a mod.
theowest

Emaal wrote:

*she
oh yeah.. she, he watever
Topic Starter
Teras

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Well, some moderators are slightly abusing this anyways. Thinking ppl are spamming and silences/banning without even asking. That is also why we want our own moderator (inb4 saten-san)
Mismagius

Teras wrote:

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Well, some moderators are slightly abusing this anyways. Thinking ppl are spamming and silences/banning without even asking. That is also why we want our own moderator (inb4 saten-san)
This is a reason why 90% of people in #portuguese are silenced, moderators think they're spamming when laughing and silence for absolutely no reason.

Supporting this, even though the moderators are just going to say "use !report more" and throw this into trash. :|
Shiirn
BD, just explain to them that shdoasdashdoaoihhiohouas is essentially lolololololololol. But i can see your point.
Mismagius

Shiirn wrote:

BD, just explain to them that shdoasdashdoaoihhiohouas is essentially lolololololololol. But i can see your point.
silence -> explain -> they apologize -> after some time -> silence -> explain -> they apologize

and it goes on and on and on and on and on and on
DeathxShinigami
Just had a very civilized conversation with theowest in #skandinavian

Sorry for the confusion about the way I said my statement you guys.
GladiOol

Saten-san wrote:

Teras wrote:

B-but other channels aren't getting an moderator either~
dkun

Saten-san wrote:

Teras wrote:

Good luck with your quest, I certainly know we were thrown aside.
Now our community is slowly cutting in pieces.

+support
Ephemeral
we'll have a look, i suppose.

i'll pass a few names on and see what happens.

do note that whoever becomes your channel op also becomes an irc op aswell - so we have to pick and choose people pretty carefully since irc ops have access to a lot of sensitive stuff
Gabi
Go Go, sometimes late at night some really strange things start happening in the channel lol.
Zelos
ugh.
Well at least you got a "we will look into it"
Saten
Don't die (this thread)

#skandi still needs one~
maal

Saten-san wrote:

Don't die (this thread)

#skandi still needs one~
but i guess loctav is enough wahjshsjkdndfg with all his threatening uahufdshgdjfgh
Gyuunyu
We want Saten-san to become a Moderator for skandi !
Saten-san for PreZident Whowho
Failed
Derp-san(saten-san) for president!

Saying the same thing as Gyuunyu, we want Derp-san to become a Mod for skandi :>
Saten

Emaal wrote:

Saten-san wrote:

Don't die (this thread)

#skandi still needs one~
but i guess loctav is enough wahjshsjkdndfg with all his threatening uahufdshgdjfgh
Yeah. But he's not from skandi though, so he's kinda limited there (He's chan op for #german)
maal
why not just call this channel #swedish dfgjayhfufj
palinus

Failed wrote:

Derp-san(saten-san) for president!

Saying the same thing as Gyuunyu, we want Derp-san to become a Mod for skandi :>
Wat he said ^ :v
Saten

Emaal wrote:

why not just call this channel #swedish dfgjayhfufj
Because some people might mistake it for swiss.
And #skandinavian is fine, there are still some Danes & Norwegians that still visits the channel.
Loctav
Let me see what I can do for you guys.
maal
wish i could add mods to my foes lists, so i would stop seeing then.

oh and @saten, how often do you see any danes/norwegian in there?
show more