forum

Does the break "black line" affect anyhting?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Equivalent_old

Above is the "break line" which isn't re insert after offset changes. Below is the changes after reinserting the break time

Like the title say, does it really affect anything? It seem like during gameplay, it doesn't affect the period of the break. Can this be ignored?

Ekaru
The "black line" is when the actual break begins. The shaded area between that and the last note is a time where there's no HP Drain, but the break stuff like the black bars aren't there.

Best way to show this is to put your mouse cursor at the "black line" so you get a resize cursor, and then drag the beginning of the break a long ways to the right. Then, playtest the map. You should see what I mean. It's like what happens in EBA and Ouendan, if you played those games.

So yes, you should pay attention to this. It acts like this so that when you want the break to start on a specific beat to, say, match with the Storyboard, you can do so without causing the HP to drain while there are no hit objects to hit. But, if you have the break start at a random point (like shown in your example) and not a specific beat, it's ugly and should be fixed.
mm201
It's purely cosmetic. (But if your break doesn't follow anything in the music or storyboard, you're probably better off leaving it default.)
Topic Starter
Equivalent_old
Thanks for clarification mm201. But one thing for sure is, every time I saw this in the mapper's map I do know there is a trace of offset changes. It like a hard evidence left over after offset changes. Together along with them is notes that drop on wrong beat like 1/4 drop on 1/6 and so on..
mm201
If the break is in its default, "sticky" position, it gets auto-adjusted to offset changes, AR changes, and object placement. The only way to get one of these is either on purpose or by copy/pasting objects into the .osu file, or if the map is from 2009 or earlier, when breaks didn't auto-adjust.