forum

Catherine

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crimmi
If you like Anime Horror Adventure Puzzles, this is the right game for you!!

Playing as a half-naked guy named Vincent, His girlfriend Katherine (with a "K") wants to get married, which is a prospect that Vincent hardly embraces, either outwardly or inwardly. Faced with a decision he'd rather not make, Vincent relaxes at his favorite bar, The Stray Sheep, where he meets another girl, Catherine (with a "C"). Catherine is the polar opposite of Katherine. Catherine is perky and fun loving, while Katherine is focused and grounded. Catherine represents fun and freedom; Katherine represents comfort and commitment. After his meeting with this seductress, Vincent wakes the next morning--with her next to him in bed. Thus, Vincent's staid life is disrupted by this vivacious woman who soon proves to have a severe jealous streak. Vincent better not cheat on her, she proclaims; who knows what might happen? And Vincent, petrified by this sinister turn--while still intrigued by her ample physical assets--is scared into inaction.
ElxBeta
The game looks pretty cool... too bad I don't have any 3rd generation console. I'm waiting for the Playstation Vita, maybe after that I'll buy a PS3 and hope this game gets translated soon.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

ElxBeta wrote:

The game looks pretty cool... too bad I don't have any 3rd generation console. I'm waiting for the Playstation Vita, maybe after that I'll buy a PS3 and hope this game gets translated soon.
I hope a US version is released soon.
Two_old
??? US version was released 2 days ago

I liked the concept of the game until I saw gameplay videos :/
Ikillforpies

Crimmi wrote:

If you like Anime Horror Adventure Puzzles, this is the right game for you!!

Playing as a half-naked guy named Vincent, His girlfriend Katherine (with a "K") wants to get married, which is a prospect that Vincent hardly embraces, either outwardly or inwardly. Faced with a decision he'd rather not make, Vincent relaxes at his favorite bar, The Stray Sheep, where he meets another girl, Catherine (with a "C"). Catherine is the polar opposite of Katherine. Catherine is perky and fun loving, while Katherine is focused and grounded. Catherine represents fun and freedom; Katherine represents comfort and commitment. After his meeting with this seductress, Vincent wakes the next morning--with her next to him in bed. Thus, Vincent's staid life is disrupted by this vivacious woman who soon proves to have a severe jealous streak. Vincent better not cheat on her, she proclaims; who knows what might happen? And Vincent, petrified by this sinister turn--while still intrigued by her ample physical assets--is scared into inaction.
fixed the youtube link
Mogsy
US version is out.

It's really well-done, actually. Controls are a tad iffy, but that's my only complaint.
Topic Starter
Crimmi
Gonna cancel that japanese order, now that i knew too late >.>
Mogsy

Crimmi wrote:

Gonna cancel that japanese order, now that i knew too late >.>
Research before you order.
xSuperGirlx
ohh! yeah i've heard of this game, never had a chance to play it. thanks for reminding me it so that i can buy it now ^.^
Nekoroll
I played the JP demo a few months ago and actually have been wanting to play this after its NA release. The demo was pretty challenging and interesting imo. However, I probably would only buy it after the price has been knocked down a bit.
Topic Starter
Crimmi
Love them anime cutscenes by Aniplex, and the levels we're hard as poot especially level 5.
Dieathan
Never played any Persona games but I've been thinking about checking Catherine out. At least a EU/AUS release was announced. Too bad it won't be coming to Australia for a while.
Souduh
If you're expecting Catherine to be anything like Persona, you'd be a little disappointed, as Catherine is puzzle based while Persona is an RPG. The only similarity I can think of is the dating elements.

That being said, I own Catherine and Personas 3 and 4. I love them all greatly.
Mogsy
I beat Catherine last night. A+ would play again even though I already started a second playthrough, leaning more towards freedom instead of order
Two_old
there are 7+ endings
Topic Starter
Crimmi
Well considering i got to see one, i'll play it differently for more endings.
Ramellu

Nekoroll wrote:

I played the JP demo a few months ago and actually have been wanting to play this after its NA release. The demo was pretty challenging and interesting imo. However, I probably would only buy it after the price has been knocked down a bit.
Also is waiting for the price to go down a bit. xD

I really like the gameplay~ puzzles are fun. =w=
Azure_Kite
So I bought it today online. Should be here within 3-5 business days.
Behon
Started playing a rental copy today. I'm generally not a puzzle game kind of guy, but all the other crazy elements have me interested.

I've heard in different reviews and podcast posts that the ending is a mess, because it seems like there's a clean and reasonable spot to end, then the story keeps going, goes off the rails, and becomes super crazy in some way. Wonder how I'll feel.
Firo Prochainezo
Finished it in one day with a friend of mine. Great game. :) I loved the trivia of the night.
thefran_old
There won't be a PC release of that, right?

There isn't really a PC release of anything but strategy games and indie bullshit, right?
Nharox

thefran wrote:

There isn't really a PC release of anything but FPS bullshit, right?
There, fixed for you. And I overheard the indie bullshit. >:(
Metruzero
Because I'm a masochist I started my first game on hard mode at a friend's house. Big mistake. The first level took me 5 tries and I couldn't beat the second.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Metruzero wrote:

Because I'm a masochist I started my first game on hard mode at a friend's house. Big mistake. The first level took me 5 tries and I couldn't beat the second.
The first level is already hard enough on hard alone, i managed to pass it within 3 tries.
thefran_old

Nharox wrote:

There, fixed for you. And I overheard the indie bullshit. >:(
HURR DURR

Console shooters completely dominate the market.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

thefran wrote:

Console shooters completely dominate the market.
1.) Not EVERYONE is fond of FPS games some times.
2.) While FPS games are dominating, maybe some people wanna tinker with the old brain a little.
thefran_old
> Not EVERYONE is fond of FPS games some times.

They are still all over the bloody market.

Call of Duty is now hopelessly a console shooter with nothing PC-oriented in it, and even though the new title hasn't been released yet afaik, it will be the best selling game this year or ever.

No one gives a fuck what you think about FPS games - american teenagers want more of them. No one generally gives a fuck about what you think.
FisHie_old
Profanity isn't for a gentleman.
thefran_old
You have to adapt to the corporational mindset to fully understand the situation on the market, my friend.

The truth there being that the mindset of Nintendo - especially NoA, or Rockstar, or Activision, or what have you - is not even "screw you". It's "Fuck you, we don't give a shit".
Pokebis
So has anyone played that one game called, uhhh..
Catherine?
Behon

Pokebis wrote:

So has anyone played that one game called, uhhh..
Catherine?
Beat it about an hour ago and got the True Katherine ending (There are apparently 7 more). I can see how some people would consider the later story bits to be jumping the shark, but I enjoyed the twists myself.