forum

Osu! terms in Chinese (中文)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Futon
I'm writing an essay about games for my advanced Chinese class and I wanted to write about Osu!... then I realized I don't really know how to say most of the terms in Chinese :(

So for those who are Chinese or those who know the Chinese terms please help me with the following questions:

Do people in mainland need to use proxy/VPN to play Osu!?

How to say the following in Chinese:

Osu! (Chinese people address osu as osu right? probably a stupid question...)
beatmaps - ?
streams - ?
jumps - ?
drawing tablet - ?
Osu!standard - ?
Osu!mania (or other modes) -
clicking - ? (是不是就叫“点击“或则“点”?)
ranking - ?
FC (full combo) - ?

Thanks! 谢谢你们
Caradine
gameplay & homework
Braixen-Desu
Not sure if this belongs in G&R
Also, I think that Osu! standard is itself, so are the other modes. If there's anything that I know about Asian languages (as I know one myself), I know that if there's an alternate meaning to a word, just say the words outright in English. Then try to describe what each of the things are in Chinese.
(Also, I think Touhou might be the best game for writing stuff in Chinese, because it can be described in two words, 子弹地狱 (or bullet hell)).
1Alone
Maybe try posting this to language specific for chinese section? lol
Topic Starter
Futon

Braixen-Desu wrote:

Not sure if this belongs in G&R
Also, I think that Osu! standard is itself, so are the other modes. If there's anything that I know about Asian languages (as I know one myself), I know that if there's an alternate meaning to a word, just say the words outright in English. Then try to describe what each of the things are in Chinese.
(Also, I think Touhou might be the best game for writing stuff in Chinese, because it can be described in two words, 子弹地狱 (or bullet hell)).
The gameplay and rankings forum stated "anything about playing osu!" I guess this isn't the place for it since it's not about technically playing the game. I'll just move to the Chinese section then (or maybe reddit).

Edit: Feel free to lock mods.
Ellyu

Futon wrote:

most of the time,no. but without vpn the speed of downloading is totally a shit. so i use it based on my mood.

Osu! (Chinese people address osu as osu right? probably a stupid question...) we call it osu! too. but there is some meme ver.: 恶俗 or 屙屎 (similar pronounciation in chinese lol. it's some chinese meme)
beatmaps - ? 谱面 or 图
streams - ? 连打 or 串
jumps - ? 跳
drawing tablet - ? 手写板 or 板子
Osu!standard - ? idk. cuz most of the time we don't use any translation. but I think we call it 标准模式 if there is one.
Osu!mania (or other modes) - 下落式or 钢琴 or (骂娘 yes meme of pronounciation again)
for taiko:太鼓
for ctb:接水果
clicking - ? (是不是就叫“点击“或则“点”?)yes
ranking - ? 排名
FC (full combo) - ? 全连
better to post ur question to chinese forum so mare people can answer ur question. :D
Topic Starter
Futon

Ellyu wrote:

Futon wrote:

most of the time,no. but without vpn the speed of downloading is totally a shit. so i use it based on my mood.

Osu! (Chinese people address osu as osu right? probably a stupid question...) we call it osu! too. but there is some meme ver.: 恶俗 or 屙屎 (similar pronounciation in chinese lol. it's some chinese meme)
beatmaps - ? 谱面 or 图
streams - ? 连打 or 串
jumps - ? 跳
drawing tablet - ? 手写板 or 板子
Osu!standard - ? idk. cuz most of the time we don't use any translation. but I think we call it 标准模式 if there is one.
for taiko:太鼓
for ctb:接水果
clicking - ? (是不是就叫“点击“或则“点”?)yes
ranking - ? 排名
FC (full combo) - ? 全连
better to post ur question to chinese forum so mare people can answer ur question. :D
Thanks a lot! 多谢啦 ^^
Caradine
i thought he didn't answer it now i notice he did it in quote :? :?
Blitzfrog

Ellyu wrote:

That meme name is golden