forum

Hidden part 2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
1Alone
To experienced HD player :
Is it possible to get fc with HD on the first try when playing beatmaps? Can you react fast enough to hit the hidden notes behind other on your first try? If you can I might as well transform myself to a full time HD player lol
Caradine
reserving post to state that hd suck
Braixen-Desu
Yeah it's possible, but it depends
1. How many notes
2. How fast the song is (bpm)
3. If it's in the middle of the jump
4. How close the notes are stacked to each other
Zattano Zhed
I pretty much only play HD. For me at least I'd have to be warmed up on that songs AR to first try fc. But yeah, you deff can. It would really just depend on how well you can read it, and your own skill for that maps difficulty.
Kyrari
Not an only HD player but if you're used to HD, then using HD is basically the same as nomod so yeah it's more than just possible.

Unless the map has perfect stacking, but those doesn't appear in modern maps that much anymore.
And getting used to longstreams with HD is a pain ;w;
Rio-

VanillaSandvich wrote:

if you're used to HD, then using HD is basically the same as nomod so yeah it's more than just possible.
Second That...

I tend to play with Hidden mod all the time cuz' It's a lot easier to read than using nomod imo (especially in AR9 or above). The cons is probably that your accuracy might be worse than when playing nomod if you don't get used to the song beats. But if You're already good with Hidden, nomod might be a piece of cake imo.
Hibiya-chan
I can mostly sightread fc maps from 4*-4.6* with hd, provided they have those generic patterns.
Sayorie
I have no problem sightreading any map unless it's a really awkward pattern or some stack zeroes. Even though there's no approach circles, reading based on appearance order and timing of the notes acts as a replacement to it.

It's going to be hard at first, but just play lots of maps with HD and you'll get used to it. I kept on playing technical maps on HD and it really helped me to the point where if I can play it with nomod, then I'm 95% likely to be able to play it with HD too (all my scores are littered with HD because I keep replacing nomod scores with HD ones before).

You just have to train your muscle memory and ocular saccades for cross screen jumps around 6* and keep a stable aim for streams to avoid mis-aiming the whole stream.
Topic Starter
1Alone
Oh, but even with nomod if you encounter unusual map pattern you could not fc on one try also I guess lol.
Btw is it me or I'm actually playing better with the effect volume on 0? I'm playing without the hitsound now and sets my universal offset the right way I hear it and it seemed that I can control streams much better now o.O
Sayorie
Feedback is important in HD. No hitsounds = bad time in uncommon patterns. This is a rhythm game.
Caradine
no hitsounds = click early all the time, like barely 100...
-Makishima S-

1Alone wrote:

To experienced HD player :
Is it possible to get fc with HD on the first try when playing beatmaps? Can you react fast enough to hit the hidden notes behind other on your first try? If you can I might as well transform myself to a full-time HD player lol
Yes it is possible
You don't react, you use correct skin, not some garbage and read pattern
Being full-time HD player require from you nomod proficiency and still playing maps without HD
Topic Starter
1Alone

Caradine wrote:

Not really though, my acc skyrocketed lol and I can control my streams better. Overall I can play better without them but I have no clue whether I hit the circles or not lol, only hoping on the x that shows up in my screen. But I guess playing with hitsound is needed in HD. Time to find meself some better hitsounds :D

[Taiga] wrote:

Being full-time HD player require from you nomod proficiency and still playing maps without HD
I don't quite get you, you meant that being proficient in nomod is required in being fulltime HD player?
Sayorie

1Alone wrote:

I don't quite get you, you meant that being proficient in nomod is required in being fulltime HD player?
yes, if you can't read lots of nomod maps then you can't full time hd
ManuelOsuPlayer

Caradine wrote:

Wtf? Since when.
Hitsounds can make you hit earlier or in a bad timing if you hit bad the first patterns.
If you hit in the same early timming consistenly without hitsounds It's an offset issue. Or you don't listen well the songs.
N0thingSpecial
Yes.

At least for ranked maps
Topic Starter
1Alone

N0thingSpecial wrote:

At least for ranked maps

There's some trash ranked maps tho lol
Caradine

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

Caradine wrote:

Wtf? Since when.
Hitsounds can make you hit earlier or in a bad timing if you hit bad the first patterns.
If you hit in the same early timming consistenly without hitsounds It's an offset issue. Or you don't listen well the songs.
My mouse click is synced to the music, but i get early 100s all the time. With hitsounds i don't have that problem
tfg50
The new hd makes sightreading a lot easier. Yes, hd is easy af if you get used to it.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Caradine wrote:

My mouse click is synced to the music, but i get early 100s all the time. With hitsounds i don't have that problem
You have long hitsound or wrong offset/ mental timming.
I tap into circles space in way to keep timming, no way to hit earlier If you ignore the AR circle and hidden circle spawn timming.
I think hit earlier it's because you react to circles instead wait the beat timming.
markii
HDHR main here I keep HD when I don't have HR, not sure if that counts, sight reading is no trouble, HD eventually becomes nomod