forum

Flashlight mod multiplier reduction

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
After observing the general response from the community with introduction of the flashlight mod, I have decided to drop the multiplier down to 1.12x, making it on-par with Double Time. This change will occur at 2008-09-03 00:00 GMT+8, with the release of a new build and reset of all flashlight scores.

1.18x -> 1.12x

This means that:
If you have a flashlight score on a song already (or achieve one in the next 4 hours) it will be deleted.
If you have a flashlight score but also had a previous high score, it will revert to your old record.

After this maintenance is done, you are free to achieve your flashlight scores again. Note that the old release will no longer be able to submit scores as a result. osu! will notify you to update automatically, as always.

Flashlight will be unranked for the next few hours.
Remco32
Aah, that's why my score wasn't submitted!
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5995/screenshot007bc1.png
Wanted to make a bug report of it :3
Topic Starter
peppy
I am running a full database cleanup at the moment, so if you feel you have lost score due to this change, please wait a couple of hours before reporting it.
fdtoonsman
D: damn it! It's such a hard mod though, it really deserves that high of a multiplier! I can hardly pass an easy song with it on, but on 2x it's hardly more difficult at all.

*sigh*
ThePassingShadow
I think 1.14x is more appropriate.
Pokebis
I noticed that the cursor has the flashlight effect when you turn on osu! now. I'm assuming you've done this on purpose.
I think it's kind of neat. ;)

machol30

ThePassingShadow wrote:

I think 1.14x is more appropriate.
agree. Especially with those beatmaps that exceed 300 combo mark. Cursor grows tiny! I lost my Every Time We Touch record too! I got to redo that later.
pandaBear_old
I think all multipliers should be taken out of the game, and each mode should have a separate ranking.
All it's doing is creating an unfair advantage for those who like to play normal mode and for those who play modes that multiply your score.
I've seen some cases where a few people get 100% accuracy on a song, but one person uses like 2 modes and gets rank #1 with 90% accuracy.
Just my 2 cents..
Topic Starter
peppy
Sorry but this isn't going to change now :).

@PandaBear: Multipliers are part of the game. I may provide options to filter them out for viewing high scores, but they will still be present. It only makes sense to get a higher score when you play on a harder mode. Accuracy is not everything.

@buraimaster1234: 300 combo does nothing. Your record should be back now, too, assuming it wasn't flashlight.

I doubt any difficulty increase mod will be placed above 1.12x in the future - I think going beyond this is too much of a bonus.
Gemi

peppy wrote:

@PandaBear: Multipliers are part of the game. I may provide options to filter them out for viewing high scores, but they will still be present. It only makes sense to get a higher score when you play on a harder mode. Accuracy is not everything.

I doubt any difficulty increase mod will be placed above 1.12x in the future - I think going beyond this is too much of a bonus.
Agreed on both.