forum

Message too short error only for map subforum [Fixed!] [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Waryas
"Your message is too short. Please do not post messages like "star", and make sure you are constructively adding to the thread in question."

On some forum games threads and language boards it's extremely annoying, can we restrict this rule only on some subforums?
Shael_old
support

10chars .
OzzyOzrock
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssupport
peppy
If you are going to make a thread like this, please state examples of why you need to post less than 40 characters on these forums.
Topic Starter
Waryas
On Guess the anime thread :
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=43831&start=870
Picture guessing game :
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=50897&start=1500&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
French flood forum:
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=15034&start=1605
French guess the anime thread :
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18512&start=480

And many other forum threads, as you can see, the average number of characters in these threads are less than 10 literally.
Lunah_old
Impossible to continue a lot of threads in italian board (like 3/4 of all) and I guess is the same on other language and OT subforums

this option should be related only to "Feature Requests" and Mapping threads for avoid the "star" "+1support", etc. is just useless for other forums.
peppy
Okay, for the moment I have limited the restriction to beatmap forums.
Mismagius
I guess it didn't work so much.

viewtopic.php?p=953666#p953666
Equivalent_old
Loop detected:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52318&start=15

I lol'ed hard
Luna
You might want to exclude MAT/BAT members from this, otherwise stuff like this happens:

Lizbeth wrote:

Bubbled~Bubbled~Bubbled~Bubbled~Bubbled~
messages too short lol
It's amusing, but also looks really stupid :>
Shiirn
Dumb people can get past it.
LuigiHann

Luna wrote:

You might want to exclude MAT/BAT members from this, otherwise stuff like this happens:

Lizbeth wrote:

Bubbled~Bubbled~Bubbled~Bubbled~Bubbled~
messages too short lol
It's amusing, but also looks really stupid :>
Shouldn't MATs and BATs have a bit more to say each time they bubble or rank a map? Even something like "I'm bubbling this now that those issues have been fixed" is more than 50 characters

Shiirn wrote:

Dumb people can get past it.
Fixed
ziin
The problem is that if there is no negative punishment for bypassing the system, there's nothing to stop people from doing so.

That being said, I do think the whole thing will die down after a while, and it isn't a bad plan. I probably would have made it 10 characters though. Given enough time, people will stop padding their posts and actually put in something useful, or they will just not post at all. Quite frankly, if you don't have anything to say, I don't want to hear it.

As for M/BATs:

I greatly enjoyed playing this map, especially 01:27:325 (1). Very interesting use of sliders.
Bubbled
Luna
Hm, you're right, I didn't think this through
Ignore that I ever said anything \:D/
Backfire
Uhm, why does this also apply to edits? When I'm trying to update a map and put "Edit 1- applied (****)'s mod" it wont let me. I'm actually limiting the spam :l